[Firmware] Stock and deodexed XXJVR [Download]

Search This thread

[Ramad]

Sep 18, 2010
You can download the 3-files XXJVR firmware and use the CSC file of your choice, please use a GB 2.3.3 or 2.3.4 CSC file with this firmware:
Stock XXJVR
PDA/MODEM/CSC:
XXJVR/XXJVR/SWCJVR/Sbl (CSC: SWC): Download (149.1 MB)

I normally don't deodex or post provider firmwares as you all know, but since many of our members have been asking for the deodexed version so I could not keep refusing.

I have only made an Odin package of the deodexed firmware, that leaves you the freedom to flash using the CSC file of your choice, please try to use only GB 2.3.3 or 2.3.4 CSC files.

As usual, the firmware is deodxed, zipaligned, rooted and have busybox pre-installed.
Deodexed XXJVR
PDA/MODEM/CSC:
XXJVR/XXJVR/SWCJVR (CSC: SWC): Download (153.7 MB) MD5: 6da92aa2e126ba117db1f83a79af12e2

Her is the stock XXJVR Kernel for those that needs it:

The deodexed firmware has Daily Briefing included, if it does not show up then it's because the CSC file that you have chosen do have Daily Briefing included. XXJVQ does not install Daily Briefing application on /data/app but on /system/app, I did not try all CSC files but they used to be installed on /data/app on GB 2.3.3, however, if your device does not show Daily Briefing then use one of the following steps to install it:

Using CWM:

If you have flashed your device with a Kernel that has CWM build in the Kernel then just install this CWM file:
XXJVR_Daily Briefing_CWM: Download (7.3 MB) MD5: cdd8be6ba275643b0c68785016d037b3

Using Root Explorer:

*Download and extract XXJVR_Daily Briefing_Apk.zip at the end of this post and copy the extracted InfoAlarm.apk to the Internal SD-card of your device.

*Look for InfoAlarm.apk and InfoAlarm.odex in /system/app and delete these 2 files, if they are not there then you can find and delete them at /data/app.

*Copy InfoAlarm.apk from the Internal SD-card to /system/app, reboot if Daily Briefing does not show after completing the process.

Using ADB:

*Download and extract XXJVR_Daily Briefing_Apk.zip at the end of this post and copy the extracted InfoAlarm.apk to the Internal SD-card of your device.

* Since you have chosen to use ADB then you know how to use it to gain root...etc. Excute:
su
cd /system/app
ls
Now see if InfoAlarm.apk and InfoAlarm.odex are there, if so execute:
busybox mount -o rw,remount /system
rm InfoAlarm.apk
rm InfoAlarm.odex
cp /sdcard/InfoAlarm.apk /system/app
busybox mount -o ro,remount /system
And you are done.

If the files are not on /system/app then execute:
See if the files are there, if so execute:
rm InfoAlarm.apk
rm InfoAlarm.odex
And you are done.

XXJVR_Daily Briefing_Apk: Download (7.2 MB) MD5: 8a54206f00a8746f0f51466070c8a694

I wish you all good luck flashing your devices :)

Last edited:

ssdd48

Nov 12, 2010
Thanks Ramad been waiting for this and will flash tomorrow using CSC_OXAJVQ.tar.md5 from your JVQ release :D

sathkartha

Aug 25, 2010
madras
@Ramad---thank you for another piece of great service to the community.
Would you happen to know if the notorious 'phone fc' and 'browser lag' issues have been fixed in this 'official' release?
Best wishes.

mammenj

Sep 12, 2010
@Ramad
In your stock release, is the PDA and PHONE tar same as samfirmware release?

[Ramad]

Sep 18, 2010
The firmware is not based on samfirmware links. I have downloaded it directly from Samsung servers.
Both stock and deodexed linked firmwares are 3-files firmwares, as I already wrote at the first post.

I have been using the deodexed version since yesterday morning, made some calls and used the browser too, I did not see any trouble with the firmware yet. The browser is smooth, and to me, everything works as it should.

My advice is to try the firmware for a day or two and see if you get problems, (which I'm almost sure that you wont) before applying your favorite Kernel or modified apk files or themes, if you do it this way then you will know what causes your trouble, if you get any.

