Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Motorola Phone Ban

27 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Jauk, Junior Member on 17th July 2012, 09:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
It looks like our X2's are facing a ban tomorrow!

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-574...?tag=cnetRiver

Personally, I'm going to flaunt mine around Verizon stores and laugh at everyone when they get super jealous.

17th July 2012, 10:21 PM |#2  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 588

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veseoj

Personally, I'm going to flaunt mine around Verizon stores and laugh at everyone when they get super jealous.

I really think this is payback and does more good than harm. All of us put together couldn't do much (read our efforts on BBB complaints) but thanks to M$, we may very well get some well needed payback... However, I am disappointed that the ban doesn't effect newer devices. It seems to be effecting only 3G devices... Is this something related to the radio technology?

I don't effing care if Motorola can never sell a single device from now on, since that is what I exactly want. What do they say, oh yeah: Payback's a bitch! Hellya!
17th July 2012, 10:22 PM |#3  
Account currently disabled
Flag The cold part of Ohio
Thanks Meter: 416

More
Quote:

That...really blows. Seems like the RAZR and Bionic are the only ones unaffected.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
17th July 2012, 10:24 PM |#4  
Flag The Bikini State!
Thanks Meter: 766

More
Kinda makes you wonder if that's another reason for the lack of support we never got from Motorola....
17th July 2012, 10:35 PM |#5  
Account currently disabled
Flag The cold part of Ohio
Thanks Meter: 416

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyforeman

Kinda makes you wonder if that's another reason for the lack of support we never got from Motorola....

You're more than likely right. When they (Motorola) got hip to the infringement, they didn't want to invest resources towards a dying product.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
18th July 2012, 03:20 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by litetaker

I really think this is payback and does more good than harm. All of us put together couldn't do much (read our efforts on BBB complaints) but thanks to M$, we may very well get some well needed payback... However, I am disappointed that the ban doesn't effect newer devices. It seems to be effecting only 3G devices... Is this something related to the radio technology?

I don't effing care if Motorola can never sell a single device from now on, since that is what I exactly want. What do they say, oh yeah: Payback's a bitch! Hellya!

Moto says the issue can be fixed with a patch which would remove the feature.

LoL, I expect Moto isn't happy to have to make a patch for all the older phones.

Sent from my MB870 using xda app-developers app
18th July 2012, 03:42 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyforeman

I was thinking this too, but it's probably because they just did not care about us enough. The X2 was a good phone when it was launched, but it definitely did not receive the hype a phone like the Nexus or Galaxy S III got.
18th July 2012, 03:43 PM |#8  
Flag Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Cool, now if VZ would update my line with an upgrade so I can get rid of this piece once and for all! ..rather than next year :/
18th July 2012, 06:41 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 418

More
Quote:

I was thinking this too, but it's probably because they just did not care about us enough. The X2 was a good phone when it was launched, but it definitely did not receive the hype a phone like the Nexus or Galaxy S III got.

Lol reeeeeaaallly can't compare the nexus and Gs3 ...they are a bit out of the dx2's league.

Ban away not gonna stop me from using my phone.
Oh yeah I'm an outlaw!!
:beer:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
22nd July 2012, 03:09 PM |#10  
Flag Mamou
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Only reason this phone ain't as good as a nexus is the locked bl. If not for that it would be better IMO.

Sent from my MB870 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
22nd July 2012, 08:24 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by king..kranium

Only reason this phone ain't as good as a nexus is the locked bl. If not for that it would be better IMO.

Sent from my MB870 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Nexus's specs are better too. Nexus has better ram and 4g among otherthings. The nexus radio sucks though.

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)