[MOD][TWJB4.1.2 i605 Base ONLY]TabletUI w/Floating Multiwindow *7/19/13*

Search This thread

Deckoz2302

Dec 3, 2012
Raleigh
Its not a rom but a simple mod. Replaces systemui.apk and android.policy.jar. it will probably work on any touchwiz bases that are jellybean 4.1.1 based. However not sure what or if it will break anything as each carriers builds are slightly different. Also I have no way of testing on ither carriers other than verizon base.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Deckoz2302

Dec 3, 2012
Raleigh
Real quick. Does anyone know if the notifications on a galaxy tab or bote 10.1 show up in the status bar or above the status bar? Trying to decide whether to have it above the status icons or temporarily hide the icons for notification?

If im not mistaken it was above the icons in honeycomb but not sure about jellybean

Just about right

Jul 14, 2007
Real quick. Does anyone know if the notifications on a galaxy tab or bote 10.1 show up in the status bar or above the status bar? Trying to decide whether to have it above the status icons or temporarily hide the icons for notification?

If im not mistaken it was above the icons in honeycomb but not sure about jellybean

Personal preference and from what I have seen on the tablets I have played with and my own, have it hide the icons for notification. Just my two cents.

Deckoz2302

Dec 3, 2012
Raleigh
Update in OP

Now fully themed. Notifications fixed. Updated install inscructions. Suggest running build.prop at 320dpi to keep one handed use available on samsung apps. Uploaded original Samsung Keyboard for anyone that flashed the 240dpi version. Suggested DPI settings have been listed at the bottom of the OP.

I should have a themed Multiwindow bar up by the end of the day. Sorry for the delay guys just hard to get things done when you work 70 hours a week and are on the road all the time. Anyway, Im playing around with integrating the Quicklaunch Settings into our actual settings application that way you guys can get rid of the annoying screenshot button and change it to either app drawer/screenshot/camera/search or none

Just about right

Jul 14, 2007
I see you use both twrp and cwm. Can you have both installed at the same time? Im on twrp and when I try to flash this mod it doesnt show up in twrp.

No, I only have one at a time but both on my external sd for quick flashing to either one. You can't flash this mod. It is a series of files that need moved over and if you are on twrp, it makes it even easier. I was trying to do it all through root explorer. Big issues and once I was instructed that using the file manager in twrp is easier, it made getting this running a lot easier. Let me know if you need assistance, I would be glad to help.

Reactions: ahfu25

Deckoz2302

Dec 3, 2012
Raleigh
I see you use both twrp and cwm. Can you have both installed at the same time? Im on twrp and when I try to flash this mod it doesnt show up in twrp.

This is not a flashable mod. You need use root explorer to replace the files...I say this because if you use root explorer you will more then likely take the time to create backups and copies of your files so if you don't like it you can revert. Please follow directions in OP. If you must install through twrp though.

1. Click Mount - Check "Mount System". Then hit back
2. Click Advanced
3. Click File Manager then navigate to the first downloaded file.
4. Click on the file and then click copy.
5. Navigate to the directory that that file needs to be placed in and click select.
6. Repeat for all 3 files.
7. Reboot
8. Follow instructions in op for setting up xposed

Reactions: ahfu25

ahfu25

Dec 10, 2006
Queens
No, I only have one at a time but both on my external sd for quick flashing to either one. You can't flash this mod. It is a series of files that need moved over and if you are on twrp, it makes it even easier. I was trying to do it all through root explorer. Big issues and once I was instructed that using the file manager in twrp is easier, it made getting this running a lot easier. Let me know if you need assistance, I would be glad to help.

Can you link me to the flashable twrp file? From there I can figure it all out. I like cwm but I was re-instaling the de-odex rom to get back to twrp..sucks but Im a flash whore anyways..lol

Just about right

Jul 14, 2007
This is not a flashable mod. You need use root explorer to replace the files...I say this because if you use root explorer you will more then likely take the time to create backups and copies of your files so if you don't like it you can revert. Please follow directions in OP. If you must install through twrp though.

1. Click Mount - Check "Mount System". Then hit back
2. Click Advanced
3. Click File Manager then navigate to the first downloaded file.
4. Click on the file and then click copy.
5. Navigate to the directory that that file needs to be placed in and click select.
6. Repeat for all 3 files.
7. Reboot
8. Follow instructions in op for setting up xposed

You beat me to the punch. I was waiting to see if he wanted the help. Nice and I think it should go on the first post with the current updates. This new mod is rocking. Changed a few of my settings, but working through it now. You're the man!

ahfu25

Dec 10, 2006
Queens
You beat me to the punch. I was waiting to see if he wanted the help. Nice and I think it should go on the first post with the current updates. This new mod is rocking. Changed a few of my settings, but working through it now. You're the man!

