Our phone is not dead!!!!

Search This thread

rqmok

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne
*Please no one delete this thread! It is really important!*

Hi everyone!

I am here to tell you guys about our phone.

Yes, the title says everything; our phone is not dead!

What do you think? Just because Huawei is not supporting this phone anymore doesn't mean that our phone is dead!

Look! We have achieved great things with our knowledge! We have already have Android that wasn't given to us by Huawei:

- CM 7.2
- Aurora ICS
- MIUI
- Oxygen
- JokerROM
- and lots of others!

(Thanks to all those developers that have contributed their efforts for the sake of our phone!)

Huawei is not supporting us, but every person in our community is supporting each other.

I know we are lacking developers, but we still have great developers: DZO (he's a bit sleepy), forumber2, Blefish, MosTERRA, ezet, and anyone else I have missed!

We still have developers, but not once have I read anyone commenting anything positive about our phone. Not once anyone has told someone else that our phone is dying/dead. Always, everyone here has said our phone is finished.

Come on guys! Don't say this! Always try to say good things about our phone. By saying bad things about our phone, you are discouraging other people, and most importantly the Developers, from keeping the phone.

Please stop discouraging Developers and others! Instead, encourage others to gather knowledge and start building some ROMs!

Yes, I would encourage all of you here to start gathering knowledge about android and start building some MODs, Themes, ROMs, etc, for our phone!

NEVER AGAIN I WOULD WANT TO SEE A COMMENT THAT SAYS NEGATIVE THINGS ABOUT OUR PHONE!!!!

Last edited:

dark_vader

Nov 17, 2011
You're right and in general I agree with you but this sub-forum is only to post ROM's preferably tested and without bugs. You should move this to General section or ask to mods to do that. Blefish is working on CM 10 and we (non-developers) need to wait.

Cheers.

iamelton

Feb 10, 2011
Hong Kong
OnePlus Nord
to say our phone is "dead" is not negative as i perceive it.. its just a plain fact..
in this fast-changing technology world, our phone already did its job very well..
my u8800 has just passed its 2-year mark, and though its just become my second-line support phone in this month, its still of great value to me..
(big compliment to our great developers!)

HOWEVER, the phones is already over 2 years old, and this is a very old age in technology world (and also considering its lack of official support)..
if everyone just refuses to proceed forward, we are probably still playing/flashing mods for our beloved transistor radio (if thats even possible)!

[edit]
with the above said, i do not mean to discourage any further development effort on this phone..
i actually welcome such activities very much honestly..
its just that ppl should also recognise those of us who try to move forward with newer and more powerful phones..

Last edited:

iead_20

Dec 25, 2012
Damascus

Hi everyone!

What do you think? Just because Huawei is not supporting this phone anymore doesn't mean that our phone is dead!

Look! We have achieved great things with our knowledge! We have already have Android that wasn't given to us by Huawei:

- CM 7.2
- Aurora ICS
- MIUI
- Oxygen
- JokerROM
- and lots of others!

(Thanks to all those developers that have contributed their efforts for the sake of our phone!)

Huawei is not supporting us, but every person in our community is supporting each other.

I know we are lacking developers, but we still have great developers: DZO (he's a bit sleepy), forumber2, Blefish, MosTERRA ezet, possibly me, and anyone else I have missed!

We still have developers, but not once have I read anyone commenting anything positive about our phone. Not once anyone has told someone else that our phone is dying/dead. Always, everyone here has said our phone is finished.

Come on guys! Don't say this! Always try to say good things about our phone. By saying bad things about our phone, you are discouraging other people, and most importantly the Developers, from keeping the phone.

Please stop discouraging Developers and others! Instead, encourage others to gather knowledge and start building some ROMs!

Yes, I would encourage all of you here to start gathering knowledge about android and start building some MODs, Themes, ROMs, etc, for our phone!

NEVER AGAIN I WOULD WANT TO SEE A COMMENT THAT SAYS NEGATIVE THINGS ABOUT OUR PHONE!!!!
So why don't you make Jelly bean ?

itsDinis

Feb 23, 2012
Évora
to say our phone is "dead" is not negative as i perceive it.. its just a plain fact..
in this fast-changing technology world, our phone already did its job very well..
my u8800 has just passed its 2-year mark, and though its just become my second-line support phone in this month, its still of great value to me..
(big compliment to our great developers!)

HOWEVER, the phones is already over 2 years old, and this is a very old age in technology world (and also considering its lack of official support)..
if everyone just refuses to proceed forward, we are probably still playing/flashing mods for our beloved transistor radio (if thats even possible)

Our main problem is the just the lack of developers as I already said before, because saying our phones is old fashioned it ain't true, for an example the Huawei Ascend G300, imo that phone is not that far away from our phone in hardware and capability (and also it was release in May of 2012), but still it already has CM9, CM10, CM10.1, thats my point of view, we can't all have the same opinion. I just don't have the skill to do such things in the Android area, if I had I would work on this awesome device.

faekplastik3s

Oct 26, 2011
It's not dead, but it's been on life support for a very long time, now. Blefish is the only active, transparent developer this device has going for, and even he doesn't have public releases yet and encounters numerous issues. There is no real Jellybean for this device, regardless of the fact that the hardware is capable, and so for all intents and purposes it is dead, for the time being. But that could change.

