Installing Stock Rom doesn't work

Search This thread

PCServe

Nov 22, 2008
Chelmsford
www.pcserve-media.com
Hi there,

as I recently bought the HTC One X, I wanted to reinstall a Stock Rom to my old Desire. Unfortunately it won't work for some reason, as I always get an Error [110].

I have tried the following releases from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=695667 :

RUU_Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.15.405.4_Radio_32.30.00.28U_4. 05.00.11_release_122704.exe
RUU_Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.21.405.2_Radio_32.36.00.28U_4. 06.00.02_2_release_126984_signed.exe

(the phone used to be branded by o2 Germany, but I wanted to install a branding-free rom).

When I try to start the boot loader of the Desire now, I just get the HT screen with warning signs in all 4 corners. Please find attached a photo of the screen + a screenshot from the error message (for some reason it's in German, but you'll get the idea).
As I cannot access the actual hboot (CM7rev2 hboot was installed) I can't even install a "normal" rom.

As I don't necessarily need the phone right now it's not that urgent, but I hope you can help me anyway.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

heraSK

Mar 11, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
did you change hboot back to stock? I haven't done it first time and got the same problem. there is a solution but can't remember where.. try googling..

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

itachi1706

Oct 1, 2010
Singapore
itachi1706.com
your phone is in fastboot mode at the HTC logo with 4 "!". Download hboot downgrader from alpharev and flash it before rerunning RUU.

Sent from my HTC Original Desire with Android 4.0.4 ICS using Tapatalk

dainius87

Oct 31, 2010
but if you dont have S-Off, cant access to anything instead of fastboot.. from which i can only flash stock ruu's but no one of ruu's are installing successfuly.
so i cant flash hboot, recovery or anything else... that means that the only solution is to reach nearest JTag service...

heraSK

Mar 11, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
hm... but if he forgot to downgrade then I assume that he was s-off. so it's doable. I was there... scared the p*ss out of me... ;-)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

PCServe

Nov 22, 2008
Chelmsford
www.pcserve-media.com
It won't work with revolutionary / alpharev, it's always stuck at "Waiting for device".
I really don't know what to do now. Any other ideas?

EDIT: I also tried unrevoked just to see if it recognizes my phone, but its the same there: "Waiting for device".

Last edited:

Part-T

Sep 7, 2009
Its late and I'm tired so sorry if you've already tried this...
Install HTC software on your pc and android sdk (to get the drivers and fastboot)
Plug in your phone when its on the 4 !'s screen
fastboot flash alpharevs bravo_downgrade.img
unplug the phone, pull the battery, put it back in, turn it back on then plug it back in (or just reboot the boot loader with fastboot)
then try running this RUU http://www.filefactory.com/file/b4a4027/n/RUU_Bravo_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.29.405.5_Radio_32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27_release_159811_signed.exe

If that doesnt work see what version it says you're when the ruu says what version you're on and what you're updating to and download the ruu with the same number as the one you already have and see if that helps.

Last edited: