(July 26th 09) NeoTitanium Rev1.1 (Now w/Buttons)/Titanium Registry/CPR WalkThrough

Search This thread

drkfngthdragnlrd

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2008
Palmdale, CA
www.facebook.com
I realize that this is a good concept of fusion between two versions of CHome, but how do you get it OFF your phone? I tried to just uninstall the CAB from 'Remove Programs', but it is still on my phone. Please don't tell me I have to do a hard reset..if I do, then there should be some warning at the beginning of this thread!

Soft Reset after uninstalling or disable and re-enable Titanium. Also, you could just change the cprfilename part of the extensibilityxml back to Titanium from Neo. I created new cprs so you can switch back and forth without uninstalling.

futbolkeeper

I realize that this is a good concept of fusion between two versions of CHome, but how do you get it OFF your phone? I tried to just uninstall the CAB from 'Remove Programs', but it is still on my phone. Please don't tell me I have to do a hard reset..if I do, then there should be some warning at the beginning of this thread!

You beat me to it... drkfngthdragnlrd!:D

Pisca

Feb 23, 2008
No way to unninstall, remove, softreset, remove in items and nothing, this means hard-reset only

drkfngthdragnlrd

Mar 27, 2008
Palmdale, CA
www.facebook.com
New version will be coming.

Made it so only the icons and Focus Panel on the left side will allow you to change pages on plugins and open the "ACTIONURL".

Now to try to add linked images that'll do things like Next/Previous Buttons for the audio player plugins and make the Arrows for the pages actually change pages as well.

EDIT: Rev.2 Released. Titanium Weather V3 Layouts added and special Titanium Weather cab edited just for NeoTitanium. Changed the touch active area and the active plugin when installs. Please see original post. Still trying to add buttons.

Last edited:

drkfngthdragnlrd

Mar 27, 2008
Palmdale, CA
www.facebook.com
Can you help me Add your HTC Music plugin to the regular titanium?

I tried copying the "Layer" nodes to the titanium cpr's and adding the HTC music to the registry

Thanks

Attached a zip. It includes a cab that should have all the reg and files you need. Also there's 2 cpr's with the portrait and landscape layouts that will need modifying and then be copied into the Titanium_*.cpr's.

NOTE: It is the real HTC Audio Manager plugin btw. I did NOT make it. All I did was port it from a Smart Phone.

Last edited:

dawkness

Aug 27, 2007
Will this work on a stock version of sprint mogul? Been searching this all morning and Lebron is about to play Paul Pierce so I kinda wanna do this now. No rush though and I know Google is my friend. But cant find anything.

drkfngthdragnlrd

Mar 27, 2008
Palmdale, CA
www.facebook.com
Will this work on a stock version of sprint mogul? Been searching this all morning and Lebron is about to play Paul Pierce so I kinda wanna do this now. No rush though and I know Google is my friend. But cant find anything.

Stock? No, the ROM must have the Titanium version CHome. So, if you are not running WMG.S, it won't work.

ryomahino

Sep 7, 2007
Lima
Attached a zip. It includes a cab that should have all the reg and files you need. Also there's 2 cpr's with the portrait and landscape layouts that will need modifying and then be copied into the Titanium_*.cpr's.

NOTE: It is the real HTC Audio Manager plugin btw. I did NOT make it. All I did was port it from a Smart Phone.

Anybody edit the 2 cpr to make it work in Regular Titanium? I dont know what can I do.

drkfngthdragnlrd

Mar 27, 2008
Palmdale, CA
www.facebook.com
New skin in Post 1

Screen01-22.jpg

drkfngthdragnlrd

Mar 27, 2008
Palmdale, CA
www.facebook.com
Anybody edit the 2 cpr to make it work in Regular Titanium? I dont know what can I do.

I posted the files for vbguru613, don't know if he successed. Try sending him a PM to see where he's at with regards to that?

I'm going to try to take a break for a couple days. Been working on this for 2 weeks straight being up days at a time.

EDIT: Can some upload the original/unedited Titanium_*.cpr's. I don't have them, all mine have been changed to make it easy to switch back and forth between NeoTitanium and Titanium. If so, I'll add the layouts and get HTC Audio Mnager working for Titanium as well.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Walk-through

Titanium: CHome is the plugin/program’s name. CHome is also one of the plugins as well. It’s the Notifications Plugin. This is the plugin that has Voicemail, Missed Calls, Email, SMS, and MMS all in one line. Titanium is the name of the way it displays things. There is also Bronze and Neo. In Titanium the glass panel always centers itself after you move it. In Bronze (Smart Phone version of CHome from Windows Mobile 6.1), as you move from panel to panel from top to bottom, the Active panel slides down the screen or vice versa. Neo is from the Smart Phone from T-Mobile called the Shadow and made by HTC. It’s similar to M2D where there is a list of Icons and a selector with the expanded panel taking up the rest of the screen. NeoTitanium is a revamped CPR layout of Titanium cloning the design of Neo hence why I named it NeoTitanium.

