FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Rom][4.4.4][Team D.I.R.T] Dirty Unicorns v8.1 (17/10/14)

12,406 posts
Thanks Meter: 41,311

By chasmodo, Senior Member on 2nd February 2014, 05:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th September 2014, 07:22 AM |#1001  
Flag Galapagos Islands, ECUADOR
Thanks Meter: 582

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmodo

New build is up at the DU G+ community, lads. This one should boost your graphic rendering a bit, so I'm interested in hearing your impressions.

http://gerrit.dirtyunicorns.com/#/c/5854/

Realy nice.

Something strage with the DPI settings. Mine is 240.. it sticks to the number but it boots in 320. Goes to 240 a while later.

Nova likes it..

Cheers

EDIT1: Way faster.. uneven list scrolling while alpha rendering.. much faster Thanks
EDIT2: Uff, just saw the patch. Thanks my friend
EDIT3: Forget about the uneven thing.. it was just a prception.. In fact, it renders much faster
EDIT4: Runs cooler.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ricardowec For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ricardowec Ad-Free
7th September 2014, 09:21 AM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 683

More
New Minimal GAPPS
Hi all.............

Just a quick note for all you EX-BaNkS GAPPSers out there, jajb has taken up the Minimal GAPPS mantle over at his new thread.
jajb is using BaNkS' source, so this minimal GAPPS should work just as well as BaNKS', if not better.
Interestingly, jajb has also created Minimal+ versions that remove ROM stuff such as exchange.apk, wallpapers, etc.
So if PA GAPPS are not your thang, there is now another alternative, albeit minimal only.

In case you didn't know BaNkS has moved on to pastures new... good luck and best wishes to him.

NOTE: I haven't tested jajb's GAPPS yet so I can't tell you "all is okay", but having read the thread, no one seems to be complaining about anything fundamental and the response is overwhelmingly positive, hence this post to let y'all know there is an alternative if you hadn't spotted it already.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FabreFaction For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FabreFaction Ad-Free
7th September 2014, 11:58 AM |#1003  
OP Senior Member
Flag Novi Sad

More
Du 20140907
Fresh build is available at the DU Google+ community, guys.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to chasmodo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chasmodo Ad-Free
7th September 2014, 02:35 PM |#1004  
Flag Galapagos Islands, ECUADOR
Thanks Meter: 582

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmodo

Fresh build is available at the DU Google+ community, guys.

Flashed 09/07, Culdnt access the store at 240 dpi but after clearing store data, rebooting.. blah blah, eveyithing went to normal.

Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to ricardowec For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ricardowec Ad-Free
8th September 2014, 03:48 PM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Screen boost?
It's not clear to me... does this mean a boost in DPI?
These were my values before flash (testbuild 20140903, see attachment)... same exact values after dirtyflashed to 20140907 (wiped cache/dalvik)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-08-11-22-57.png
Views:	349
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	2929273  
The Following User Says Thank You to osd_daedalus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift osd_daedalus Ad-Free
8th September 2014, 06:56 PM |#1006  
Flag Shenzhen
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osd_daedalus

These were my values before flash (testbuild 20140903, see attachment)... same exact values after dirtyflashed to 20140907 (wiped cache/dalvik)

What themes are you using?
It's beautiful. :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
8th September 2014, 07:02 PM |#1007  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pengpengback

What themes are you using?
It's beautiful. :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thank you
Theme pack is Cobalt Blue: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.cobalt&hl=it
Font is called Bellota: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....bellota&hl=it

edit: remember NOT to apply lockscreen wallpaper! (btw is still valid the SystemUI FC loop when lockscreen wallpaper changes? Or is that fixed?)
8th September 2014, 07:15 PM |#1008  
OP Senior Member
Flag Novi Sad

More
Du 20140908
Fresh test build is up at the DU G+, guys.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chasmodo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chasmodo Ad-Free
8th September 2014, 08:14 PM |#1009  
Thanks Meter: 683

More
Screen DPI, LCD Density and Density Independence
Quote:
Originally Posted by osd_daedalus

The stuff in your screenshot relates to the physical properties of the device display.
These aren't things that can be changed.

You can change the LCD density, which in simple terms controls how large or small stuff is on your screen.
Explaining LCD density and how it relates to DPI etc. and how and what it affects can get really complicated really quickly, so I'll take the easy option and give you a few examples for the N7000.

The default LCD density for our device is 320 DPI, this is what Samsung thinks is the best density to display things clearly for most people.
The icons and text are pretty big.
The homescreen has 4 columns and 4 or 5 rows (depending upon your launcher).

I prefer 240 DPI which makes everything smaller on the screen, which means I can squeeze more on the screen.
My homescreen has 6 columns and 7 rows, so I need fewer homescreens.
Also, my homescreen widgets can display more information, e.g. I see more entries in my calendar widget as the text is smaller.
My eyes are relatively okay, so the smaller text and icons present no real problems for me, and thanks to the Density Independence of Android, my apps are also scaled for the new LCD density.
This basically means I see more of my apps (like having a bigger window on the app) and things like the status bar are not as tall as on 320 DPI.

You can change LCD density in Dirty Tweaks or use something like Rom Toolbox Pro (available from the Pray Store and other App Stores).

If you want a more detailed explanation of LCD density that's relatively simple to understand, head here.

DISCLAIMER: Other LCD densities are available!!!!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FabreFaction For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FabreFaction Ad-Free
9th September 2014, 04:15 PM |#1010  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Will try it now...thanks
9th September 2014, 04:22 PM |#1011  
OP Senior Member
Flag Novi Sad

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsun

Hi Team,
The build is only 56.03 MB in size. Do we do a dirty flash from within recovery? Please let me know, thanks

What build? If it says 20140909, it's today's build which is still uploading ATM. Do not flash it until I say so.
The Following User Says Thank You to chasmodo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chasmodo Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)