FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [S4] [OFFICIAL] BAKED BlackBean 7 (JB 4.2.1) (1/22/13)

3,486 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,535

By klin1344, Senior Member on 23rd January 2013, 03:33 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd January 2013, 04:55 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cerritos, CA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknites

For working Camera here are the files you need. You can try flashing it but good luck with that lol but if you place the files into the rom zip and fresh flash then it should be working.

Thanks for this. Do you mind if I modify it attach it to the OP for those who want a temporary camera fix? I took a look and all it includes is the kernel, the hardware lib, and the Camera apk. I will take out the kernel since it's not needed.
The Following User Says Thank You to klin1344 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift klin1344 Ad-Free
23rd January 2013, 04:56 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 2,586

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by klin1344

Thanks for this. Do you mind if I attach it to the OP for those who want a temporary camera fix?

Ya np dude. Oh loving this rom even if the tearing is doing my head in lol. Oh the kernel is needed for some reason even tho the file size is the same but it is different.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darknites For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Darknites Ad-Free
23rd January 2013, 05:02 AM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cerritos, CA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ya np dude. Oh loving this rom even if the tearing is doing my head in lol. Oh the kernel is needed for some reason even tho the file size is the same but it is different.

Really? The reason I removed it was because the kernel included in this ROM has the latest commits included, but I'll re upload with the kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to klin1344 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift klin1344 Ad-Free
23rd January 2013, 05:04 AM |#24  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by klin1344

Really? The reason I removed it was because the kernel included in this ROM has the latest commits included, but I'll re upload with the kernel.

Yep I did test without it because at first I just looked at the file size but I still had too fastboot the boot.img for it to work. I don't think any of the camera stuff is up yet but thats just me guessing.
23rd January 2013, 05:07 AM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cerritos, CA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yep I did test without it because at first I just looked at the file size but I still had too fastboot the boot.img for it to work. I don't think any of the camera stuff is up yet but thats just me guessing.

Thanks. I re added the boot.img and modified the updater-script to flash the kernel, so no need for fastboot anymore.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to klin1344 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift klin1344 Ad-Free
23rd January 2013, 05:42 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
i tried flashing this with the camera fix and it stays stuck on the htc splash screen.. any ideas?
23rd January 2013, 05:47 AM |#27  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure03

i tried flashing this with the camera fix and it stays stuck on the htc splash screen.. any ideas?

It shouldn't of done that, which zip did you use? you could try this and then reflash the rom also make sure boot.img is flashed.
Quote:

If you open both with winrar and then drag and drop the system folder and the boot.img from my zip to the rom zip then flash the rom.

23rd January 2013, 05:50 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 598

More
@Darknites, I wanna make sure I did everything right.
1.opened both zips
2. copied all files in the cam fix
3. pasted all files in bb7 zip, waited for them to copy.
4. flash in recovery.
is that all?
23rd January 2013, 05:52 AM |#29  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_rick13

@Darknites, I wanna make sure I did everything right.
1.opened both zips
2. copied all files in the cam fix
3. pasted all files in bb7 zip, waited for them to copy.
4. flash in recovery.
is that all?

Yep as long you just open them and not click into a folder. Oh not the META-INF folder but I'm sure you know that one.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darknites For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Darknites Ad-Free
23rd January 2013, 05:55 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:

It shouldn't of done that, which zip did you use? you could try this and then reflash the rom also make sure boot.img is flashed.

which kernel do i flash? the one located in the camera fix or the one found in bb7?

and we dont copy over the files located in the meta-inf folder?

Thanks!
23rd January 2013, 05:56 AM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure03

which kernel do i flash? the one located in the camera fix or the one found in bb7?

Thanks!

The camera fix one.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)