CHome Registry (Titanium): This should cover most of what you’ll need to know about the registry for CHome.

Directories (HKLM = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE): List of Directories CHome uses.
    HKLM\Security\CHome\DefaultSettings
    (NOTE: Any registry entries in this directory and its subdirectories will overwrite those in the Software Directory listed below when you disable and re-enable Titanium or Soft reset. It’s basically a safety backup.)
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome
    (NOTE: Also, all of its subdirectories.)

Values:
    ACTIONURL= Location of exe/ink/etc for the plugin when you press on the panel or press the center D-Pad Button (Example: ”\Windows\fexplorer.exe” to make the plugin open File Explorer)
    SK1URL= Same as ACTIONURL, but for the “Left Soft Key”.
    SK1TEXT= The text displayed for the “Left Soft Key”.
    SK2URL= Same as ACTIONURL, but for the “Right Soft Key”.
    SK2TEXT= The text displayed for the “Right Soft Key”.
    DefaultXML/ExtensibilityXML= Active plugins and their order. Also tells CHome which CPR’s to use (filename).
    <Plugins Order="CClock;CMyFaves;CContacts;CPhone…" CPRFileName="Neo" DisplayStyle="Titanium" />
    Filename is all text before the “ _resolution”.cpr (Resolution = 240x320 etc…).
    (NOTE: ExtensibilityXML is the Priority and Default is a fall back in case something in ExtensibilityXML breaks CHome.)
    Plugins= List of all available plugins. These are the same as the subdirectory names of CHome.
    (NOTE: List of plugins in NeoTitanium that work; CAppointments, CClock, CContacts, CEmail, CHome, CHomeFavs, CInternet, CLinks, CMessage, CMusic, CMyApplication, CMyFavs, CMyPhotos, COffice, CPhone, CTesUIPlugin (Old Titanium Weather uses this), CText, CVoicemail, CWelcomeCenter, CWindowsLive, HTCMUSIC, Settings.)
    Pages= Pages and order of pages within a plugin. If a plugin has plugins it’ll have subdirectories for each page.
    GUID= Defines how the specific plugin works. What registry entries it “requires”. What layout template in the CPR it uses, etc.
    (NOTE: The GUID “{F0A1B246-6E64-40cd-8E15-347D29FF6F18}” (without quotes) is for custom plugins. It requires a registry entry for the layout telling it which custom layout from the CPR to use. There are a few already in NeoTitanium. Use those as a template to make your own. You can add custom Registry values for text and images. If the registry is “CustomImage1”, it’ll look for <Image ID=”CustomImage1” Left…..” in the plugin’s layout of the CPR. It is best to not edit this value unless you are making a custom plugin of your own.)
    ICONPATHS/Image/Pictures/Etc= Location of the image to be used. (Example: “\Windows\Neo_SelectionPanel_45x45.png”)
    If you see number in this field, they are pointing to that resource in a .dll. Usually it’ll be the Bronzeres.dll.
    CONDENSETITLE/TitleText/PluginLabel/Etc= Usually the title displayed for the plugin such as CLinks being known as Launcher or Extras.
    DataSource= Specifically for the custom plugin GUID. This tells CHome where to find the registry values for each page.
    (NOTE: CondensedPage is a required subdirectory. As these are custom plugins, CHome does not know what information is used in condensed and must be told.)

The CPR XML code: The code inside the CPR’s is XML. If you open the XML with an XML editor such as “Microsoft Visual Studio”, it’ll recognize the code and highlight errors in the same manner “Microsoft Word” does for spelling and grammar. It also color codes the code so it’s easier to read. The CPR’s can be opened and edited with any text editor though like “Notepad” or “WordPad”.

EDIT: XML Notepad 2007 by microsoft for editing the cpr files found by justpctech. Special thanks to him for finding this.

The code: The main parts of the cprs are the left/top (Position) and width/height (size) entries represented in pixels. They control how big something is and where it is positioned onscreen. The left/top values are from the images of the specific layer, not the whole screen. So, if the layer is 240 pixels wide by 100 pixels tall, the left/top value are for within that rectangle. To scale images use this code, ScaleStyle="***". Known working values are Fit and Stretch. Color refers to the color of the text and its offset. OffsetNone is the text itself. Vertical/HorizontalAlignment is the layout of the text within its width/height box. If your image or text gets clipped off, try adding Clip=”False” to the Layer(s) in is inside of. Expanded layers are the layout of the plugin when active and Condensed is inactive. The page arrows are the NPI and MPI layers. TitaniumListView refers to Titanium. If you change both entries to BronzeListView, it’ll act as Bronze does on the Smart Phone as described above.

That should cover the basics of editing the CPR. Just start playing with them and you’ll catch on quickly as did I. If you know html or xml you have a head start.
    Will this work on Micromax a116 hd

Sent from my Micromax A116 using xda premium

No, this is an old skin I made a very long time ago. It was for Windows Mobile 6.5. Your device is an android. Maybe someone made something like it for Android, I don't know.