Linux on the Yoga Tablet 2 10"

Search This thread

bgonev

Mar 6, 2009
To get this going I need to get into the bios. This unfortunate fellow ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=61642606) stumbled into it and if anyone knows how it happened let me know and I'll get some disto (Arch or Ubuntu Touch?) running. I'm pretty sure I could get it to boot. ;)

Edit: got a hold of some tools and have a really smart guy looking into this... Stay tuned.

Sent from my YOGA Tablet 2-1050F using Tapatalk

I'm also interested in getting into BIOS.. I don't have OTG cable to attach USB keyboard and try on booting time to enter into BIOS with standard key combinations like: F1, F2, F10, DEL etc...
If you find a way to enter the bios, write..

cephas1992

Aug 13, 2012
how to

hey i have the windows 8.1/10 version of the yoga 2 tablet, can you please explain how you were able to access the bios, im rather interested .

Thanks

workdowg

Apr 17, 2011
Seneca Falls
Let's try this... The more people the better!!

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/landing_pages/contact/email-lenovo/

attachment.php

attachment.php

I

ionioni

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Let's try this... The more people the better!!

and also you can add that they are BREAKING the Android license regarding verified boot (which imposes the continued boot at users choice with a warning on a failed check and NOT a locked boot process), maybe a google recipient in CC is in order

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Until we can get a bootloader unlock, this seems the best route to take for the moment. I've used Linux Deploy for years now and with the new integration it should work even better..

LD Blog - http://meefik.ru/blog/2015/09/14/linuxdeploy-android/

you can't boot anything but original Lenovo kernel+initramfs, the loader checks for OEM(Lenovo) valid signed hash of the booting image and it will lock if not valid. all the eventual modification/subverting must be done AFTER the Lenovo's original kernel is loaded(sadly, so no linux first). even if one could somehow trick the system into booting from usb/sd card, whatever it will install, a new custom loader or kernel, the next boot will be locked out as the signature of the new files will not exist (or not be valid). the usb otg interface is disabled until kernel is loaded (tried with flash drive, and self powered keyboard). i don't even know why lenovo gives the uefi shell with no way of keyboarding when he cannot find a valid efi loader... seems they are mocking us. if you want to install you can (having root) put whatever you want on the existing partitions (why people think that if the install something "booting from bios" the next boot will not be checked?) but again... useless... as they will get checked (first the loader, then the boot)
btw. do not try to write windows version of the bios on an android tablet if you don;t have a flash programmer, NOTHING will unbrick your tablet until you reflash the bios on a hardware level.

Last edited:

EL3CTRiC

Sep 5, 2012
U can ask the guys from "bump for the LG G3" we had the Same Problem with the G3 unlock maybe it can help.

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk

workdowg

Apr 17, 2011
Seneca Falls
U can ask the guys from "bump for the LG G3" we had the Same Problem with the G3 unlock maybe it can help.

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk
I kind of did and got no response... They are really busy people IRL and are working on the G4 (I'm hoping soon!). I don't have the time but you may want to try their IRC channel (I'm also unsure what channel it is...).

As it is there is some progress in a different way that I'll post soon if enough interest is there...