Quasi bootloop

Search This thread

leathan

Sep 15, 2013
I have 2 phones.

1 old.
1 new.

I nandroided the old(nuetrino rom) and installed on the new.

Turned on the new and it all worked.

Rebooted the new and it all worked.

For whatever reason i changed roms, then reinstalled the original nandroid on the new. and bootloop. after I tried ~80times to reboot it worked. Then when I rebooted it bootlooped again. ~80 tries more it worked. Now I think this might sound crazy but the only times it turns on is when the battery is at 100%?

I just charged the battery to 100% and tried again and it worked.

Could this be possible? If so what should I do? Otherwise if not so why is it boot looping ~80 times then working!! What problems could arrise from nandroiding one phone to the other. I noticed the android ID's are the same, and also the hostnames are the same? could this be causing a problem during the init scripts? would changing this help?

Or is this a problem with the new phone?

The bootloop occurs after finishing the bootlogo and right before you normally go to the phones "desktop"

Also if I nandroid a copy of CM10.1 from the old phone to the new it never bootloops. But if I manually try to install Neutrino.zip via CWM it does bootloop.

leathan

Sep 15, 2013
Ok battery at 100% wasnt the solution.. but i still think this is related to battery?

Also I see ro.bootloader=unknown

Is that normal for the bootloader to be unknown?

leathan

Sep 15, 2013
Ok battery at 100% wasnt the solution.. but i still think this is related to battery?

Also I see ro.bootloader=unknown

Is that normal for the bootloader to be unknown?
I just switched roms since having to reboot 80 times to get things working was annoying, but ill leave this thread open in the hopes someone knows what was happening.

I cant seem to get nuetrino rom working without the bootloops on my new phone, it had nothing to do with the nandroid. every other nandroid from my old phone works except nandroids of nuetrino rom.

EDIT: If a mod sees this feel free to delete this thread. The problem magically went away, well I don't know what happened. I just waited a few days then tried the same steps again and it appears to be working now with the same nandroid. Sorry to anyones time who I waisted.

Last edited: