[ROM] Infused v2.2.3 - (09/23)

Search This thread

gtg465x

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2008
Notice:
This thread is for development discussion, feedback, and bug reports only. If you have a general question or need help installing the ROM, please use the Q&A thread linked to below. If you would like to report a bug, please read the first post of the Q&A thread before posting the report here.

[Q&A] Infused v2 ROM

Infused v2 Gingerbread

Features:

Kernel:
-Voodoo lagfix by supercurio! (all partitions converted to ext4)
-CWM w/ ext4 support and Voodoo lagfix config options built in
-Lowmemkiller tweaks
-Background writeout tweaks
-Init.d script support

ROM:
-Based on Rogers UXKG3 firmware
-Rooted
-Busybox
-Fully deodexed and zipaligned
-Removed bloatware (Buddies Now, Days, Dual Clock, Facebook, Mini Diary, Protips, Rogers My Account, Samsung Apps, urMusic, and Write and Go)
Two launchers to choose from:
  • Optimized TouchWiz 3 launcher with Galaxy S II inspired theme
  • AOSP launcher
-Galaxy S II lockscreen
-Lightly themed (Galaxy S II inspired launcher theme, Galaxy S II icons, dark Gingerbread style menus, and a couple other things)
-CM7 style battery icon with 1% accuracy
-Extra notification sounds and ringtones from CM7
-Nexus boot animation
-Galaxy S II wallpapers
-CRT screen off animation
-Extended power menu with reboot, recovery, and download options
-Modded logs provider (text messages will not be displayed in the phone log)
-Modded camera:
  • Allows taking pictures with the power button
  • Works with less than 15% battery and during calls
-Additional screen timeout options (30 minutes and never)
-Mobile AP and USB tethering
-Ad blocking via hosts file
-Updated Google apps
-Unbranded Market
-Kies Air (this a very cool app)
-AppWidgetPicker (organizes widgets into groups)
-Automatic zipalign at boot (init.d script)
-Power on and charging full sounds disabled
-Wifi scan interval set to 120 seconds to reduce battery drain (default was 15)
-Browser home page set to Google and Rogers bookmarks removed
-Quite a few addons available!

BETA 2 Changelog:
Kernel:
-Lowmemkiller tweaks
-Init.d script support
ROM:
-Theme modifications: Messaging and Settings
-Updated Adobe Flash, Gmail, and Street View
-Switched Nexus live wallpaper out for the Nexus S version
-Added automatic zipalign at boot (init.d script)
-Changed GPRS class to 12
-Changed default UI selection sound
-Disabled power on and charging full sounds
-Fixed a bug in the TouchWiz wallpaper chooser
-Fixed busybox installation
-Fixed permissions to match the UXKG3 release build
-Cleaned up unnecessary libs and binaries only found in the UXKG3 test build
-Removed MediaHub (Purchased content would not play. UXKG3 is probably missing some drm files since it didn't ship with MediaHub.)

BETA 3 Changelog:
ROM:
-Galaxy S II lockscreen
-Fixed Adobe Flash
-Changed hsxpa to 2 (for real this time)
-Updated BusyBox to version 1.18.4 (fixes some things in root apps)
-Removed AOSP Gingerbread launcher (it can be a bit laggy with UXKG3 for some reason)
New Addons:
-Enable AOSP lockscreen
-Change overscroll from bounce to glow (AOSP yellow)
-Change overscroll from bounce to glow (Samsung blue)
-Disable all overscroll effects
-Disable CM7 style battery w/ percent
-Revert to the default Infused configuration
Tip:
-There is still some lockscreen lag, but it's only visual. If you quickly drag your finger across the screen it will unlock just as quickly as on Froyo builds despite the background taking a second to start moving. Luckily the Galaxy S II lockscreen makes it much easier to unlock directly to missed calls and messages.

v2.0.0 Stable Changelog:
Kernel:
-Rainbows fixed by LinuxBozo. CWM, video playback, and the camera viewfinder are all rainbow free and working perfectly now!
-Battery charge current property fixed by Entropy512. This should fix apps like Current Widget.
ROM:
-Set wifi scan interval to 120 seconds (hopefully this will improve battery life a bit when wifi is enabled but not connected)

v2.0.1 Changelog:
Kernel:
-Disabled Carrier IQ. It's a service that runs in the background and collects and sends anonymous network statistics to carriers. It was eating cpu cycles and nothing about this was good.
ROM:
-Removed Carrier IQ
-New AOSP style notification pulldown theme

v2.0.4 Changelog:
-Another attempt to fix HSPA+ (modified CSC, stock Froyo APNs, and UCKE3 modem)

v2.0.5 Changelog:
-Brand new modem and ril for you guys to test (KH2 from the Galaxy S 4G)

v2.1.0 Changelog:
LinuxBozo's Hellraiser Beta 6 Kernel:
-Enabled TinyRCU (Entropy512)
-Added Simple IO Scheduler (drowningchild)
-Conservative governor tweaked and set as default (LinuxBozo, netarchy)
-Added interactive governor with tweaks (LinuxBozo, netarchy)
-Added smartass governor (LinuxBozo)
-Added Voodoo Sound v10 (partially working) (Entropy512, bedwa)
-Various fixes
ROM:
-Changed to Nexus boot animation and disabled shutdown animation
-Enabled ad blocking via hosts file
-Brought back the AOSP launcher (now lag free thanks to conservative gov)
-Updated to the new Market, modified to fix the insufficient space error
-Updated Maps, YouTube, and Swype
-Removed Samsung Apps
-Dalvik VM heap size changed from 64M to 48M so less RAM is wasted
-Reverted to UXKG3 ril and UCKE3 modem
-New network tweaks which may improve network performance in some areas
-Fixed APNs for Rogers users and included more APNs for those on other carriers
-ROM package no longer does a full wipe (only /system is wiped)
-Brought back ROM Manager support

v2.2.0 Changelog:
-Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the phone to have no service if rebooted while charging
-Updated to the UCKI3 rils and modem to fix network speed issues
-Updated to the UCKI3 camera libs to fix video recording framerate
-Updated to the latest Market (3.1.5) and modified it to fix the insufficient space error
-Updated Google Maps

v2.2.1 Changelog:
-Fixed GPS (Locks, especially the first one, may be a bit slow though. Test it out a bit and report your findings.)
-Updated to the UCKI4 rils and modem (Let me know if your speeds are still as good as they were with v2.2.0/UCKI3)

v2.2.2 Changelog:
-Reverted to KG3 rils and GPS files so that GPS will work well for everyone (Hopefully this doesn't mess up our improved network speeds. I suspect it may for some, but we'll see. If it does, try the KI3 modem as well.)

v2.2.3 Changelog:
-Reverted to the KI3 modem (Seems to work better than KI4 for most people. If you already flashed this modem on top of v2.2.2 there's no reason to flash this update.)

READ CAREFULLY - NEED TO KNOW INFORMATION:
1) Do NOT restore system data with Titanium Backup. Do NOT restore ALL apps with data. If you absolutely must restore something with Titanium Backup, only restore MISSING apps with data.

Tips and answers to common questions:
1) Animations are disabled by default. Enable them by going to Settings > Display > Animation and selecting "All Animations". If you don't do this, you won't see the CRT screen off animation!
2) If your GPS isn't locking, try this: Go to the phone app and dial *#*#3214789650#*#*. The Angry GPS configuration app will open. Clear GPS data and back out. It may help to reboot after doing that as well.
3) If the power widget isn't working and shows no icons, simply toggling something like GPS in the notification pulldown will fix it. This doesn't seem to be something I caused, but rather a bug in the Rogers shipping ROM. I believe a lot of Galaxy S Gingerbread builds have this problem as well, so it's a Samsung trademark.

