Gms vs hms

Search This thread

H Ahmad

Mar 23, 2020
Sorry I am new to this community. I feel like GMS and HMS are pretty similar at the moment but HMS could be a lot more personalised whereas GMS will have stay pretty much the same to remain user friendly to all :)

Jack Wu Shenzhen

Feb 11, 2020
shenzhen
from my point of view

Global Reach:HMS Core have covered 570 million users in over 190 countries and regions, which helps developers acquire new users quickly and efficiently. HMS Core establishes a seamless connection between your application and users around the world.

One-stop Integration
: The Huawei Developer Website provides API references, development guides, sample codes, and video guides to make you know how to integrate quickly with HMS Core in your app’s development.

Comprehensive Capabilities of Basic Services:HMS Core provides 24(still increasing:good:) kinds of capabilities based on the Chipset-Device-Cloud mode, which helps developers integrate into the HMS Core ecosystem quickly and brings better and intelligent experience to Huawei users in all scenarios.

davidmaxwaterman

Dec 31, 2014
I think the gotcha is push notifications. Many (most) apps uses services that require GMS on the phone, so their notifications simply do not work on HMS. It is unrealistic to expect app developers to port their code for HMS.

I wonder if there's any scope for a 'proxy' service to forward notifications from services that target GMS to ones that can only use HMS.

Top Liked Posts