Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Bricked g2 please help

86 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By Pdoubleo315, Member on 20th March 2014, 02:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I tried almost every way i saw on the forums, i have a d802 rom on my ls980 when I go to lg flash stock it fails and says cannot cross install d802 to ls980. Ive seen some with the same problem, if anyone has a solution please Help,I used optimus 1 click tool and it factory reset my phone but it was still on the same rom and now I cant even get into download mode.

Sent from my MB855 using xda app-developers app

20th March 2014, 02:16 PM |#2  
OP Member

More
I have optimus G pro 2 build, no recovery mode, the touch screen is off so it's difficult for me to maneuver around the phone, I can get it into USB debugging mode, I'm not sure if the factory reset remove the root or not. when I hold all three buttons volume up volume down and power key it goes into this mode asking me if I want to use the volume keys to answer the phone. as I think of the rest of the problems I will post them. thanks in advance

20th March 2014, 11:13 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Ok so I was able to get back into download mode, I tried to flash back to stock and this is what I keep getting

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1395349953555.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	2641221  
20th March 2014, 11:51 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Not sure but try this http://www.lg-phones.org/how-to-flas...-to-stock.html
The Following User Says Thank You to 4rsenal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 4rsenal Ad-Free
21st March 2014, 08:14 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
What is your g2 model number
If your g2 is ls980 and lg flash tool think it is d802 try flash with d802 tot file first
note . You must use dll from kdz firmware
Extract dll from kdz using kdz extractor
Dll name must name as LGUP_XXXX
Flash with d802 tot
After you g2 will force to fastboot mode
That fastboot we need
If u are on fastboot
eras your recovery and flash your original laf.img using fastboot (You can find this tut by google suck as lg g2 fastboot)
that will make your download mode came back and now u can flash with your ls980 tot firmware without error

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app
22nd March 2014, 04:52 AM |#6  
OP Member

More
Please give this to me for dummies, im a noob, I need plain instructions so simple A baby could understand, and thanks for reply

22nd March 2014, 06:04 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdoubleo315

Please give this to me for dummies, im a noob, I need plain instructions so simple A baby could understand, and thanks for reply

Did you have a custom recovery installed (like TWRP)?
22nd March 2014, 06:05 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 98

More
i too need help with this. what I really need to know is if I flash the ls980zv7 .tot will I be able to then update OTA to get to ls980zv8 then to the latest ls980ZVA?
22nd March 2014, 06:09 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu Nazir

i too need help with this. what I really need to know is if I flash the ls980zv7 .tot will I be able to then update OTA to get to ls980zv8 then to the latest ls980ZVA?

I've never tried that with ls980, but I've done it with my vs980 a bunch of times. Should work the same for ls980.
The Following User Says Thank You to stillwaiting255 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stillwaiting255 Ad-Free
22nd March 2014, 06:24 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillwaiting255

I've never tried that with ls980, but I've done it with my vs980 a bunch of times. Should work the same for ls980.

ok thanks for the reply. I just got my g2 2 days ago wasn't paying attention and pulled a dummy move and formatted data instead of formatting system and erased everything off the phone. erased my nandroid, efs, etc. I still have twrp but since my efs partions are gone my thinking was I should just go back to stock. I could side load but I really wanted to figure this out so if I ever have a warrenty issue I will know how to get the phone back to out of box stock. I got the phone brand new with LS980ZVA on it. any suggestions? should I side load? what about efs? also I don't mean to hijack this thread. thanks for any help in advance
22nd March 2014, 06:34 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu Nazir

ok thanks for the reply. I just got my g2 2 days ago wasn't paying attention and pulled a dummy move and formatted data instead of formatting system and erased everything off the phone. erased my nandroid, efs, etc. I still have twrp but since my efs partions are gone my thinking was I should just go back to stock. I could side load but I really wanted to figure this out so if I ever have a warrenty issue I will know how to get the phone back to out of box stock. I got the phone brand new with LS980ZVA on it. any suggestions? should I side load? what about efs? also I don't mean to hijack this thread. thanks for any help in advance

I've done the exact same thing that you did and I found it was easier to revert back to stock but I guess it depends on how familar you are with the process of doing so. It's definately worth learning as well. Plenty of good forums on how to do it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)