Remote control Android from PC

Search This thread

Serinety

Account currently disabled
Aug 29, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
I am trying to support my Mom who has an unrooted Galaxy Note 2. Can I use this TeamViewer app? Everytime I look at it, it looks like it is Android >> Windows not the other way around. Hope you're still watching this thread.

this thread is on my notify list :)

I have had to do the same thing for my dad on his galaxy s3.

you are looking for teamviewer quick support.

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/news/366-New-Android-app-released-TeamViewer-QuickSupport.aspx

its really easy, have mom install the app, or log into her google account from your pc, find it in the webbased play store, and push the app to her phone.

once installed, she launches it, you request access, she gives you the key displayed on her screen, and your in. remote away !

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Reactions: les_garten

les_garten

Nov 16, 2011
South Florida

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/news/366-New-Android-app-released-TeamViewer-QuickSupport.aspx

its really easy, have mom install the app, or log into her google account from your pc, find it in the webbased play store, and push the app to her phone.

once installed, she launches it, you request access, she gives you the key displayed on her screen, and your in. remote away !

At that point it will be a similar experience to VNC? I need to be able to run apps so I can change their configs, etc?

broucker

Nov 14, 2010
london
faster

Hello! i've tried on my Desire S so far team viewer quick support and droid vnc server.
droid vnc server is faster then team viewer but i'm searching for a faster response time software. witch could it be?!
NOTE: i need remote desktop for android to work on my phone from PC via usb (guessing is the fastest)

bernsbe

Oct 5, 2014
remote shutdown

Hi,
I'm using an android ics device to remote control an htpc running w7. When I issue the command to shutdown the tv everything shuts down already.
Tv
Htpc
Amp
Front l and r powered speakers
Woofer
Ambient light
One light stays on a minute to allow leaving Living room to go to sleep.
This leaves just one device : the remote.

Is there a way to use a pc to remotely tell an android ics machine to shut down?

Is there a way to use a pc to remotely tell an android ics machine to shut down?

In android you install SSH Server and BusyBox (if necessary).
You know, you run the wifi tethering aka. HotSpot.
In some systems to run wifi tethering, turn off airplane mode.
After logging in with win7 you can issue the command:

Code:
su 
reboot -p

If the command does not work, then look on google:

android shutdown command

meo

Hello! i've tried on my Desire S so far team viewer quick support and droid vnc server.
droid vnc server is faster then team viewer but i'm searching for a faster response time software. witch could it be?!
NOTE: i need remote desktop for android to work on my phone from PC via usb (guessing is the fastest)
You can try myphonexplorer. You can remote by ip, blothose, and usb. I tried several remotsoftware. I thing this one is the only one where you can fill textboxes by remote

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    your solution ?

For me it is myPhonexplorer:

It is a great applikation: Work on USB, WIFI, Bluethoose
    You can organize your contacts, Task, Calender, Install Applikations, transfer files, Jobmanagment for Backup Files, Screen Remote !!, Sending SMS form PC, Lotus Notes + Exchange sync ..........
    For me the best and it's free !
    i use it same years

a nother good Tool is Total Comander and Android ADB 5.6:

so you can:
    - Apps management (Install, Uninstall and Backup your apps)
    - APK icons and metadata with custom columns
    - Backup and Restore on ICS
    - LogCat/BugReport/Dmesg (Copy file from folder), Shell
    - Reboot menu with (Reboot, Hot Boot, Recovery, Download and Power Off)
    - Screenshots (Copy file from .screenshot folder)
    - Multiple devices with device rename functionality (friendly name)
    - Bookmarks and WiFi auto-connect
    - Rooted, semi-rooted and non-rooted devices
    - Full unicode support
    - x32 and x64 support
    - TC command line integration
    - Background copy/move
    - Owner and Group custom columns
    - Full file system management (download/upload recursive directories, copy, delete, rename, move, edit, view, overwrite confirmation and more)
    - Copy/Move between 2 devices
    - Set/Get file attributes/permissions - Change Attributes action in Total Commander
    - ADB USB and wireless ADB (no need to install Android SDK)
    - Auto mount support
    - Debug logs
    - Rich settings
    Seems most people here are missing the OP's question

There are a lot of responses to this person's question (albeit, an old question) that are totally missing what he wants to do.

he wants to control his phone FROM his PC. Half the apps mentioned are remote control (like a tv remote control) app for your phone that control your PC.

second, apps like Airdroid are NOT the solution he is asking for. Airdroid is not a "remote control", it is a "remote management" app.

the OP wants to send the view you see as you look at your phone, to the PC, so that it can be manipulated with the keyboard and mouse.

For those that have used teamviewer, Logmein, VNC, .. you know what what I am talking about. This is one of those things that I think many people have a hard time understanding until they see it. For the longest time I could not get my parents to understand that I could SEE their screen on my PC as if I was sitting at their PC..

For the OP, or anyone else who is finding this thread on google, there are a few options and they all seem to need root.

LANmote
    VM VNC Server
    android-vnc
    VNC server (by wencent)

VNC Server Ultimate (might support non rooted devices)

If you own a samsung device, you can use the official team viewer app, it works flawlessly (I use it to support my parents and their GS3's)

If you start your google search or market search with VNC SERVER or similar, you will be off to a good start.
    I am trying to support my Mom who has an unrooted Galaxy Note 2. Can I use this TeamViewer app? Everytime I look at it, it looks like it is Android >> Windows not the other way around. Hope you're still watching this thread.

At that point it will be a similar experience to VNC? I need to be able to run apps so I can change their configs, etc?

yup, her phone on your pc.