Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[Q] Updating to NE6 Firmware

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By sunnyboymark, Junior Member on 27th May 2014, 09:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm on a Stock Rooted with Custom Recovery. how Can I update the firmware?

27th May 2014, 09:52 AM |#2  
Flag Bakersfield, California
Thanks Meter: 6,121

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up re: NE6 upgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyboymark

I'm on a Stock Rooted with Custom Recovery. how Can I update the firmware?

You need to download and Odin flash the official stock N900T NE6 firmware.
Here is the direct fast download link for it:
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358537528
The zip file also contains Odin, CF-Autoroot and TWRP 2.7.0.1 recovery.
Unzip the file into a new folder in windows desktop.

Be sure to go into recovery before Odin flashing NE6 and do a factory data reset
and a full wipe. Then Odin flash the TAR/MD5 firmware.
After successful odin flash, put the phone into download mode again and
flash cf-autoroot and the TWRP 2.7.0.1 tar files.

If you want more information and or instructions here is the link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...60&postcount=2

Good luck!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Misterjunky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Misterjunky Ad-Free
27th May 2014, 05:33 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Exclamation ???
Ok So I did all the above and it worked good. I have all the New "Features". However, Baseband is still NB4 while the Build Version is NE6. Shall i try to fix this or leave well enough alone?
28th May 2014, 02:05 AM |#4  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,005

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ok So I did all the above and it worked good. I have all the New "Features". However, Baseband is still NB4 while the Build Version is NE6. Shall i try to fix this or leave well enough alone?

run triangle away v3.26.apk from chainfire, when you apply the info. it will shut down, power off, then boot to bootloader and flash firmware, that was the easiest way for the modem, baseband to stick....
28th May 2014, 02:08 AM |#5  
Flag Saint Paul
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:

Fix it! I think the baseband is partly to blame for the the data drops in nb4. And I'm getting way better battery life as well. To get the new baseband to stick download Triangle Away then reflash in Odin. Worked for me. Id recommend you wipe your data too. http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...v3-10-t1494114

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
28th May 2014, 02:33 AM |#6  
Same question....
Quote:

Same question? Or do I need to update the Modem? (Baseband)?

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcartguy

Same question? Or do I need to update the Modem? (Baseband)?

Sorry, got the answer. (You guys replied before I refreshed the browser page)
Thanks all. 5 min wait....
28th May 2014, 06:28 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Triangle Away
I Don't see how using Triangle Away can help me update my baseband to NE6. I installed it to my phone but see no options for updating. I need more details on what to do here.....thx
29th May 2014, 03:53 PM |#8  
Quote:

I Don't see how using Triangle Away can help me update my baseband to NE6. I installed it to my phone but see no options for updating. I need more details on what to do here.....thx

Use Triangle Away to reset your flash counter and make it official. Then flash NE6 with Odin/Mobile Odin to get latest baseband.
The Following User Says Thank You to CravingMender9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CravingMender9 Ad-Free
30th May 2014, 11:50 PM |#9  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 183

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulisola

Use Triangle Away to reset your flash counter and make it official. Then flash NE6 with Odin/Mobile Odin to get latest baseband.

do i need to be on stock nb4 kernel then use triangle away or does using triangle away good enough to start the process?
31st May 2014, 12:38 AM |#10  
Flag Metro NY area
Thanks Meter: 495

More
Just did this today, you need to be on a stock samsung kernel for triangle away the warning is VERY clear in the app. Personally, when a developer says "do it this way, or you will have a problem" I take their advice.

Read carefully and follow ALL of the instructions very carefully as well.

There are at least two different threads covering how to flash this. One has "stock ODEX" {{ http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2713354 }}, the other has "stock Deodexed" {{ http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2761451 }}

Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to SEB1109 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SEB1109 Ad-Free
31st May 2014, 05:13 AM |#11  
Flag Fort Myers, Fla
Thanks Meter: 1,313

Donate to Me
More
There is "NO" way to update officially to NE6 if you have rooted, modded, used a custom recovery in the past on you Note 3.

If you have tripped knox in any way, you will already have the bootloader you need to be on, and can flash the new stock rom from the forum.

If you have not tripped knox, have no custom recovery, have never done anything to your phone, then you are free to get the update as TMO pushes it out.
The Following User Says Thank You to dragonstalker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dragonstalker Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)