[FIX]N4 conversion flash-able fix.[SD/GPS]04/03/13

Search This thread

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
how do you update the fix.zip to correspond with other roms. I don't want to be limited to the little bit of roms converted with the fix.

I can go from the instructions or get pointed in the direction.

With that being said I could post my findings and new fixes if I correct them.

Would like to contribute.

XsceneXhippieX

Oct 17, 2010
how do you update the fix.zip to correspond with other roms. I don't want to be limited to the little bit of roms converted with the fix.

I can go from the instructions or get pointed in the direction.

With that being said I could post my findings and new fixes if I correct them.

Would like to contribute.

Copy the file the others are looking for into the framework-res.apk of the rom of your choice using the steps listed in the OP and use your modified framework in place of the one in the fix .zip

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

XsceneXhippieX

Oct 17, 2010
News flash, the file causing the issue is easily accessible via the right click and save as function as stated in the OP, but even after following all the steps listed I Can't seem to get the fix to successfully flash using the paranoid android framework-res.apk from the alpha released on may 27th

Abu Nazir

Apr 3, 2013
but even after following all the steps listed I Can't seem to get the fix to successfully flash using the paranoid android framework-res.apk from the alpha released on may 27th

Really sucks to hear that. Only thing that has kept me from doing conversion is this. Hoping to hold out and see if PA w/ halo gets ported to OG.

Edit- ok wait. I'm confused now. After going back and reading the OP a hundred times, the way I'm understanding is the OP provided his fix which was the file to download in his dead link. Copying info in that fix into the framework.res.apk of the ROM u want to run and fix. Correct?? If all yur doing is copying the framework.res.apk from the ROM u want to run then flashing it over it again then how is that helping? We either need that file or we need to know how to manually edit functions like the volume buttons,gps, etc. Right?? Or have I completely mind phunked myself?? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

XsceneXhippieX

Oct 17, 2010
Really sucks to hear that. Only thing that has kept me from doing conversion is this. Hoping to hold out and see if PA w/ halo gets ported to OG.

Edit- ok wait. I'm confused now. After going back and reading the OP a hundred times, the way I'm understanding is the OP provided his fix which was the file to download in his dead link. Copying info in that fix into the framework.res.apk of the ROM u want to run and fix. Correct?? If all yur doing is copying the framework.res.apk from the ROM u want to run then flashing it over it again then how is that helping? We either need that file or we need to know how to manually edit functions like the volume buttons,gps, etc. Right?? Or have I completely mind phunked myself?? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

I actually got it booting and am using it now, but what I did was extract the framework from the halo compatible may 27th alpha PA rom, and use 7zip to paste in the file from the link in the OP, only thing I Can't use is my external sd card, which is lame but halo is awesome so I'll cope, also I don't use cap keys so there's that, I feel as if pie controls has made them obsolete at least for me and how I use my phone

Edit : lte works great, and volume keys are flipped

Last edited:

acerulz

Jul 3, 2011
Bangalore
Can anyone help in installing v3 coz it doesn't install , download looks fine , which recovery needed to install the nexus's or og's ...it always gives unable to install ... Want the SD card fix real bad m on stock , deodexed , rooted 4.2.2 ...so any ideas and if not mistaken then v3 is for stock 4.2.2 Roms itself so dunno exactly where the problem is !!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Reactions: bigfdaddy

ceyo14

Jan 16, 2011
Can this be updated for 4.4?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

dandrumheller

Jul 10, 2010
Southern Maine / Seacoast NH
Can this be updated for 4.4?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

I don't think any of the devs are supporting n4 conversion stuff anymore, as it's not necessary. N4 ROMs can now be ported on a fairly straight forward manner, if I understand correctly, if you know what you're doing.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk

Cr@zek!

Apr 30, 2013
Mumbai
Tried all d fixes

Sd card not working even nw
4.2.2 is nt flashing is giving error n not flashing

Tried making my own it flashes bt no change
Instead the internal storage also goes off
Cant assess internal storage

I knw even e970 gt roms same as n4 but it does not support kernels of n4
I mainly want n4 port for the kernels

Last edited:

Crossvxm

May 26, 2013
New York
help?

I was researching on how to fix NFC issues on ROMs and found nothing. So a friend of mine mentioned he had a fix and suggested this thing. He flashed this file on my phone and now my WiFi won't work, etc. Here's the catch, my phone is a SPRINT, LS970, I'm reading this is for AT&T models...

My ESN, etc all comes back as zeros. Restoring EFS doesn't work. I can't update the PRL or anything because my phone now comes up as if its not from the US. Will LGNPST fix this?

Any help or info is greatly appreciated.

SnowLeopardJB

May 8, 2011
I was researching on how to fix NFC issues on ROMs and found nothing. So a friend of mine mentioned he had a fix and suggested this thing. He flashed this file on my phone and now my WiFi won't work, etc. Here's the catch, my phone is a SPRINT, LS970, I'm reading this is for AT&T models...

My ESN, etc all comes back as zeros. Restoring EFS doesn't work. I can't update the PRL or anything because my phone now comes up as if its not from the US. Will LGNPST fix this?

Any help or info is greatly appreciated.

You are most likely still running the Nexus 4 radio included in this package. Try flashing the sprint radio, here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2176186. Restore EFS backups then if needed. If that doesn't work, try LGNPSTing back to stock and restoring efs backups.

EDIT: Oh, and don't flash things not made for your phone in the future. Not a great idea.

Reactions: Crossvxm

Crossvxm

May 26, 2013
New York
You are most likely still running the Nexus 4 radio included in this package. Try flashing the sprint radio, here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2176186. Restore EFS backups then if needed. If that doesn't work, try LGNPSTing back to stock and restoring efs backups.

EDIT: Oh, and don't flash things not made for your phone in the future. Not a great idea.

I flashed the file you mentioned. First time didn't work. I turned off the phone, flashed again and on the second boot, it worked! :)
And trust me had I realized it was from the AT&T model first, I would have never flashed it. My friend is like my Android mentor,
he knows way more than me and never failed in fixes except this time. The phone still remains on a completely zero filled Phone Identity menu but that's the least of my concerns. The WiFi was my headache.

Thanks a lot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I decided to start a new thread to keep the CM thread a bit more cleaner and also to allow those who did the N4 conversion to be able to apply the the fixes found on the CM thread. The V1 zip file is universal, so you can flash on top of any ROM made for the N4(AOSP, CM, AOKP, etc). V2 will only work on stock 4.2.1 roms(stock framework-res.apk)

What fixes included?
    • LTE & GPS(JB AT&T modem)(4.2.2)
    • Volume keys
    • APNs(AT&T)
    • SD card fix (stock 4.2.1 & 4.2.2 based roms only for now)
    • NFC(Might or might not work)

WARNING
    This program/created n4fixanyrom.zip comes with NO WARRANTY (express or implied), and NO GUARANTEE OF FITNESS for any particular task. I have made every effort I can to make this a safe process for users however the author disclaims any liability for damage to your phone or other materials or devices used during this process. The entire risk of flashing the created n4fixanyrom.zip lies with you, the user. By downloading and/or flashing the n4fixanyrom.zip, you acknowledge and accept that the author is not liable for any loss, material or otherwise howsoever caused.

Download:
    Version 1[Universal]
    Link
    Version 2 SD\NFC Fix[Capacitive keys fix coming soon]Thanks to dvhexer.
    Flash only on N4 stock base ROMs. Do not flash over CM, AOKP or any roms with modified framework. You have been warned.
    Link
    Version 2 PA Fix[Paranoid Android Fix 4.2.1]:
    PA Fix
    Version 3(Includes GPS Fix) [4.2.2 Stock based roms only]
    4.2.2 Fix
    New PA fix by BoostedSR20, please thank him:

Instructions:
    1- Boot into recovery
    2-Factory reset(Or just flash right after flashing any rom since you did a wipe anyway)[If you dont do a factory reset the LTE settings will not stick]
    3-flash .zip and fix permissions
    4-Reboot system
    5-Reboot back into recovery and fix permissions

Credits:
    SnowLeopardJB for the original zip.
    dvhexer ext SD and NFC.
    sk8erwitskil .
    The CM team for the APNs.
    Houstonn for N4 modems used in previous/future testing.

If you need a fix for a rom that is not supported you can make your own fix in less than 1 minute! Just follow this instructions:
    1. Download and install 7z
    2. Grab the framework-res.apk from the rom you want to run and right click it and go to the 7z menu and select open archive.
    3. A new window will open, browse to res/xml/ and copy this file(right click and save as) in there.
    4. It will ask to to overwrite, click yes.
    5. Replace the framework-res.apk in my zip file with the one you just edited.
    6. Flash it.
    Can I DL your fix? I live in an LTE area and can test it..

Also what if I like the onscreen keys? Can I keep them? Lol

Sent from my Neximus G

I'm using the soft buttons. I'm already used to it.

Here's my modified fix: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/50315473/n4fixanyrom4.2.2fixedforPA3.zip
    First, thank you for everything your doing. I ran Vanilla Rootbox on other phones and I am wanting to try it out on ours. Is there a way to get the fix for this, or maybe even posting a little guide on how to make the changes we need to ourselves....... just an idea!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2126231

link to the thread in the N4 section!

Thanks again!

No problem, here is how you can make your own its easy.

You need 7z installed on your pc.
    Grab the framework-res.apk from the rom you want to run and right click it and go to the 7z menu and select open archive.
    A new window will open, browse to res/xml/ and copy this file(right click and save as) in there, it will ask to overwrite just click yes and thats it. replace the framework-res.apk in my zip file with the one you just edited. thats all!
    I can't get past boot screen on PA3 using the v3 fix

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda app-developers app

If you upload PA3 framework-res.apk and link it I can make a fix for that rom, it seems like a lot of people would like a fix for that.
    OP updated with latest fix for 4.2.2 based roms only for now and no capacitative keys... If some one wants to upload a framework-res.apk for a specific rom you can leave a link here and I will try to get a fix for it when I get a chance.

For the next month or so I will be doing a lot of traveling so I will have a lot less time to work on the fixes.. hopefully dvhexer will have a overlay framework soon so the fix can be completed..