FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Rom][4.4.4][Team D.I.R.T] Dirty Unicorns v8.1 (17/10/14)

12,406 posts
Thanks Meter: 41,311
 
By chasmodo, Senior Member on 2nd February 2014, 05:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th May 2014, 07:16 PM |#501  
follwersion's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Facing hot reboots and freezes...
4th May 2014, 10:07 PM |#502  
Senior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 312
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by follwersion

Facing hot reboots and freezes...

No such problem here. Clean install of Apr 25 followed by May 2 update.
Not as battery friendly as Asylum omni but so much more customizable.

Thanks again Chas and the whole omni/DU teams to help make our Notes live longer. I may switch to the z2 however as I'm feed up with Samsung.
5th May 2014, 06:38 AM |#503  
chasmodo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Novi Sad
Thanks Meter: 41,311
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudisk

I may switch to the z2 however as I'm feed up with Samsung.

Z2 is a fine device, but I'd rather be a sex slave to a dozen horny monks than fork out 700 Euros for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to chasmodo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chasmodo Ad-Free
5th May 2014, 07:00 AM |#504  
herna's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 6,705
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmodo

Z2 is a fine device, but I'd rather be a sex slave to a dozen horny monks than fork out 700 Euros for it.

Well, I would recommend to get the Oppo Find 7a before Sony. Also to show support to a new brand that is making great devices and that supports developers and custom ROMs. Omni and ParanoidAndroid are running already on this device.
5th May 2014, 08:58 AM |#505  
chasmodo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Novi Sad
Thanks Meter: 41,311
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by herna

Well, I would recommend to get the Oppo Find 7a before Sony. Also to show support to a new brand that is making great devices and that supports developers and custom ROMs. Omni and ParanoidAndroid are running already on this device.

I'm waiting to see the price of Find 7 and G3, then I'll decide which way to go.
5th May 2014, 09:02 AM |#506  
daoodshah's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Is there anyone else who is facing heating issues in this rom???

Sent from my Micromax A58 using xda app-developers app
5th May 2014, 10:57 AM |#507  
Senior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 312
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmodo

Z2 is a fine device, but I'd rather be a sex slave to a dozen horny monks than fork out 700 Euros for it.

I won't switch for 700 Euros, but I'm sure there will be better deals soon enough. I'll be waiting for a stronger XDA community anyway.
5th May 2014, 11:50 AM |#508  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 214
 
More
Thumbs up
Hi @chasmodo,

Is there any more development or bug-hunting with the Lockscreen background going on...?? Last night, I DirtyFlashed the latest DU rom... And thought, I'd give it a shot and see if the Lockscreen background is working yet? As luck would have it, it appeared to be working fine... No problems at all, switched backgrounds round many a time...

However I was having issues else where in the rom, and couldnt get the Lock Handle Icon to show or work, no matter what... I did some low level tweaking... (deleting databases.db, and renaming files in Settings) to make it appear as though freshly installed. And although no major known side effects, thought this can't be good or stable... So I will wipe clean, and re-flash... Having done so, and went back to my LockScreen Wallpapers.... I am now stuck in SystemUI reBoobs loop...

Anyway idea's to get out of the ReBoob's, or is a fresh wipe the only way...?? And any idea's if this will be looked into...??

Many thanks for all your hard work, AS ALWAYS... on such a superb rom...

Cheers, Lister


Herna, is alive and well again.... / Long time no see buddy.... Hope you are well !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by herna

Well, I would recommend to get the Oppo Find 7a before Sony. Also to show support to a new brand that is making great devices and that supports developers and custom ROMs. Omni and ParanoidAndroid are running already on this device.

5th May 2014, 02:17 PM |#509  
mjrifath's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 952
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lister Of Smeg

Hi @chasmodo,

Is there any more development or bug-hunting with the Lockscreen background going on...?? Last night, I DirtyFlashed the latest DU rom... And thought, I'd give it a shot and see if the Lockscreen background is working yet? As luck would have it, it appeared to be working fine... No problems at all, switched backgrounds round many a time...

However I was having issues else where in the rom, and couldnt get the Lock Handle Icon to show or work, no matter what... I did some low level tweaking... (deleting databases.db, and renaming files in Settings) to make it appear as though freshly installed. And although no major known side effects, thought this can't be good or stable... So I will wipe clean, and re-flash... Having done so, and went back to my LockScreen Wallpapers.... I am now stuck in SystemUI reBoobs loop...

Anyway idea's to get out of the ReBoob's, or is a fresh wipe the only way...?? And any idea's if this will be looked into...??

Many thanks for all your hard work, AS ALWAYS... on such a superb rom...

Cheers, Lister


Herna, is alive and well again.... / Long time no see buddy.... Hope you are well !!!

Hi Mate,
If you have installed Xposed.. reboob into recovery and flash "Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip" reboob your device.
Go to setting make sure to use same wallpaper for home n lockscreen.
And now install enable xposed.

Hope this work
Cheers

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
6th May 2014, 04:55 PM |#510  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
i'm also facing heating n freezing probs, sometimes i cant pick any call coz phone only rings and work fine but no option for answering call.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tusshar0143 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tusshar0143 Ad-Free
6th May 2014, 08:13 PM |#511  
ricardowec's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Galapagos Islands, ECUADOR
Thanks Meter: 582
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusshar0143

i'm also facing heating n freezing probs, sometimes i cant pick any call coz phone only rings and work fine but no option for answering call.

I like this rom, it's nice feature wise, but too much for the N7000.

It made its way into my three devices, but the problems are system wide and not much so, device specific.

Unfortunately, not all devices have the same dedicated support and loving care that @chasmodo gives to his large community of followers. My Grouper is still on v6 and will be stuck there forever.

So, I am moving forward. Regarding my Note, I am already back where I belong, Asylum Omni. It is much simpler, it has most of the features I like. I haven't faced a single freeze or reboot so far and is much more battery friendly.

Cheers

Sent from my Android device
The Following User Says Thank You to ricardowec For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ricardowec Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes