FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!
Post Reply Email Thread
I've been using Hyperdrive ROM for a while and today I noticed that none of the alerts are producing vibration. I thought it might be related to the kernel I installed so I reverted the kernel but that did not fix. So I installed a new ROM (Resurrection) and I still have the same issue.

I installed Vibration tester and I'm still not getting any vibration.

Any suggestion ?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
5th June 2014, 11:02 AM |#2  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,005

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamils

I've been using Hyperdrive ROM for a while and today I noticed that none of the alerts are producing vibration. I thought it might be related to the kernel I installed so I reverted the kernel but that did not fix. So I installed a new ROM (Resurrection) and I still have the same issue.

Any suggestion ?

have you dropped your phone, or did it get wet. happened to me once. the vibrate stopped after getting wet on an HTC phone.. also if you drop it, the connector could get loose.
5th June 2014, 03:39 PM |#3  
Flag minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 1,532

More
Quote:

Any suggestion ?

If I were u I would flash another kernel and try.

5th June 2014, 04:09 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiaz33685

have you dropped your phone, or did it get wet. happened to me once. the vibrate stopped after getting wet on an HTC phone.. also if you drop it, the connector could get loose.

I don't recall phone getting wet but it has definitely been dropped on carpet many times but I have a bumper cover so no physical damage to the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdidtht

If I were u I would flash another kernel and try.

I have tried new kernel as well as new ROM. I installed KK Remix and still I don't get any vibration.
5th June 2014, 04:15 PM |#5  
Flag minneapolis

More
Quote:

I don't recall phone getting wet but it has definitely been dropped on carpet many times but I have a bumper cover so no physical damage to the phone.

I have tried new kernel as well as new ROM. I installed KK Remix and still I don't get any vibration.

Do u have power savings mode on by any chance? Because that would kill vibration.

5th June 2014, 04:17 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdidtht

Do u have power savings mode on by any chance? Because that would kill vibration.

I don't think so. I just installed a brand new ROM so I don't think it has power saving mode on by default. Does it? I'm on KK Remix, where can I check?
5th June 2014, 04:25 PM |#7  
Flag minneapolis

More
Quote:

I don't think so. I just installed a brand new ROM so I don't think it has power saving mode on by default. Does it? I'm on KK Remix, where can I check?

Nope, alright, weird, tw has power savings mode that would kill it, but aosp specifically that ROM I'm unaware of said feature. And since its occurring on both ROMs you may be in a pickle.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Did it work when phone r was new? When did it stop? Did u Odin stock and see? Sorry driving so I didn't really read back too far

11th June 2014, 12:43 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston, TX

More
For anyone who might be following the thread, I got the replacement part from Amazon and replaced the the vibrator. Everything is working as expected. Thanks to everyone who replied.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajamils For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ajamils Ad-Free
12th June 2014, 12:04 AM |#9  
Flag minneapolis

More
Quote:

For anyone who might be following the thread, I got the replacement part from Amazon and replaced the the vibrator. Everything is working as expected. Thanks to everyone who replied.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk.

Whoop. Glad to hear you got bit all fixed up man. Awesome.

The Following User Says Thank You to jdidtht For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jdidtht Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)