Last edited:

pidz

Oct 20, 2010
You are a gentleman and a scholar sir!!!!

Thank you for yet another cracking release :-D

wultan

Oct 18, 2010
Hi Ramad. Thanks for uploading these. The hotfile service from samfirmware is somehow stopping me from downloading. Thanks for sharing.

One question though, can i confirm that i could use the DXJV9 csc that you uploaded with JVR? I understood that JV9 needed some special way of flashing, so just wanna confirm.

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can download the 3-files XXJVR firmware and use the CSC file of your choice, please use a GB 2.3.3 or 2.3.4 CSC file with this firmware:
    Stock XXJVR
    PDA/MODEM/CSC:
    XXJVR/XXJVR/SWCJVR/Sbl (CSC: SWC): Download (149.1 MB)

I normally don't deodex or post provider firmwares as you all know, but since many of our members have been asking for the deodexed version so I could not keep refusing.

I have only made an Odin package of the deodexed firmware, that leaves you the freedom to flash using the CSC file of your choice, please try to use only GB 2.3.3 or 2.3.4 CSC files.

As usual, the firmware is deodxed, zipaligned, rooted and have busybox pre-installed.
    Deodexed XXJVR
    PDA/MODEM/CSC:
    XXJVR/XXJVR/SWCJVR (CSC: SWC): Download (153.7 MB) MD5: 6da92aa2e126ba117db1f83a79af12e2

Her is the stock XXJVR Kernel for those that needs it:

The deodexed firmware has Daily Briefing included, if it does not show up then it's because the CSC file that you have chosen do have Daily Briefing included. XXJVQ does not install Daily Briefing application on /data/app but on /system/app, I did not try all CSC files but they used to be installed on /data/app on GB 2.3.3, however, if your device does not show Daily Briefing then use one of the following steps to install it:

Using CWM:

If you have flashed your device with a Kernel that has CWM build in the Kernel then just install this CWM file:
    XXJVR_Daily Briefing_CWM: Download (7.3 MB) MD5: cdd8be6ba275643b0c68785016d037b3

Using Root Explorer:

*Look for InfoAlarm.apk and InfoAlarm.odex in /system/app and delete these 2 files, if they are not there then you can find and delete them at /data/app.

*Copy InfoAlarm.apk from the Internal SD-card to /system/app, reboot if Daily Briefing does not show after completing the process.

Using ADB:

* Since you have chosen to use ADB then you know how to use it to gain root...etc. Excute:
    su
    cd /system/app
    ls
    Now see if InfoAlarm.apk and InfoAlarm.odex are there, if so execute:
    busybox mount -o rw,remount /system
    rm InfoAlarm.apk
    rm InfoAlarm.odex
    cp /sdcard/InfoAlarm.apk /system/app
    busybox mount -o ro,remount /system
    And you are done.

If the files are not on /system/app then execute:
    See if the files are there, if so execute:
    rm InfoAlarm.apk
    rm InfoAlarm.odex
    And you are done.

XXJVR_Daily Briefing_Apk: Download (7.2 MB) MD5: 8a54206f00a8746f0f51466070c8a694

I wish you all good luck flashing your devices :)
    The firmware is not based on samfirmware links. I have downloaded it directly from Samsung servers.
    Both stock and deodexed linked firmwares are 3-files firmwares, as I already wrote at the first post.

I have been using the deodexed version since yesterday morning, made some calls and used the browser too, I did not see any trouble with the firmware yet. The browser is smooth, and to me, everything works as it should.

My advice is to try the firmware for a day or two and see if you get problems, (which I'm almost sure that you wont) before applying your favorite Kernel or modified apk files or themes, if you do it this way then you will know what causes your trouble, if you get any.
    Thanks Ramad been waiting for this and will flash tomorrow using CSC_OXAJVQ.tar.md5 from your JVQ release :D

You are welcome :)
    Thank you for this Ramad
    whats the difference between the Stock and deodexed jvr

Deodexed roms comes with root and busybox installed and some tiny modification.Ramad is responsible of doing it.While stock roms have no modification or root

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App