ROM Manager Installation Instructions:
1) You must be rooted.
2) If you have a /Voodoo folder on your internal SD card, delete it and reboot.
3) If you're already running a custom ROM with Voodoo lagfix FULLY enabled, you can skip to step 7.
4) Download CWM-community-kernel-v8.zip if you're on Froyo or CWM-infused-v2.0.1-kernel.zip if you're on Gingerbread and place it on your internal SD card.
5) Install SGS Kernel Flasher from the Market.
6) Open SGS Kernel Flasher, select choose kernel, select the file you downloaded, and select flash kernel. Your phone will reboot and begin to enable Voodoo lagfix. Let it do that and boot all the way up. It will take a while (5-10 minutes) because it's converting all partitions to ext4.
7) If you're on Froyo, you must now install a file explorer like Root Explorer from the Market and use it to delete the file /system/bin/recovery. You will need to hit the "Mount R/W" button in Root Explorer before it will let you delete it. I can't stress this enough... you MUST MUST MUST delete that file before continuing or else you will get boot loops!
8) Now install ROM Manager from the Market and open it.
9) Select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and choose "Galaxy S i9000".
10) Now go to "Download ROM", select my section (gtg465x), select the latest Infused V2 release, and hit the download button.
11) At the "Installation Type" prompt, select full.
12) Select the addons you wish to install and then wait for ROM Manager to download the ROM. There is a note at the bottom of this post about which addons are not compatible with each other.
13) When you get to the "ROM Pre-Installation" prompt, you MUST check "Wipe Data and Cache" unless you're coming from Infused V2 BETA 1.
14) Press OK. Your phone will reboot and automatically install the ROM. Just sit back and relax.
15) Do NOT restore system data with Titanium Backup. Do NOT restore ALL apps with data. If you absolutely must restore something with Titanium Backup, only restore MISSING apps with data.

CWM Installation Instructions:
1) You must be rooted.
3) If you're already running a custom ROM with Voodoo lagfix FULLY enabled, you can skip to step 7.
4) Download CWM-community-kernel-v8.zip if you're on Froyo or CWM-infused-v2.0.1-kernel.zip if you're on Gingerbread and place it on your internal SD card.
6) Open SGS Kernel Flasher, select choose kernel, select the file you downloaded, and select flash kernel. Your phone will reboot and begin to enable Voodoo lagfix. Let it do that and boot all the way up. It will take a while (5-10 minutes) because it's converting all partitions to ext4.
7) Download update-infused-v2.X.X-full.zip and place it on your internal SD card.
8) Power off your phone.
9) With the phone powered off, hold both volume keys and the power button for about 10 seconds and then release. This should boot you into RED CWM.
10) Select "install zip from sdcard" and select update-infused-v2.X.X-full.zip.
11) Once that finishes, select "wipe data/factory reset".
12) Select "reboot system now".
13) Do NOT restore system data with Titanium Backup. Do NOT restore ALL apps with data. If you absolutely must restore something with Titanium Backup, only restore MISSING apps with data.

How to manually install an update to Infused:
1) Make sure the vX.X.X portion of the update file name (update-infused-vX.X.X-vY.Y.Y-update.zip) matches the version of Infused you're currently running.
2) Download update-infused-vX.X.X-vY.Y.Y-update.zip and place it on your internal SD card.
3) Power off your phone.
4) With the phone powered off, hold both volume keys and the power button for about 10 seconds and then release. This should boot you into red CWM.
5) Select "install zip from sdcard" and select update-infused-vX.X.X-vY.Y.Y-update.zip.
6) Select "reboot system now".

Installing addons:
1) Install ROM Manager from the Market and open it.
2) Select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and choose "Galaxy S i9000".
3) Now go to "Download ROM", select my section (gtg465x), select the latest Infused V2 release, and hit the download button.
4) At the "Installation Type" prompt, select "Addons only".
5) Select the addons you wish to install and then wait for ROM Manager to download them. There is a note at the bottom of this post about which addons are not compatible with each other.
6) When you get to the "ROM Pre-Installation" prompt, you can uncheck "Wipe Dalvik Cache" and press OK.
7) Your phone will reboot and automatically install the addons. Just sit back and relax.

Known issues:
-No HDMI support. It was not present in the Rogers base ROM.

----ROM----

update-infused-v2.2.3-full.zip (180MB)
update-infused-v2.2.2-v2.2.3-update.zip (9MB)
update-infused-v2.1.0-v2.2.3-update.zip (12MB)

----Kernels----

CWM-infused-v2.0.1-kernel.zip

----Addons----

-Enable AOSP lockscreen

Note about addons: The only overscroll addon that is compatible with "Disable CM7 style battery w/ percent" is "Change overscroll from bounce to glow (AOSP yellow)", and for that to work you need to flash "Change overscroll from bounce to glow (AOSP yellow)" first. "Change overscroll from bounce to glow (Samsung blue)" and "Disable all overscroll effects" will not work with "Disable CM7 style battery w/ percent".

