Bionic on tmobile

86 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By jr8801, Member on 11th October 2011, 12:50 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th April 2012, 12:10 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I have a bionic and am going to travel overseas. I am very confused on what to do to get it to work. Right now I am on safestrap running AOKP on safe and .902 on unsafe. thanks.

Also, GSM hack won't affect the ability to work with verizon correct?

30th April 2012, 05:53 AM |#102  
Flag Mesa, AZ
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
AT&T not working
Just bought a Bionic to use on AT&T (currently using unlocked D2G on ATT, wanted an upgrade). I followed the steps, upgraded to .904 from .902, did the NV edit, rebooted... it sees my sim, gives me signal bars, but wont let me call out (says Outgoing calls Restricted by FDN), wont connect to data, and then the radio drops out (no signal). I tried switching to GSM only, WCDMA preferred, same issue. what am I doing wrong? HELP
30th April 2012, 06:11 AM |#103  
Flag Weatherford
Thanks Meter: 10

Donate to Me
More
this is great news. i was about to buy a go phone because we about to take a trip to place that actually doesn't get good verizon service so i could have a phone while we are there. now i don't have to. i can just use my bionic,
30th April 2012, 09:55 AM |#104  
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 96

More
This is actually kind of weird. My Bionic is responsive to my AT&T SIM but I cannot at all get my T-Mobile SIM to work.

Is T-Mobile somehow capable of locking a SIM card to a device and only letting it work with that device? My TMo SIM came from a Blackberry that was issued by my job.

I'm going to pop this TMo SIM in my fully-unlocked D2G and see if that has any issues. That'll probably let me know what I'm doing wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to projektorboy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift projektorboy Ad-Free
30th April 2012, 02:00 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Exclamation Similar Issues Here
here's my issue. I first flashed the Gummy ROM but the device didn't give me the option to connect in PC Mode - Only USB Mass Storage. I used RSD to go back to stock, used Radiocomm to edit the radio, and the phone boots up great and even shows full signal on T-Mobile - However, I cannot get past the welcome screen as I keep getting an "Unrecognized SIM error", preventing me from going any further.

Any ideas on this?
30th April 2012, 02:24 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

This is actually kind of weird. My Bionic is responsive to my AT&T SIM but I cannot at all get my T-Mobile SIM to work.

Is T-Mobile somehow capable of locking a SIM card to a device and only letting it work with that device? My TMo SIM came from a Blackberry that was issued by my job.

I'm going to pop this TMo SIM in my fully-unlocked D2G and see if that has any issues. That'll probably let me know what I'm doing wrong.

I am having the same problem with a tmobile sim in mine also reads att just mine wont do tmobile
30th April 2012, 02:30 PM |#107  

More
please let me know...
it must have something to do with T-Mobile locking the SIM as I did exactly the same thing, popped the SIM from my work phone (galaxys2) and tried it in the Bionic - let me know what you find please.
30th April 2012, 03:57 PM |#108  

More
it's probably locked - I assume
didn't even think of this (Im an idiot) but I assume I need to be working with an unlocked Bionic? If so, how do I unlock it?
30th April 2012, 06:48 PM |#109  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 922

More
There is no SIM Locke required on Bionic, it should just work. The message about the SIM being from an unrecognized source always comes up and can be ignored.
Not all SIMs are the same and there appears to be incompatibility between some SIMs and some devices. My T mobile SIM works fine in Bionic but not in D4 or RAZR.

It makes it very hard to determine what works and what doesn't between devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to cellzealot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cellzealot Ad-Free
30th April 2012, 08:06 PM |#110  

More
Unfortunately though, i am at the setup screen, like using the phone for the first time and it will not let me past the point. My only options on the unrecognized sim screen are emergency call or power off. So how can i just ignore the error and proceed to set up the phone? I do have a signal so I know im almost there. When i pull down the notification bar, it reads t mobile.

Thanks in advance
30th April 2012, 08:42 PM |#111  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 922

More
Try taking out the SIM and rebooting to get to the Initial Activation setup screen. Then touch the four corners of the screen starting at top left and go clockwise. Then let it go thru attempting to find a data connection and allow you to skip activation.
Now power off and put the SIM in and restart the phone. When it boots it will go to the lock screen and then the unrecognized SIM screen will come up after you unlock it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cellzealot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cellzealot Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)