Thanks Meter: 15

By saturn_frak, Member on 25th June 2013, 09:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th February 2014, 08:57 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by calik

If you have china version like me, you must install an old version of modem 16 or 17 (change only a modem.img) for better work in europe.... Try...

Inviato dal mio iOCEAN X7 con Tapatalk 2

Thanks! I flashed Chinese V52 which made it work with both GSM networks.

Of course, that made me lose WCDMA 900 MHz which I also would have wanted... Guess you can't have everything with this phone.

Before V52 I tried the baseband from P780 ROW but that didn't make any difference.

15th February 2014, 03:02 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _mfm_

Thanks! I flashed Chinese V52 which made it work with both GSM networks.

Of course, that made me lose WCDMA 900 MHz which I also would have wanted... Guess you can't have everything with this phone.

Before V52 I tried the baseband from P780 ROW but that didn't make any difference.

Yes right... Me too... Lost the 900MHz...:banghead: But for me is not a big problem In my country this band is used only in 1/2 % of cover toghether at the standard 2100....

Inviato dal mio iOCEAN X7 con Tapatalk 2
17th February 2014, 08:41 AM |#103  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by calik

Yes right... Me too... Lost the 900MHz...:banghead: But for me is not a big problem In my country this band is used only in 1/2 % of cover toghether at the standard 2100....

A bit disappointing since Lenovo A850 works fine with 900/2100 as far as I can tell, even the Chinese hardware flashed with ROW firmware (but even the Chinese version has official support for WCDMA 900).

Too bad I always have to find these things out the hard way and prior to this people say that it's all fine (Same with Lenovo A760 which has a firmware bug in all versions so if you use WCDMA 900 and two SIM-cards the internet download doesn't work, just upload...).

Anyway, the phone works fine enough now, I can change baseband depending on which operator is going to be used.
19th February 2014, 03:25 AM |#104  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 7

More
8GB version of Lenovo S920
Hi. I'm a newbie to Lenovo phone thread here. In Thailand, Lenovo now sells 8GB version of S920 (in blue). I just got these two over the weekend and the version is still S920_ROW S111 but with 8GB marked. Do you guys think the steps in this thread would apply without problem?

The phone is root with framaroot and XPosed/GravityBox installed/enabled. LEDFlow is installed but still not working as expected.

Recovery is still in Chinese.

Let me hear from you guys then.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-19-10-20-14.png
Views:	334
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	2587687  
19th February 2014, 02:24 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 831

More
Guys any update on KitKat custom ROMs?
20th February 2014, 09:30 AM |#106  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadevt

Hi. I'm a newbie to Lenovo phone thread here. In Thailand, Lenovo now sells 8GB version of S920 (in blue). I just got these two over the weekend and the version is still S920_ROW S111 but with 8GB marked. Do you guys think the steps in this thread would apply without problem?

The phone is root with framaroot and XPosed/GravityBox installed/enabled. LEDFlow is installed but still not working as expected.

Recovery is still in Chinese.

Let me hear from you guys then.

You can't flash the firmware files for the 4GB version if that's what you're asking.

Hmm, it seems Viber doesn't work 100% with this phone either. Sometimes it doesn't scroll in the smiley list (just very little and then presses some simley you didn't want to send...). Then I have to exit and enter 1-2 times to be able to scroll properly. Anyone else has this problem? It just seems to be in Viber, I haven't noticed touch or scroll problems anywhere else.

At least it's much better than on Lenovo A760 where Viber doesn't work at all (the remote party can't hear anything you say).
21st February 2014, 02:56 AM |#107  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _mfm_

You can't flash the firmware files for the 4GB version if that's what you're asking.

Hmm, it seems Viber doesn't work 100% with this phone either. Sometimes it doesn't scroll in the smiley list (just very little and then presses some simley you didn't want to send...). Then I have to exit and enter 1-2 times to be able to scroll properly. Anyone else has this problem? It just seems to be in Viber, I haven't noticed touch or scroll problems anywhere else.

At least it's much better than on Lenovo A760 where Viber doesn't work at all (the remote party can't hear anything you say).

Hi Thank you. That's what I thought as well that the 4GB things will not compatible with my model. I would love to have the partition combination first thing as it was divided to 4.42GB Internal storage and 2.84GB Built-In storage. Everything else, I am still fine to live with as changing launcher and those rooting works normally.

Thanks again. ==/|\==
22nd February 2014, 01:08 PM |#108  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadevt

Hi Thank you. That's what I thought as well that the 4GB things will not compatible with my model. I would love to have the partition combination first thing as it was divided to 4.42GB Internal storage and 2.84GB Built-In storage. Everything else, I am still fine to live with as changing launcher and those rooting works normally.

If you check the first post you can follow the link to the original post in russian on lenovo-forums.ru that explains how to modify the EBR2 file for your phone.
28th February 2014, 02:06 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
s920 sim no 2 is working
i using s110_130515,sim no2 always no networking,finally i download china version rom s920 row_502 _130717 ..after extract n copy modem.img and replace the original modem.img... now my sim no2 is great.. by the way im from malaysia.... hope can help guy ..
4th March 2014, 10:47 AM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
hi guys please can anyone tell me the process to do for the Re-partition storage , please step by step
8th March 2014, 06:29 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedulus

i joust bought a s920 and i have a problem, sim2 does not register on to network, "error occure while searching the network", sim1 works fine, does anyone know what should be the problem ?

It's very simple to solve it: you have to gain root privilege and replace the baseband "/etc/firmware/modem.img" ver 24 or later with that the same file but ver V18.
You can copy the new file on the SD and then via root explorer on the phone. Than you can copy an replace the original file. At the end be sure that root must be the owner of the file with permission 644.
Restart the phone and the SIM 2 will work too
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)