I used root explorer and made back ups and all. Didnt work for me. I must be doing something wrong..I'll keep trying after the games tonight. Thank you for this mod though!

iflip

Apr 1, 2010
Do you have a mod for the tablet ui from the nexus 7 where the notifications come from the top like the phones and the navigation buttons are at the bottom. I guess that's called the phablet ui

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Deckoz2302

Dec 3, 2012
Raleigh
Do you have a mod for the tablet ui from the nexus 7 where the notifications come from the top like the phones and the navigation buttons are at the bottom. I guess that's called the phablet ui

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

No. If im not mistaken phablet ui is as simple as changing the dpi to 170 on the nexus 7. This is more of a port from a galaxy tab 7/note 10.1 as this is for stock touchwiz based roms where the nexus is asop based.

guthrien

Feb 26, 2011
This is really brilliant. In my opinion the worst part of the Note it's inappropriate use of the space. While the PA roms are getting there this allows the best of both worlds. Thank you! Also glad you're updating directions. Sometimes kind of ambiguous.

Deckoz2302

Dec 3, 2012
Raleigh
This is really brilliant. In my opinion the worst part of the Note it's inappropriate use of the space. While the PA roms are getting there this allows the best of both worlds. Thank you! Also glad you're updating directions. Sometimes kind of ambiguous.

Thanks man. I have to agree. I hated the stock ui and how much space it wasted. Also with it being such a big phone I couldn't reach the status bar with my thumb while using one hand so that's where this came from

I think pretty much all the kinks are worked out as far as the actual alignment issues provided that your settings for dpi are listed like in the OP. I have been trying to wrap my head around how to get the damn Quicklaunch button hook into a program to be able to change it like the stock galaxy tab settings..but its a ***** lol I have tried quite a few different hooks inside the systemui just to see which variable array that ID is working off of lol...haha Ill get there eventually.

Anyway I hope the directions are fine. If anyone has any problems let me know and I will try to update them.

ahfu25

Dec 10, 2006
Queens
Now after first step of overwriting sytem ui I get the message "Unfortunately,System UI has stopped." I cant do anything after that Nothing works...I quit..lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Removed. Full rom available

TransNebula Tab
    Almost done making this mod flashable....gotta edit see settings some more and android policy. As well edit systemui to be compatible with beans custom status bar settings... but the change list so far is

-minimize working
    -quicksettings added in to select screenshot/app drawer/ search/none
    -multiwindow manager xposed hook injected(so app selection works
    -multidpi samsung keyboard
    -themed
    -settings no longer crashing when set at a tablet dpi..
    -corrected icon sizes

Anyway few more days hopefully...and once its finished it should be damn near perfect and I should be able to convince beans to include it in upcoming updates

Preview
    20130709105738_zps0dfa9453.png

20130709105559_zps30958625.png

Excuse the galaxy nexus model number I just got done setting up wallet...again lol
    Ok soooo...I had to start all over but this should end up being a little better

-wanam lidroid 23 toggles? (I had it workibg before I started over so hooray?!)
    -resized the extended status bar
    -1% battery mod
    -removed ima and wifi ongoing noti
    -themed ics blue (not in pic but its done!)
    -changed settings intent launch
    -miui battery bar
    -fixed keyboard so SPen still works
    -fixed keyboard to work from 160-320dpi
    -fixed stock contacts to remove the alignment issue with the search panel on call log/favorites/contacts
    -themed framework
    -fixed reboot menu
    -tablet browser

20130716085600_zps4764cd22.png

Sorry I keep pushing this back I just want it to be perfect. It should work on any VZW based rom...soon guys I promise
    Ok guys. Getting very close. Im thinking about releasing build 1 late saturday. The rom will be called Trans-Nebula Tab.....

Preview..lol

20130731150711_zps1c87464b.png
    This is just a preliminary release so no theming etc - to go into settings long press a toggle....

Let me know what all you guys notice aside from the following

-keyboard switcher
    -settungs crashes on opening when using launcher or icon but not toggles
    -power menu is white

http://db.tt/9u7Ccxem

Flash in twrp then goto mount and mount system. Go back goto advanced and file manager. Navigate to system/etc/permissions and delete com.sec.feature.multiwindow.phone.xml

This will keep one handed operation
    Set contacts to 320dpi @ 480x854
    Calculator 320 @ 480 x 854
    Camera 320 dpi @ 480x854
    Phone 320 dpi @ 480 x854

This will fix the only other alignment issue I know of
    Clock 320 @ 480 x 854 keeps desk clock lined up