[ROM][ALPHA][Unofficial_CM-12.1][quincyatt][WIP]

Search This thread

gimmeitorilltell

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 6, 2012
I wanted to share this with you all and basically give @patch_Adams a shout out if he's still around. I am still working on the BeanStalk rom also.
@NoSpamDan also needs a shout out for working with me on the skyrocket build. We joined forces and got SlimLP booting before any other builds.
Enuff said, I'm sure you're tired of reading this and want the good stuff?

Code:
I am NOT responsible for sdcard failure, geothermal meltdowns, and bricked devices. This has been tested by me and I would not share if I thought it would harm your device. Please do NOT expect a Daily Driver just yet.

Unofficial_cm-12.0_quincyatt

Try some gapps along with the rom if you'd like. Gapps_here

Code:
INSTALLATION
*MUST perform a FULL WIPE!
*Did you wipe everything EXCEPT the sdcards?
*Flash the ROM
*Let it boot into the OS at least once.
*Flash gapps and enjoy
*Select 780P for video recording.

What works?
*Audio
*Data
*MMS thanks to my Buddy @NoSpamDan
*WiFi
*Camera
*Video recording @780P
*Still testing other features
*Video playback
*HW overlays

What's not working?
*1080P video recording
*RIL? you tell me as I do not have an active sim card.

I feel like I'll be forever grateful for @disconnecktie as he put up with me & my NOOB questions for well over a year now! He is an AWESOME teacher, and friend! @santod040 for his inspiration & perfection in rom building!
Source: CyanogenMod

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][ALPHA][Unofficial_CM-12.0][quincyatt][WIP], ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717

Contributors
gimmeitorilltell, NoSpamDan
Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod,

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-02-07
Last Updated 2015-06-25

Last edited:

ghenton

Feb 12, 2011
Grindrod
Install went good, but like others I got no baseband. (it is all about "da base" band) I could not set cpu speeds in performance either.

dparrothead1

Mar 13, 2011
Florida
Sweet build. Restored 34 User Apps with Data....no problems. Have Baseband now, but I don't have a sim card so I can't test data or phone calls.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1423934346159.jpg
    1423934346159.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 476
Reactions: gimmeitorilltell

TeamAndroid14

Sep 16, 2014
Toronto
Fresh build in the OP guys/gals check it out! Themes, power menu, Baseband, & so much more working now! I need to know if the RIL is good or not so let me know? Enjoy!

I dont think Camera is working, tried reflashing it and downloading 3rd party camera apps, it still doesnt work.
everything seems to work perfect :) hopefully we see more great features on CM12 along the way :D
Thank you soo much sir :)

Last edited:

mauser270

Oct 20, 2012
everything seems to be working but mobile data and camera, even the 5 GHz band which i don't know if it was just me but did not seem to work on any other non stock based roms i came across. another thing i noticed is that the play store does not seem to install when i try to flash gapps i've tried the version linked in the description and the version linked on the CyanogenMod web site through two different recoverys

Last edited:

TeamAndroid14

Sep 16, 2014
Toronto
everything seems to be working but mobile data and camera, even the 5 GHz band which i don't know if it was just me but did not seem to work on any other non stock based roms i came across. another thing i noticed is that the play store does not seem to install when i try to flash gapps i've tried the version linked in the description and the version linked on the CyanogenMod web site through two different recoverys

http://xdaforums.com/android/softwa...al-edition-t2943330/post56820635#post56820635

And download the specific Gapps which is >> GApps Minimal Edition 2015-02-12 GPS 434 [240 DPI, armeabi-v7a CPU] (29 MB)

gimmeitorilltell

Aug 6, 2012
Alright I've posted a new link and the camera should be fixed. Also replaced the gapps link to point to the one posted above for the playstore to work. I would say it might be ok to, cough cough, whisper, dirty flash this. Let this be the only time though. I didn't say that did Ii? lol

TeamAndroid14

Sep 16, 2014
Toronto
Alright I've posted a new link and the camera should be fixed. Also replaced the gapps link to point to the one posted above for the playstore to work. I would say it might be ok to, cough cough, whisper, dirty flash this. Let this be the only time though. I didn't say that did Ii? lol

You're a CHAMP
Downloading now :D

TBH, im not sure if im the only one that has this issue with all 4.4.4 roms but with all 4.4.4 roms I had wake issues where every time I press the power button, it had a delay issue, I literally had to keep pressing the power button for it to wake up. The 5.0 build seems to fix the issue.
Just wanted to put it out there lol.

