50 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By yourpappa, Member on 14th October 2011, 06:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th October 2011, 12:44 PM |#11  
OP Member

More
Yeah theres not much bloatware , but today I'll remove that too by rooting.
Oh and the crazy screen problem freaked me out, but went away after I removed the screen guard . Its funny cuz I could not see any bubbles . Should I get a new screen guard or not , cuz now I'm scared of scratching my phone

19th October 2011, 02:05 PM |#12  
Flag CHENNAI
Thanks Meter: 713

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourpappa

Oh and the crazy screen problem freaked me out, but went away after I removed the screen guard . Its funny cuz I could not see any bubbles . Should I get a new screen guard or not , cuz now I'm scared of scratching my phone

hi
dont use a screen gaurd take it from me i have removed mine and i have zero problems im sure u got the leather casing just use it while putting in ur poket
screen gaurd is a no no as long as im concerned for this phone
20th October 2011, 03:01 AM |#13  
Flag Jaipur
Thanks Meter: 46

More
okk link is updated with a Flash'able update all the blot wares are removed ... as for now its purly a basic version that needs to be tested

Why i can't test it by my own "I DON'T HAVE A PHONE"

so someone plz check it out ... does it works good

plz some one test it for me http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post18555578

basic key features

Uc-kernal pre integrated (oveclocked to1.9)
blot wares removed (Hope So)
pre rooted stock rom
miui music player
gingerbread keybord

if this one worked ... i will do change the framework also for a custom theme
11th April 2012, 05:47 PM |#14  
OP Member

More
Hi,

I had been away for a while and now there are a ton of custom ROMs available for this phone. Can anybody tell me the best ROM out there for everyday use. Pros and Cons would be appreciated so that it helps other people also.
11th April 2012, 07:54 PM |#15  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I have tried miui 1.11.11, cherry magnum HD(GB 2.3.4), spice (GB 2.3.4) and sharp SH8188U (GB 2.3.4). I find the sharp ROM as the most stable. The visual appeal of miui rom is the best and it is stable as well, the only downside is that it doesn't have HDMI and FM radio supported.

Sent from my SH8188U using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to Indiarocks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Indiarocks Ad-Free
12th April 2012, 12:49 PM |#16  
OP Member

More
What about performance? And also since I am going to use a custom rom , Which stock rom should I build it on, I 'll try Sharp like you said, I have already used cherry mangnum, its good.

So what do other people say, I am stunned with the sheer number no of Roms available now. I wonder why nobody posted benchmarks till now.

Thanks
12th April 2012, 06:01 PM |#17  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Andro=ID ROM RC-3 is a good custom ROM to start with. You can flash it from the Sharp ROM which is GB 2.3.5. MIUI 1.11.11 is also one of the better options available. Very snappy performance and stable as well. Low incoming call volume is problem in this ROM which can be solved with a patch available. The miui ROM can be flashed from Cherry Magnum or any other Stock ROM based on Android 2.3.4.
The Following User Says Thank You to Indiarocks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Indiarocks Ad-Free
12th April 2012, 07:04 PM |#18  
OP Member

More
Thanks a lot Indiarocks,
I'll try Sharp now, I have used edowars CM7 and loved it, but since you recommended MIUI 1.11.11, I'll give it a shot.(Are you sure its the best MIUI out there, there are so may versions haha)

Other people are free to speak out their opinions, also could somebody compare edowars CM7 to miui 1.11.11 and other ROMS.

Edit - I have been looking into MIUI, it seems Free Radical's MIUI 2.4.6 is the popular version. Is it good , or even better than edowars CM(27/3/12)

Thanks, this community rocks
13th April 2012, 10:35 AM |#19  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourpappa

Your phone has Corning glass it will not scratch easily so remove the protector. We were discussing this years ago over at AF before xda had a X6 section.

One of my WellcoM A99 has the crazy screen problem, its really starting to piss me off. If i flash any ROM other than stock WellcoM or Cherry Mobile it becomes unusable. It also becomes unusable with the stock ROM after a few weeks sometimes. Does anyone know if there is a screen_fix.zip for this or if there is a solution? cause its out of warranty and i dont live in Thailand nor can i read Thai on their forums.
14th April 2012, 05:20 AM |#20  
OP Member

More
The problem with these phones is that they have really sensitive screens but not non-adhesive screens like gorilla glass. Now when you touch the screen, the small amount of dirt and sweat from you fingers cause the phone to recognize 2-3 touchpoints and hence cause it to malfunction.(all of it is just my reasoning )
Just get a good screen guard, it solved the problem permanently for me.

PS - Sorry my net did not work at all yesterday, stupid MTNL. So does anybody answers to my question, I would like to apply a custom ROM, cant wait.
19th April 2012, 09:53 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I have tried both the Spice Stock and Wellcom Stock. Both stock ROMs are Gingerbread but I don't remember the exact version numbers. The ROM from Spice has the most bloatware and the Blueberry application is a battery hogger. Wellcom was pretty stable and did not give me much problems.

I rooted my phone (to adjust CPU speed and improve battery life) to MIUI (at first) and later to CM7 (from edowar, 31-12-11 release). I am quite happy with CM7 (Don't have a complaint against MIUI, but I prefer the UI of CM7). I have the odd incoming call issue but you can work around that by switching the call to speaker & back to fix.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)