[APP] swapsd beta: Samsung

Search This thread

Kingspp

Apr 10, 2012
Mysore
Sure.... Please be more specific...what did you do? Are you having cwm?

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda premium

Zac666

Sep 3, 2013
!!!!HELP!!!!

Didn't know this wasnt meant for my phone
i use a iball andi 5c which runs on android ics 4.0.3
anyhoo i used this and as it rebooted my phone both my usb internal storage and external sd card dissapeared
heeeellp please
i can't even use my phone on my pc via usb
tried factory reset but didnt help!!!

smileybri

Sep 5, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale
Turn off USB storage before using camera

I hope this wasn't addressed. The search is down on XDA, but I found no reference to camera in a page by page search.

I have an Exhibit 4G (SGH-T679) Android 2.3.6 Peach Sunrise

After installing swapSD and doing a swap and then a reboot I can't use the camera. When opening the camera I get the message "Turn off USB storage before using camera" and the camera app never loads.

I installed this app specifically because I would like to have the camera store photos on the SD card instead of using up all of the device memory.

Would appreciate any help.

CUtacomaTIGER

Jan 2, 2013
I flashed the Peach Rom and everything when smoothly. But when I used the SwapSD app it caused my Wi-Fi to stop working. I hit the restore to defaults option but that didn't fix the issue. Any Ideas?

I also posted ^ on the Exhibit thread b/c I didn't know this one existed. Sorry

fazalakbar0

Feb 17, 2014
Please help

when i install swapsd my internal and external memories are gone please help
i m using galaxy S4 clone:crying:

sakar89

Mar 31, 2014
Curiosity

I am using Galaxy s4 GT i9505 running on android 4.4.2.

I have attached my void.stab txt here . Can u please tell me if this will work on my device.

Huzaifa7755

Feb 4, 2014
Will this work on galaxy note sgh-i717

Tested by me on the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit only. (I'm told it works on the Galaxy W). If your device's /system/etc/vold.fstab file matches the attached original Galaxy Exhibit fstab file, it may work for you as well. Note: This app is not compatible with CyanogenMod. Root is required.

A common complaint about some Samsung Gingerbread phones is the fact that they mount the relatively small internal sd memory as /mnt/sdcard and this memory is treated as the phone's primary removable storage by some apps, ignoring the "real" removable sd card that Samsung refers to as "/mnt/sdcard/external_sd".

This simple gui allows you to swap the two so your larger "external sd" is mounted as "/mnt/sdcard/" and the smaller sd internal memory is mounted as "/mnt/sdcard/external_sd".

This is done by changing a file called vold.fstab in your phone's /etc folder. The original device vold.fstab file is backed up to /etc/vold.fstab.backup when this app first runs. Your data on /mnt/sdcard and /mnt/sdcard/external_sd is not touched in any way whatsoever. Root is required. Easy install: copy the apk file to your SD card and open with a file manager.

Please nandroid backup before testing!

If you get "Unknown Error, Contact Developer" you are more than likely not properly rooted! This app requires Superuser and Busybox to properly function!

Please note that if you've already moved existing apps to SD or existing apps have placed support files on SD, swapping mount points is not a good idea. Uninstall these apps, then reinstall after swapping.

Will this work on galaxy note sgh-i717

endriklos977

Oct 21, 2014
HELP!!!!!

I. AM. SCREWED. i downloaded it, did it started rebooting and then read: its for SAMSUNG(mine is lg l7 II) then i read, that i should delete my apps first. So now i did a hard reset and STILL can't acess the settings, most other system apps, and it constantly says so: Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped. HELP! PLEASE! I CAN'T EVEN ACCESS THE FILES FROM MY PC! I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS THREAD MAY BE OLD BUT HELP! :(

lucky_515

Oct 8, 2014
columbus indiana
SWAP APP works on mimi n900 note 3 clone

The fstab.txt is the original from the Galaxy Exhibit. It's attached so you can compare it to the /system/etc/vold.fstab on your phone. If the two match, this app may work for you.
..just wanted to let people know the swap2sd app worked on this mini N900 cloned note 3 ..it woukdnt evem download 2 apps before this now with this 16 gig ex sd card mounted as internal storage ..can download anything i wish...for some reason titanium backup wont work now though..but with this phone not sure if i care..just for a friend...says cant find path..or dont exsist..sure its from swapping ..anyways THANKS XDA :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tested by me on the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit only. (I'm told it works on the Galaxy W). If your device's /system/etc/vold.fstab file matches the attached original Galaxy Exhibit fstab file, it may work for you as well. Note: This app is not compatible with CyanogenMod. Root is required.

A common complaint about some Samsung Gingerbread phones is the fact that they mount the relatively small internal sd memory as /mnt/sdcard and this memory is treated as the phone's primary removable storage by some apps, ignoring the "real" removable sd card that Samsung refers to as "/mnt/sdcard/external_sd".

This simple gui allows you to swap the two so your larger "external sd" is mounted as "/mnt/sdcard/" and the smaller sd internal memory is mounted as "/mnt/sdcard/external_sd".

This is done by changing a file called vold.fstab in your phone's /etc folder. The original device vold.fstab file is backed up to /etc/vold.fstab.backup when this app first runs. Your data on /mnt/sdcard and /mnt/sdcard/external_sd is not touched in any way whatsoever. Root is required. Easy install: copy the apk file to your SD card and open with a file manager.

Please nandroid backup before testing!

If you get "Unknown Error, Contact Developer" you are more than likely not properly rooted! This app requires Superuser and Busybox to properly function!

Please note that if you've already moved existing apps to SD or existing apps have placed support files on SD, swapping mount points is not a good idea. Uninstall these apps, then reinstall after swapping.
    Samsung's stock recovery only sees the internal storage, not removable. ClockworkMod sees both. You can get cwm here.

That is from within CWM from that link, maybe my old XP laptop is playing games. Is that implying that I should move files in recovery?

I also find a swapsd01.zip and a swapsd.apk, same, just different application method?
    That is from within CWM from that link, maybe my old XP laptop is playing games. Is that implying that I should move files in recovery?

No. I misunderstood your post. To mount your /sdcard (internal) in cwm mount /sdcard. To mount your removable sd do mount /emmc.
    Copy the file to your SD card. Open it in your file manager.

Thank you
    LoL technical ability overload :what:

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Nevermind :) I just installed RebelROM, this app isn't compatible, sorry. Stock-based only.