----Old versions----

update-infused-v2.2.1-full.zip

I do this for fun so you shouldn't feel any obligation to donate, but here's a link if you want to. Donations of any amount are very much appreciated.

Last edited:

gtg465x

Jun 16, 2008
Screenshots:

snap20110804014319.png

snap20110804012630.png

snap20110804012651.png

snap20110804012606.png

snap20110809013623.png

snap20110804012704.png

snap20110804013258.png

Last edited:

aintwaven

Jul 13, 2009
Tecumseh, OK
I am running 2.0.2 and my brother has an untouched stock phone. We are in Oklahoma, and we have done several dl speed tests. There is no difference at all between the two phones.

JordanElliott

Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
I am running 2.0.2 and my brother has an untouched stock phone. We are in Oklahoma, and we have done several dl speed tests. There is no difference at all between the two phones.

Glad to hear. I wonder if the apns conf in 2.0.2 is what fixed it?? Did u have the same with 2.0.1?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using XDA Premium App

tyshemi

May 28, 2011
ANKENY,iowa
Gtg I forgot to tell you I had to flash the market fix after every few downloads. I assumes the market updater fixed your patch?

the2rrell

Jun 27, 2011
Kernel?

Does using the Infuse GB kernel 1.0 make a difference with what your testing for gtg.

is the infuse kernel you included any better/makes no difference or what?

upgrading to 2.0.4 later tonight. to see if it will fix the HSPA issue.

JordanElliott

Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Does using the Infuse GB kernel 1.0 make a difference with what your testing for gtg.

Therr was no kernel changed since 2.0.1. If there was u would.see kernel: blablabla and then rom: blablabla

gtg465x

Jun 16, 2008

Kernel shouldn't make a difference for network speed testing. At least not in this case.

gtg465x

Jun 16, 2008
Just an FYI... v2.0.4 may be no better than v2.0.1. In fact, if it doesn't fix HSPA+, it could actually be worse if battery life degrades as well. There have been no real improvements since v2.0.1... just attempts to fix HSPA+. If you're happy with your network speeds on v2.0.1, I recommend staying there for now.

JordanElliott

Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Just an FYI... v2.0.4 may be no better than v2.0.1. In fact, if it doesn't fix HSPA+, it could actually be worse if battery life degrades as well. There have been no real improvements since v2.0.1... just attempts to fix HSPA+. If you're happy with your network speeds on v2.0.1, I recommend staying there for now.

Yea. Currently on 2.0.1 now

btothec

May 11, 2011

I am in oklahoma city and never got above 2Mbps ever on my infused with (2. 02). I have a grandfathered unlimited plan from my iPhone days. I read a thread on xda that said they might not have transitioned my plan correctly and gave the codes that I should have when i call. So I talked to About 5 different reps all of them told me I had to lose unlimited to get 4g speeds. Finally one of them switched my plan for me and when I got off the phone I rebooted the phone and got 5.55Mbps. I am curious what speeds you are seeing and if you came from an. IPhone or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using XDA App

C

carloss86

Hi GTG.

First of all, I love your work.

I flashed the 2.4 ROM tonight. I am experiencing a problem. I cannot make calls with the ROM, I can with the other ROMs so the phone is fine. The call icon in the top bar remains there after I try to end the call. Hope this helps, if you need anything from me to help solve this let me know.

Thanks

Carl.

tyshemi

May 28, 2011
ANKENY,iowa
I hate asking noob questions, BUT I gotta. I'm on 2.02, so would you recommend moving to 2.04 or staying put? I'm happy to flash and do my part to help.

Thanks.

Should be in q&a . And if your happy stay where you are. If you are in a backhaul hspa + area and want more speed flash.But read the post from gtg there is a q&a please post that stuff there

Last edited:

tyshemi

May 28, 2011
ANKENY,iowa
Hi GTG.