Regardless, this is a terrible thread and if you want to help you shouldn't spam this forum. There are specific forums for this sort of inane garbage.

Reactions: iamelton

dream4

Oct 11, 2011
istanbul
I think it's dead anymore since we can't go through jellybean. There are only 2 person as i know who have coding knowledge;dzo and blefish.Besides we haven't seen a working wifi for jellybean both of them;so this makes the phone dead,in my view.

iamelton

Feb 10, 2011
Hong Kong
OnePlus Nord
i think the points are quite clear now.. in android world, a phone is "dead" if there is not much active development/support for the latest updates going around (either officially or from individuals)..

[edit]
OP, just did a search and found out that u ported a xperia style rom to our phone, so that makes u a developer of this phone.. thx for the work..
(though another GB rom does not interest me that much.. ;) )

Last edited:

Blefish

Aug 19, 2011
I'd like to point out that just because I haven't released a rom does not mean I am not working on it. Just hang on as there is awesome stuff coming up!

I know I am not the fastest developer around, but I always try to do things "properly". Of which I mean I try to provide good code that would be reusable in the future.

Sent from my U8800

rqmok

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne
Would just like to clarify something

No. Our phone will never be dead, as long as we have devs working on it.

I would also like to point out something:

Just because I ported Xperia Style GB ROM, doesn't mean I have become a developer. BUT at least I am trying to build JB for our device. Yes, I have downloaded the CM10 source and have started building it. Since this is the first ever ROM I will build, which is why I am getting help from Blefish (thanks a lot Blefish. I really appreciate your efforts).

I am trying my best to keep this project going, but I have my studies and other important things (won't mention because they are personal). It is my second last year in High School, so I don't get much time (i'm sorry).

I WOULD STILL LIKE TO ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO GATHER KNOWLEDGE AND START BUILDING FOR OUR DEVICE. WE NEED AS MUCH DEVELOPERS AS POSSIBLE WORKING ON THIS DEVICE!

I know gathering the knowledge is hard, but we have the Q&A section where you can ask something whenever you are stuck. Please step forward and start working!

Thanks for understanding.:good:

Repeal

Oct 2, 2011
İstanbul

Just because I ported Xperia Style GB ROM, doesn't mean I have become a developer. BUT at least I am trying to build JB for our device. Yes, I have downloaded the CM10 source and have started building it. Since this is the first ever ROM I will build, which is why I am getting help from Blefish (thanks a lot Blefish. I really appreciate your efforts).

I am trying my best to keep this project going, but I have my studies and other important things (won't mention because they are personal). It is my second last year in High School, so I don't get much time (i'm sorry).

I WOULD STILL LIKE TO ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO GATHER KNOWLEDGE AND START BUILDING FOR OUR DEVICE. WE NEED AS MUCH DEVELOPERS AS POSSIBLE WORKING ON THIS DEVICE!

I know gathering the knowledge is hard, but we have the Q&A section where you can ask something whenever you are stuck. Please step forward and start working!

HD2 is dead and it still has developers.

It's not developing, it's passed on. This phone is no more. It has ceased to be. It's expired and gone to meet its maker. This is a late phone. It's a stiff. Bereft of life, it rests in peace. If we haven't bought it , it would be pushing up the daisies. It's run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. This is an ex-phone. Capisci?

iamelton

Feb 10, 2011
Hong Kong
OnePlus Nord

ok i take back my previous recognition of u as a developer.. now you are a developer-to-be for this great phone.. (honestly, no sarcasm attached.. ;) )
and while i think u8800 is dead, u see it as a living pal.. no problem.. case closed.. (no sarcasm, again..)

now back to business.. i would very much be happy to see a jb rom created and surely would give it a try in my u8800..
i just hope u can keep this enthusiasm and keep working on this jb-rom-to-come..
honestly speaking, having enthusiasm on something and start working on it are not that difficult.. its the persistence and patience (in dealing with obstacles) that make the difference..

good luck and hope to hear from u soon.. :good:

Last edited:

rastek

Dec 1, 2011
I'd like to point out that just because I haven't released a rom does not mean I am not working on it. Just hang on as there is awesome stuff coming up!

I know I am not the fastest developer around, but I always try to do things "properly". Of which I mean I try to provide good code that would be reusable in the future.

Sent from my U8800

Hey,

I just don't understand something so i want to ask you. I am following you on twitter and see that it is really not easy making kernel 3.4. I just want to know, wouldn't it be easier if you just use the 3.0.8 kernel that we already have and maybe tweak it a bit? 3.0.8 should work with CM10. I just don't see the point of triing so hard to make the new kernel for CM10. Let's look in the future and if you release your rom in 2 months for now there will not be so many people that would find it usefull because many of U8800 users are already switching to new devices. And in may there is coming KLP.

