FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL][8/14/11]BatteryIconMaker-Generate % battery icons.Vertical,Horizontal,Circular

675 posts
Thanks Meter: 109

By jsmith8858, Senior Member on 16th July 2011, 03:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th October 2011, 06:45 PM |#21  
Flag Wixom, Michigan
Thanks Meter: 954

More
Excellent tool, Jeff! Saves people hours and days of slaving over Photoshop to create each individual icon. I'd be tearing my hair out right about now, and I can't spare any.

I do have a suggestion for a future release, and it is related to the "battery charge animation icons" thing mentioned earlier. It's easy enough to create a set of stat_sys_battery_charge_anim##.png files by creating a custom XML, but currently there is no way to add a symbol (such as a "lightning bolt") on top of the generated image. That would be a neat feature to add: the ability to specify a .png file, instead of text, that could be overlaid onto the image. The overlay .png would have to use transparency, of course, but that would be the user's issue. This would allow any sort of custom graphic to be overlaid on top of the icons. (Right now, I just did a quick-and-dirty hack by using the text feature to overlay an "X" onto each icon, but I'd prefer to have a symbol.) If you could add this feature, I think your utility would truly be the answer to everyone's dream!

Again, thanks for such a useful app!
12th November 2011, 04:31 PM |#22  
Recognized Themer
here and there
Thanks Meter: 4,835

Donate to Me
More
could anybody show me a working example of that XML file? I don't know how that stuff works,
thanks

Send from my totally BlackIced DHD
12th November 2011, 05:36 PM |#23  
Flag Gaza City, Palestine
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Nice!! Thanx a bunch!!
15th November 2011, 02:19 AM |#24  
Flag Paradise Valley, AZ
Thanks Meter: 378

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPollard

Excellent tool, Jeff! Saves people hours and days of slaving over Photoshop to create each individual icon. I'd be tearing my hair out right about now, and I can't spare any.

I do have a suggestion for a future release, and it is related to the "battery charge animation icons" thing mentioned earlier. It's easy enough to create a set of stat_sys_battery_charge_anim##.png files by creating a custom XML, but currently there is no way to add a symbol (such as a "lightning bolt") on top of the generated image. That would be a neat feature to add: the ability to specify a .png file, instead of text, that could be overlaid onto the image. The overlay .png would have to use transparency, of course, but that would be the user's issue. This would allow any sort of custom graphic to be overlaid on top of the icons. (Right now, I just did a quick-and-dirty hack by using the text feature to overlay an "X" onto each icon, but I'd prefer to have a symbol.) If you could add this feature, I think your utility would truly be the answer to everyone's dream!

Again, thanks for such a useful app!

+1 for me. That's a great concept. Been using this battery icon maker from day one. Can't wait to try out the updated version.
15th November 2011, 02:26 AM |#25  
Flag Wixom, Michigan
Thanks Meter: 954

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raider3bravo

+1 for me. That's a great concept. Been using this battery icon maker from day one. Can't wait to try out the updated version.

You may get your chance soon. Jeff was kind enough to send me the C# source code to the app, and I've already added the ability to specify an overlay PNG. I've tested it and it works to create battery charge icons with a little lightning bolt (nothing special is needed, just an XML file configured with the proper filename mask and specifying the overlay PNG file). Once I'm able to finish it up, I'll post it here (with all due credit to Jeff, of course).

I'm also hoping to create a Windows GUI version, which will allow you to point and click instead of hand-crafting an XML file. Haven't decided yet if it's going to be a standalone app or something that calls the current program to do the heavy lifting.
The Following User Says Thank You to MJPollard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MJPollard Ad-Free
15th November 2011, 02:58 AM |#26  
Flag Paradise Valley, AZ
Thanks Meter: 378

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith8858

Here's version .2. The OP will be updated at some point when I have time to rewrite it.

Changes:

1) The % text is now smoothed and anti-aliased.

2) You can draw a circular progress bar by specifying rotateStart and rotateEnd attributes for the bar element. These are in degrees (0-360). The "bar" image will be drawn at the startX, startY point (usually 0,0; omit if you like as this is the default) and then repeatedly rotated and drawn up to the currently drawn battery level. endX and endY are ignored if you use rotation. (The included config.xml file has an example of using this feature.)

3) You can now specify a "step" attribute in the batteryLevels element. This allows you to draw icons for only every nth battery level, say, 0,5,10,15...90,95,100. (the default config.xml file includes this attribute so you can see where it is; it is set to 1, which is the default.)

4) in the bar element, you can specify drawCount and skipCount attributes to toggle drawing the progress bar on and off to make a "dotted progress bar" effect. This is often done for circular battery icons. Basically, specify how many % to draw and then how many % to skip using these attributes. (The included config.xml file has an example of using this feature.)

5) An image called "preview.png" will be created in the output folder with a simple compilation of all of your icons in one image. This is useful for posting for others to see or for you to quickly review all in 1 place.

The standard horizontal bar example included with the app has been renamed to "config-bar.xml", while the default "config.xml" included creates a dotted circular progress bar and includes most of the features described above.

Have fun! See some attached examples. (PLEASE NOTE: I literally threw the examples together in 10 minutes, they are a little sloppy since I didn't take the time to line things up perfectly, you can do better!)

This makes it so easy. Thanks a million man. Have a donation link yet? lol

And thanks MJPollard. I've been waiting for that mod for a while now. I can't imagine theming without this script. I remember when I started theming battery icons three months ago. I got done with 3 icons ....20 minutes later and Google'd "Battery Icon Maker" and Jeff's thread came up
15th November 2011, 03:14 AM |#27  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 2,291

Donate to Me
More
Just want to give daps to the creator so far i Used this program for lunar and applecore. If it weren't for this I wouldn't make themes lol
20th November 2011, 05:33 AM |#28  
Flag Mobile
Thanks Meter: 947

Donate to Me
More
Nice program.

This is what I get when I run V2:

I didn't change the xml, what do I need to fix?

TIA for any answers!
(looking forward to future updates too )
20th November 2011, 05:51 AM |#29  
Recognized Themer
here and there
Thanks Meter: 4,835

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyDee

Nice program.

This is what I get when I run V2:

I didn't change the xml, what do I need to fix?

TIA for any answers!
(looking forward to future updates too )

That's my problem too! I tried it on 3 different PC's, but no success. If anyone can help, please post your ideas! Thx

send from a Blackiced DHD
22nd November 2011, 03:12 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
What do i need to do with the output folder ? How can i get thse on my phone ?
23rd November 2011, 04:14 AM |#31  
Flag Jagodina
Thanks Meter: 264

More
Thanks a lot for the program.

Making percentages and graphical representation of the battery, now is piece of cake.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0.png
Views:	446
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	792109   Click image for larger version

Name:	0.0.png
Views:	419
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	792127   Click image for larger version

Name:	white numbers.png
Views:	407
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	792495   Click image for larger version

Name:	black numbers.png
Views:	417
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	792496  
Attached Files
File Type: rar 0.rar - [Click for QR Code] (296.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: rar 0.0.rar - [Click for QR Code] (296.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: rar black numbers.rar - [Click for QR Code] (331.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: rar white numbers.rar - [Click for QR Code] (334.2 KB, 24 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)