I flashed the 2.4 ROM tonight. I am experiencing a problem. I cannot make calls with the ROM, I can with the other ROMs so the phone is fine. The call icon in the top bar remains there after I try to end the call. Hope this helps, if you need anything from me to help solve this let me know.

Thanks

Carl.

Did you restore with titanium backup

gtg465x

Jun 16, 2008
I hate asking noob questions, BUT I gotta. I'm on 2.02, so would you recommend moving to 2.04 or staying put? I'm happy to flash and do my part to help.

Thanks.

Same applies for v2.0.2 and v2.0.3. If you're happy with your network speeds, no reason to install v2.0.4 just yet. v2.0.4 is for those who haven't had great network speeds or working HSPA+ in previous versions. And it's a test version so I'm not guaranteeing it fixes HSPA+.

For future reference, please try to ask questions like this in the Q&A thread linked to in the first post.

gtg465x

Jun 16, 2008
Hi GTG.

Thanks

Carl.

Well that's certainly not good! May have to drop a v2.0.5 tonight!

C

carloss86

No, I did not. It said not to in the thread. I did a full wipe and install, I will wipe and try again now just to make sure and I will post the result.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Notice:
    This thread is for development discussion, feedback, and bug reports only. If you have a general question or need help installing the ROM, please use the Q&A thread linked to below. If you would like to report a bug, please read the first post of the Q&A thread before posting the report here.

[Q&A] Infused v2 ROM

Infused v2 Gingerbread

Features:

Kernel:
    -CWM w/ ext4 support and Voodoo lagfix config options built in
    -Lowmemkiller tweaks
    -Init.d script support

ROM:
    -Based on Rogers UXKG3 firmware
    -Rooted
    -Busybox
    -Fully deodexed and zipaligned
    -Removed bloatware (Buddies Now, Days, Dual Clock, Facebook, Mini Diary, Protips, Rogers My Account, Samsung Apps, urMusic, and Write and Go)
    Two launchers to choose from:
    • Optimized TouchWiz 3 launcher with Galaxy S II inspired theme
    • AOSP launcher
    -Galaxy S II lockscreen
    -Lightly themed (Galaxy S II inspired launcher theme, Galaxy S II icons, dark Gingerbread style menus, and a couple other things)
    -CM7 style battery icon with 1% accuracy
    -Extra notification sounds and ringtones from CM7
    -Nexus boot animation
    -Galaxy S II wallpapers
    -CRT screen off animation
    -Extended power menu with reboot, recovery, and download options
    -Modded logs provider (text messages will not be displayed in the phone log)
    -Modded camera:
    • Allows taking pictures with the power button
    • Works with less than 15% battery and during calls
    -Additional screen timeout options (30 minutes and never)
    -Mobile AP and USB tethering
    -Ad blocking via hosts file
    -Updated Google apps
    -Unbranded Market
    -Kies Air (this a very cool app)
    -AppWidgetPicker (organizes widgets into groups)
    -Automatic zipalign at boot (init.d script)
    -Power on and charging full sounds disabled
    -Wifi scan interval set to 120 seconds to reduce battery drain (default was 15)
    -Browser home page set to Google and Rogers bookmarks removed
    -Quite a few addons available!

BETA 2 Changelog:
    Kernel:
    -Lowmemkiller tweaks
    -Init.d script support
    ROM:
    -Theme modifications: Messaging and Settings
    -Updated Adobe Flash, Gmail, and Street View
    -Switched Nexus live wallpaper out for the Nexus S version
    -Added automatic zipalign at boot (init.d script)
    -Changed GPRS class to 12
    -Changed default UI selection sound
    -Disabled power on and charging full sounds
    -Fixed a bug in the TouchWiz wallpaper chooser
    -Fixed busybox installation
    -Fixed permissions to match the UXKG3 release build
    -Cleaned up unnecessary libs and binaries only found in the UXKG3 test build
    -Removed MediaHub (Purchased content would not play. UXKG3 is probably missing some drm files since it didn't ship with MediaHub.)