Thank you again sir. :)

Last edited:

gimmeitorilltell

Aug 6, 2012
You're a CHAMP
Downloading now :D

TBH, im not sure if im the only one that has this issue with all 4.4.4 roms but with all 4.4.4 roms I had wake issues where every time I press the power button, it had a delay issue, I literally had to keep pressing the power button for it to wake up. The 5.0 build seems to fix the issue.
Just wanted to put it out there lol.

Thank you again sir. :)

Well kitkat roms definitely had wake issues with this device for sure so you're one in a million.. Lol It has been fixed in 5.0 for now and the biggest thing we fought was sleeping issues. The device always wanted to reboot every time you turned off the screen or when it timed out. I'm hoping those days stay behind us from now moving forward. So how's the camera now & did you dirty flash it? I'm gonna try the gapps you pointed out since I still don't have the playstore.

dparrothead1

Mar 13, 2011
Florida
I had the Playstore in the last build using Banks minimal. I was able to d/l TiBu and restore my apps.

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TeamAndroid14

Sep 16, 2014
Toronto
Well kitkat roms definitely had wake issues with this device for sure so you're one in a million.. Lol It has been fixed in 5.0 for now and the biggest thing we fought was sleeping issues. The device always wanted to reboot every time you turned off the screen or when it timed out. I'm hoping those days stay behind us from now moving forward. So how's the camera now & did you dirty flash it? I'm gonna try the gapps you pointed out since I still don't have the playstore.

Yeah hope it doesnt do that again, it was a pain lol. Camera works fine :D, im having screen flickering issues. -_- . I hope theres a something on Xposed framework that can fix this issue. Dont wanna keep going to developers option and enabling hw overlays. Yeah its weird, you have to flash a "certain" gapps, a xda member pointed out this issue on the slimLP forum. im seeing a lot people with other devices are having issues with the gapps also. You should download the gapps and upload it to your AFH.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nana Ayeh

Nana Ayeh

Feb 7, 2015
Kumasi
mobile data not working

Great work. It has not been easy for you to come this far. Thanks a million times! Everything works fine except mobile data. Please try and fix this and it will be my daily driver.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted to share this with you all and basically give @patch_Adams a shout out if he's still around. I am still working on the BeanStalk rom also.
    @NoSpamDan also needs a shout out for working with me on the skyrocket build. We joined forces and got SlimLP booting before any other builds.
    Enuff said, I'm sure you're tired of reading this and want the good stuff?

Code:
    I am NOT responsible for sdcard failure, geothermal meltdowns, and bricked devices. This has been tested by me and I would not share if I thought it would harm your device. Please do NOT expect a Daily Driver just yet.

Unofficial_cm-12.0_quincyatt

Try some gapps along with the rom if you'd like. Gapps_here

Code:
    INSTALLATION
    *MUST perform a FULL WIPE!
    *Did you wipe everything EXCEPT the sdcards?
    *Flash the ROM
    *Let it boot into the OS at least once.
    *Flash gapps and enjoy
    *Select 780P for video recording.

What works?
    *Audio
    *Data
    *MMS thanks to my Buddy @NoSpamDan
    *WiFi
    *Camera
    *Video recording @780P
    *Still testing other features
    *Video playback
    *HW overlays

What's not working?
    *1080P video recording
    *RIL? you tell me as I do not have an active sim card.

I feel like I'll be forever grateful for @disconnecktie as he put up with me & my NOOB questions for well over a year now! He is an AWESOME teacher, and friend! @santod040 for his inspiration & perfection in rom building!
    Source: CyanogenMod

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][ALPHA][Unofficial_CM-12.0][quincyatt][WIP], ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717

Contributors
    gimmeitorilltell, NoSpamDan
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod,

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-02-07
    Last Updated 2015-06-25
    NEW BUILD

Fresh build in the OP guys/gals check it out! Themes, power menu, Baseband, & so much more working now! I need to know if the RIL is good or not so let me know? Enjoy!
    Fresh Build

Currently updated with cm-12.1 sources and this build just out the oven! Enjoy! cm-12.1-20150423-UNOFFICIAL-quincyatt.zip
    Fresh build in the OP! Fixed some media errors & audio issues.
    correct me if I'm wrong but I thought there was a big spiel on XDA about how which toolchain you used to compile your source doesn't really affect the performance?

This is probably tit for tat and not a subject to get sidetracked with but there probably is not a huge difference in performance with most of the toolchains. Now I'm sure that someone will want to step up & beg to differ but this is not the place, This is my personal opinion! We have it booting with the 4.8 toolchains and there isn't really much difference but I'll upload those builds when I'm ready. Right now our biggest thing is to get the rom stable & ready to be compiled with the 4.8 toolchain.

EDIT: Here is a new build but I only added soft reboot! Grab it if you want but that is the only change! SOFT_REBOOT_ADDED