By jr8801, Member on 11th October 2011, 12:50 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th February 2013, 05:58 AM |#1001  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdennert

Can you make calls? If so, your last step to get the mobile network going (data) is to program the apn.

No,I'm not able to make a call.
I'm thinking about trying a StraightTalk Sim card.

11th February 2013, 04:29 PM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have a HW D version and I can't get this to work. I did it successfully once before on what presumably was an older hardware rev. So, I flashed the radio with the correct HEX edit, performed the build.prop edits on the latest stock ICS ROM and tried selecting pretty much every combination of "preferred network type" in the service menu. Unfortunately I still get a no service message. Editing the radio back to the stock string and putting a Verizon SIM back in puts it back to normal. I'm thinking this isn't going to work on this hardware rev.
11th February 2013, 06:36 PM |#1003  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabydanimal

I have a HW D version and I can't get this to work. I did it successfully once before on what presumably was an older hardware rev. So, I flashed the radio with the correct HEX edit, performed the build.prop edits on the latest stock ICS ROM and tried selecting pretty much every combination of "preferred network type" in the service menu. Unfortunately I still get a no service message. Editing the radio back to the stock string and putting a Verizon SIM back in puts it back to normal. I'm thinking this isn't going to work on this hardware rev.

yeah im having the same issue with HW C version myself
14th February 2013, 02:35 AM |#1004  

More
tmobile sim connecting to att&t
I have HW c. Couldn't get this working then all of the sudden I showed a signal. Only problem, I'm connecting to att network with a tmobile sim!? It says i'm roaming though.

Hmmm, The phone sees att network without sim too, but only connects when i have my tmobile sim in. Here's the stranger part, i can make outgoing calls and my tmobile number shows up on the recipients caller id. But if someone calls my number the call just disconnects. No ringing, or message, the call just ends a few seconds after they hit the call button.

Anyone have an idea why this phone will only see att network and no others (sim in or out)?
15th February 2013, 01:26 AM |#1005  
Arlington, VA
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genaugmen

I have HW c. Couldn't get this working then all of the sudden I showed a signal. Only problem, I'm connecting to att network with a tmobile sim!? It says i'm roaming though.

Hmmm, The phone sees att network without sim too, but only connects when i have my tmobile sim in. Here's the stranger part, i can make outgoing calls and my tmobile number shows up on the recipients caller id. But if someone calls my number the call just disconnects. No ringing, or message, the call just ends a few seconds after they hit the call button.

Anyone have an idea why this phone will only see att network and no others (sim in or out)?

I own one HW A and one HW C device. Both of them are connecting just fine to AT&T and i have 3G data connection with both of them but signal does not appear to be very good (although i have tried changing several thing into build.prop). I am getting 2-3 (and rarely 4 bars - maximum is five) BUT i never have problem with dropping calls or something.

I noticed the following: When i am using my HW A device and i switch to 2G only, the signal goes FULL but of course i have only EDGE data connection in this case.
When i do the same with the HW C device, i don't get signal at all. So i believe its very possible that HW C works only with AT&T and not T-mobile (unless your Bionic can get 3G with T-mobile in your area).
15th February 2013, 10:51 AM |#1006  

More
WOW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCFlyerX

Greetings Everyone...I am theANDROIDosX...and here is my guide to using SMS, MMS, Data on ICS leaks, using GSM!

Step 1. Unroot Device and Update to the .232 ICS leak.

Step 2. Once updated, Reroot device!

Step 3. Install Root Explorer and push the attached Build.prop (AFTER EXTRACTING) to /system! Remember to set permissions RW-R-R!!!!

Step 4. Delete STK.apk and STK.Odex from /system/app!

Step 5. Power Off device and enter stock recovery + Factory reset + reboot!

Step 6. Allow device to reboot.

Step 7. Open Radiocomm and perform the NV edit posted on PAGE 2!

Step 8. Power off device + place GSM SIM into device + reboot!

Step 9. Voila! Go to Settings>>More>>Mobile Networks>>Access Point Names.... Verify APN is correct, if not, correct it or create new APN for your carrier! It always helps to add MMS in APN type, when creating new APNs!

Lets defeat the Carrier Locking BASTARDS !!!! MUUUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

1st time posting on a forum. WHERE DO YOU LIVE BECAUSE I WANT TO SUCK YOUR FAAAACEE!!!!! omg... After spending well over 24 hours troubleshooting this ****... I finally got the latest ICS working on att... from not plugging my usb cord into my 2.0 port to wasting hours downloading unneeded files. .50 mbps connection _-_. If anyone needs help i will help them out. THANK YOU MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: D <--- me
15th February 2013, 12:31 PM |#1007  

More
Ok i retract that... It worked for about 10 minutes and after reboot NOTHING?!?! i did the *#*#6436*#*# and changed to gsm and it got signal for a minute. Only step i've skipped is the TBH_Band_Unlock_2.0.zip and i've tried that and it gives me an error. Do i need to set to stock rom ???? then unlock band?
15th February 2013, 03:43 PM |#1008  

More
HW C and using Tmobile account, but...
Well, I had gotten tired of trying to get my tmobile sim working on this phone as it seemed no one with HW C was having any luck. So I look into flashing it over to cricket. Ran into a problem with ppp settings reverting back to [email protected]. So after spending all night not getting anywhere with the cricket route I stuck my tmobile sim back into the phone. Well, as I mentioned a few posts back, my phone would say it was connected to att (roaming) with the tmobile sim inserted. I was even able to make calls and I don't have an account with att. When I booted up and changed back to wcdma preferred I again connect to att (roaming), at least according to the phone, but when I dial 611, low and behold I hear the familiar tmobile jingle. Tried to make a call like before and I get the message telling me I need to add funds to my account, which I do, daily plan funds ran out two days ago. Who knows what made things work differently now. My question going forward is how do I get off this roaming connection and actually connect to tmobile?

By the way, i just got 8900 txt from tmobile about my balance being low.

Going to try a factory reset and see what happens (maybe). Scared of moving backwards.

Well i had my phone sitting for maybe 20 mins and when I looked at it I was no longer connected to att, but to a new network referred to only as unknown. I had three solid bars on this new unknown network. But i tried to change to wcdma preferred and haven't been able to connect to it again. BUT, if you go into wireless networks\mobile networks\select network- 2g only, and then go into network operators and search networks tmobile pops right up. Couldn't connect though. I have a orange triangle notification now, even after rebooting, that shows tmobile network but says...

No Service
Selected network (T-Mobile) unavailable
16th February 2013, 04:30 AM |#1009  

More
Half way there...
I've got steady talk and txt, but I'm still roaming on at&t. Does anyone else see the carrier name when checking there sim info? I've tried looking at mine with several apps and while the carrier id for tmobile is there (310-260), the carrier name is blank. Can you write this info on to the sim, or fake it to make whatever the phone recognize the sim as a tmobile sim?
18th February 2013, 07:51 AM |#1010  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
hey guys does anyone know if its only works on the leaked 232 ics? or does it work on latest version i am about to try this ty for you time in putting this thread together
18th February 2013, 06:34 PM |#1011  

More
how to unlock gsm on 246 ics for the droid 4 plz help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)