BETA 3 Changelog:
    ROM:
    -Galaxy S II lockscreen
    -Fixed Adobe Flash
    -Changed hsxpa to 2 (for real this time)
    -Updated BusyBox to version 1.18.4 (fixes some things in root apps)
    -Removed AOSP Gingerbread launcher (it can be a bit laggy with UXKG3 for some reason)
    New Addons:
    -Enable AOSP lockscreen
    Tip:
    -There is still some lockscreen lag, but it's only visual. If you quickly drag your finger across the screen it will unlock just as quickly as on Froyo builds despite the background taking a second to start moving. Luckily the Galaxy S II lockscreen makes it much easier to unlock directly to missed calls and messages.

v2.0.0 Stable Changelog:
    Kernel:
    -Rainbows fixed by LinuxBozo. CWM, video playback, and the camera viewfinder are all rainbow free and working perfectly now!
    -Battery charge current property fixed by Entropy512. This should fix apps like Current Widget.
    ROM:
    -Set wifi scan interval to 120 seconds (hopefully this will improve battery life a bit when wifi is enabled but not connected)

v2.0.1 Changelog:
    Kernel:
    -Disabled Carrier IQ. It's a service that runs in the background and collects and sends anonymous network statistics to carriers. It was eating cpu cycles and nothing about this was good.
    ROM:
    -Removed Carrier IQ
    -New AOSP style notification pulldown theme

v2.0.4 Changelog:
    -Another attempt to fix HSPA+ (modified CSC, stock Froyo APNs, and UCKE3 modem)

v2.0.5 Changelog:
    -Brand new modem and ril for you guys to test (KH2 from the Galaxy S 4G)

v2.1.0 Changelog:
    -Various fixes
    ROM:
    -Enabled ad blocking via hosts file
    -Removed Samsung Apps

v2.2.0 Changelog:
    -Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the phone to have no service if rebooted while charging
    -Updated to the UCKI3 rils and modem to fix network speed issues
    -Updated to the UCKI3 camera libs to fix video recording framerate
    -Updated to the latest Market (3.1.5) and modified it to fix the insufficient space error
    -Updated Google Maps

v2.2.1 Changelog:
    -Fixed GPS (Locks, especially the first one, may be a bit slow though. Test it out a bit and report your findings.)
    -Updated to the UCKI4 rils and modem (Let me know if your speeds are still as good as they were with v2.2.0/UCKI3)

v2.2.2 Changelog:
    -Reverted to KG3 rils and GPS files so that GPS will work well for everyone (Hopefully this doesn't mess up our improved network speeds. I suspect it may for some, but we'll see. If it does, try the KI3 modem as well.)

v2.2.3 Changelog:
    -Reverted to the KI3 modem (Seems to work better than KI4 for most people. If you already flashed this modem on top of v2.2.2 there's no reason to flash this update.)

READ CAREFULLY - NEED TO KNOW INFORMATION:
    1) Do NOT restore system data with Titanium Backup. Do NOT restore ALL apps with data. If you absolutely must restore something with Titanium Backup, only restore MISSING apps with data.

Tips and answers to common questions:
    1) Animations are disabled by default. Enable them by going to Settings > Display > Animation and selecting "All Animations". If you don't do this, you won't see the CRT screen off animation!
    2) If your GPS isn't locking, try this: Go to the phone app and dial *#*#3214789650#*#*. The Angry GPS configuration app will open. Clear GPS data and back out. It may help to reboot after doing that as well.
    3) If the power widget isn't working and shows no icons, simply toggling something like GPS in the notification pulldown will fix it. This doesn't seem to be something I caused, but rather a bug in the Rogers shipping ROM. I believe a lot of Galaxy S Gingerbread builds have this problem as well, so it's a Samsung trademark.

ROM Manager Installation Instructions:
    1) You must be rooted.
    7) If you're on Froyo, you must now install a file explorer like Root Explorer from the Market and use it to delete the file /system/bin/recovery. You will need to hit the "Mount R/W" button in Root Explorer before it will let you delete it. I can't stress this enough... you MUST MUST MUST delete that file before continuing or else you will get boot loops!
    8) Now install ROM Manager from the Market and open it.
    9) Select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and choose "Galaxy S i9000".
    10) Now go to "Download ROM", select my section (gtg465x), select the latest Infused V2 release, and hit the download button.
    11) At the "Installation Type" prompt, select full.
    12) Select the addons you wish to install and then wait for ROM Manager to download the ROM. There is a note at the bottom of this post about which addons are not compatible with each other.
    13) When you get to the "ROM Pre-Installation" prompt, you MUST check "Wipe Data and Cache" unless you're coming from Infused V2 BETA 1.
    14) Press OK. Your phone will reboot and automatically install the ROM. Just sit back and relax.
    15) Do NOT restore system data with Titanium Backup. Do NOT restore ALL apps with data. If you absolutely must restore something with Titanium Backup, only restore MISSING apps with data.

CWM Installation Instructions:
    1) You must be rooted.
    7) Download update-infused-v2.X.X-full.zip and place it on your internal SD card.
    8) Power off your phone.
    9) With the phone powered off, hold both volume keys and the power button for about 10 seconds and then release. This should boot you into RED CWM.
    10) Select "install zip from sdcard" and select update-infused-v2.X.X-full.zip.
    11) Once that finishes, select "wipe data/factory reset".
    12) Select "reboot system now".
    13) Do NOT restore system data with Titanium Backup. Do NOT restore ALL apps with data. If you absolutely must restore something with Titanium Backup, only restore MISSING apps with data.

How to manually install an update to Infused:
    1) Make sure the vX.X.X portion of the update file name (update-infused-vX.X.X-vY.Y.Y-update.zip) matches the version of Infused you're currently running.
    2) Download update-infused-vX.X.X-vY.Y.Y-update.zip and place it on your internal SD card.
    3) Power off your phone.
    4) With the phone powered off, hold both volume keys and the power button for about 10 seconds and then release. This should boot you into red CWM.
    5) Select "install zip from sdcard" and select update-infused-vX.X.X-vY.Y.Y-update.zip.
    6) Select "reboot system now".

Installing addons:
    1) Install ROM Manager from the Market and open it.
    2) Select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and choose "Galaxy S i9000".
    3) Now go to "Download ROM", select my section (gtg465x), select the latest Infused V2 release, and hit the download button.
    4) At the "Installation Type" prompt, select "Addons only".
    5) Select the addons you wish to install and then wait for ROM Manager to download them. There is a note at the bottom of this post about which addons are not compatible with each other.
    6) When you get to the "ROM Pre-Installation" prompt, you can uncheck "Wipe Dalvik Cache" and press OK.
    7) Your phone will reboot and automatically install the addons. Just sit back and relax.

Known issues:
    -No HDMI support. It was not present in the Rogers base ROM.

----ROM----

update-infused-v2.2.3-full.zip (180MB)
    update-infused-v2.2.2-v2.2.3-update.zip (9MB)
    update-infused-v2.1.0-v2.2.3-update.zip (12MB)

----Kernels----

CWM-infused-v2.0.1-kernel.zip

----Addons----

-Enable AOSP lockscreen

Note about addons: The only overscroll addon that is compatible with "Disable CM7 style battery w/ percent" is "Change overscroll from bounce to glow (AOSP yellow)", and for that to work you need to flash "Change overscroll from bounce to glow (AOSP yellow)" first. "Change overscroll from bounce to glow (Samsung blue)" and "Disable all overscroll effects" will not work with "Disable CM7 style battery w/ percent".

----Old versions----

update-infused-v2.2.1-full.zip

I do this for fun so you shouldn't feel any obligation to donate, but here's a link if you want to. Donations of any amount are very much appreciated.

Pr3pare yourself...
    Aight let's bring this sucker up to speed. Haven't had a real update in a while. I recommend a full flash to ensure some of the new settings are applied and to prevent other possible problems, but update as you wish because the zip no longer performs a full wipe. Maybe at least wipe cache and dalvik-cache if you're going to update instead of install clean.

v2.1.0 Changelog:
    -Various fixes
    ROM:
    -Enabled add blocking via hosts file
    -Removed Samsung Apps
    It's only 1 week left till end of summer. ATT promised that Gingerbread will be coming soon with official ATT modem and you have to do full update when it will be incorporated. Why bother with all this beta versions if something big is just around the corner and shall probably fix all the speed issues.

This is xda. We are impatient. We don't sit back and wait for carriers.