Failed root with OTA update _0039_0089_US(SECOND UPDATE: All fixed!)

Search This thread

j.d.r

Feb 21, 2012
Los Angeles
So I got a Thinkpad tablet and it already had the update mentioned above. I have everything set up on my computer and I try to root it using djrbliss way to do so but I get an error. Any one have any way to overcome this?? ive been looking but its all confusing since this is my first tablet. Sorry if I seem to be repeating any problems that have been solved but any help would be appreciated.

THanks

Last edited:

j.d.r

Feb 21, 2012
Los Angeles
I got half way through it and I tried to input the SU command but it said access denied. I went to turn it off and do it over again and now it wont turn on. Any ideas?

Exe557

Jul 25, 2008
I got half way through it and I tried to input the SU command but it said access denied. I went to turn it off and do it over again and now it wont turn on. Any ideas?

After you do "DISABLE BATTERY DISCHARGE" it can happen that the screen will turn off and it will not come back after you press power button. Then you have to press power button for more then 4 seconds to force shutdown. After it should be possible to power up again.

j.d.r

Feb 21, 2012
Los Angeles
I have tried to hold power button and hold it again but nothing...Its not like a phone where i can just do a battery pull :( I hope its not bricked please HELP!!

Ive tried different ways to shut it off and power back but nothing...

Exe557

Jul 25, 2008
Have you tried hard power off? You will need a paperclip and push the button between the sd and simcard slot.

slpin

Jan 26, 2007
did you do it with the tablet charged?
plug it in and wait half hour then hold power button and try again

j.d.r

Feb 21, 2012
Los Angeles
Yeah I waited a few hours. I successfully rooted it the second time but I turned it off because that was trhe last step and it didnt come up anymore no matter what I tried. I just called lenovo and they sent me a box so I am shipping it out today.

j.d.r

Feb 21, 2012
Los Angeles
I left it charging for like half a day and still nothing, Ive sent it in to Lenovo repair. Hopefully when I get it back again It'll be good :)

Now all I got to do is play the waiting game :rolleyes: can't wait...

j.d.r

Feb 21, 2012
Los Angeles
Make sure you have an sd card and the image in the root directory of the sd card and go through the steps again. It worked for me..