Thanks for clarification! :good:

rqmok

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne
Hey,

I just don't understand something so i want to ask you. I am following you on twitter and see that it is really not easy making kernel 3.4. I just want to know, wouldn't it be easier if you just use the 3.0.8 kernel that we already have and maybe tweak it a bit? 3.0.8 should work with CM10. I just don't see the point of triing so hard to make the new kernel for CM10. Let's look in the future and if you release your rom in 2 months for now there will not be so many people that would find it usefull because many of U8800 users are already switching to new devices. And in may there is coming KLP.

Thanks for clarification! :good:

I understand what you are trying to say to Blefish.

I'll tell you. May it be 3.0.8 or 3.1 kernel, the story is the same: no Bluetooth and no WiFi. The 3.0.8 will need to be made compatible with CM10, but making WiFi and Bluetooth work will still won't be easy. That's why it is better to work on 3.1 kernel when you know that both kernels have the same story.

I hope you understand.

rastek

Dec 1, 2011
Ok i understand that wifi and bt do not work with 3.0.8 and cm10, but blefish said in one thread that it is just a matter of configuration and is not nearly as hard as making a new kernel. I think blefish could make it work with 3.0.8.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

rqmok

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne
My phone is not dead!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the spirit!!

Ok i understand that wifi and bt do not work with 3.0.8 and cm10, but blefish said in one thread that it is just a matter of configuration and is not nearly as hard as making a new kernel. I think blefish could make it work with 3.0.8.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Yes, it is a matter of configuration.

All we have right now are the drivers from Aurora and the drivers from official Huawei ROMs. To make CM10, the drivers need to be taken from an older ROM and put into CM10. Now, it is not just a matter of copy-pasting. Our current drivers are not compatible with JB. Blefish has made some things working. The biggest problem is the WiFi. The old WiFi drivers need to be made compatible with CM10, and this is the hardest part. This is why there has been no one, yet, who has been able to do this.

No matter what kernel it is, may it be 3.0.8 or 3.1, the WiFi drivers need to be made compatible with CM10.

I think oguzhan mobile was able to fix the WiFi to the extent where it actually turned on, but it wouldn't scan. I don't know why he stopped development. I am not sure what kernel oguzhan mobile was using, but I think it was 3.0.8. I think you might be right that it would be easier for our phone to use the 3.0.8 kernel, but I think the 3.1 kernel would run better with CM10.1.

If you really want to know why Blefish wouldn't use 3.0.8 kernel, then you would need to Blefish himself. I have already said what I think, but I am not sure if I am right.

I am going to give it a try with 3.0.8 kernel. It might be easier than 3.1 kernel. I'll just have to find out :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my U8800

Hi everyone!

- CM 7.2
    - Aurora ICS
    - MIUI
    - Oxygen
    - JokerROM
    - and lots of others!

I know we are lacking developers, but we still have great developers: DZO (he's a bit sleepy), forumber2, Blefish, MosTERRA, ezet, and anyone else I have missed!

I'm trying to compile CM9 for our phone but I stuck on somethings. I sent messages to Dazzozo and Blefish about the CM9 problems but they didn't reply so I don't know where am I doing wrong. If I compile the CM9 successfully,I'll compile AOKP (ICS) and start the other projects.

If you want look at the source,all sources are available on my github.

Here is the my CM9 bugs;

https://github.com/forumber/android_device_huawei_u8800/blob/ics/README
    Would just like to clarify something

Our phone is not dead, and is not too old!

Hi all!

It has been a long time that I haven't post a reply on this forum, so as for many folks in here). However, it DOESN'T MEAN that OUR PHONE IS DEAD in terms of development. As we all know that Blefish is keep working on the CM10.1 development on our phone, so new rom is still on the way! I have three smartphones, including Huawei u8150(retired), u8800 and LG Optimus Black. Even for the u8150 which has been rolled out since 2010, I could see some developers who still actively maintain the development of the phone. Here are some of them:

[ROM] [JB] ColdFusionX 2 for the Huawei U8150 [CM10] [New rom is coming up]
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1833119&page=8

[ROM][MIUI][All U81xx Series and U8350] MIUI Gingerbread 2.4.20 V1.0
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1878711

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 9.1 for Huawei U81xx Series and U8350 [02032013]
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2031479&page=35

And yes, they are also suffer from lack of developers at this moment, and their situation is even worst than us! However, the development of the phone stills goes on!

I should say thank you for Dzo, who has developed Aurora ICS as such a amazing rom. It helps to brings more developers to make mods for our phone. And of course, his rom run amazingly well in terms of performance!! I can honestly tell you that the benchmark performance of Aurora ICS beats any roms that I could get from LG Optimus Black!! (under their own default clock rate, i.e. 800Mhz vs 1000Mhz!!!).I understand that our phone cannot beat most of the phone with the bleeding edge technologies (e.g. quad core or dual core), but it run amazing well under its own category! As most of the manufacturers still roll out smartphone with single core as the entry-line phone. (e.g HTC Desire Q, LG Optimus L5 II E450,LG Optimus L5 II E450). I believe that our phone is YET TO BE DEAD!!!

I am sorry that I have written too much, but I would like to give a MEGA CHEER for our developers!!!!

All I wanna say is.....Your works are SO AMAZING and we are still waiting for the good news on the development on our phone!!!!!:victory::highfive: