16GB SD card

Search This thread

Nospin

Nov 20, 2010
It should work. But honestly, get the Amazon Basics Class 10 16GB microSD card. Faster and just as reliable. If it is available in your country that is.

Reactions: Jon3sey and lilzad

KyraOfFire

Feb 23, 2012
Champaign
i was thinking about getting a 16 gb sd card i found this card on ebay and was wondering if anyone can tell me if it would work with the phone as well if it was good. thank you
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280839293039?item=280839293039#ht_1476wt_1378

It looks like a good deal for me. It will work well for the phone and it is good if it's not a counterfeited one. Sandisk MicroSD are known to be counterfeited a lot, especially on eBay.

Btw, you don't need a class 10 card. For whatever you do with your phone, you don't need to write in 10MB/s. 1080p video from the G2, for example, has a bit rate of only 2.5MB/s.

edit: I found the same microSD, sold by the same merchant, and cheaper at Amazon UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-Cl...RFD2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332732612&sr=8-1

Last edited:
Reactions: lilzad

lilzad

Sep 26, 2010
It looks like a good deal for me. It will work well for the phone and it is good if it's not a counterfeited one. Sandisk MicroSD are known to be counterfeited a lot, especially on eBay.

Btw, you don't need a class 10 card. For whatever you do with your phone, you don't need to write in 10MB/s. 1080p video from the G2, for example, has a bit rate of only 2.5MB/s.

edit: I found the same microSD, sold by the same merchant, and cheaper at Amazon UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-Cl...RFD2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332732612&sr=8-1
ahh kl forgot bout amazon thnx i might get a 32gb 1 now :p

KyraOfFire

Feb 23, 2012
Champaign
i cant get the amazon basic not available here in the UK what about this 1? any good?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003HIWHN0/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=computers&psc=1
or should i just look for a class 10

The cheapest seller (currently Onebo, selling at £15) has only a 3.5/5 star rating, only 25% positive review. Some of the buyers complain that the microSD doesn't even have a Sandisk logo. I am not quite sure you want to buy from this seller.

I really recommend clicking the "63 new" line, them scroll down choosing Amazon UK as a seller. It's more expensive, but you're sure that you don't buy a fake card.

Regarding 64GB and class 10, it's totally your choice. 64 GB sure can store lots of stuff, and you can copy (from the computer) to the card quite fast.

In the other hand, 64GB class 10 card is about 3-4 times more expensive than the 32GB class 4 counter part. Not the most cost efficient option. In additional, the phone won't be able to utilize the class 10 bandwidth in most of your daily activities.

Edit: I bought a 32GB class 4 Kingston for HTC Vision, at $30 (around £15) shipped and sold by Amazon.com

Last edited:

lilzad

Sep 26, 2010
The cheapest seller (currently Onebo, selling at £15) has only a 3.5/5 star rating, only 25% positive review. Some of the buyers complain that the microSD doesn't even have a Sandisk logo. I am not quite sure you want to buy from this seller.

I really recommend clicking the "63 new" line, them scroll down choosing Amazon UK as a seller. It's more expensive, but you're sure that you don't buy a fake card.

Regarding 64GB and class 10, it's totally your choice. 64 GB sure can store lots of stuff, and you can copy (from the computer) to the card quite fast.

In the other hand, 64GB class 10 card is about 3-4 times more expensive than the 32GB class 4 counter part. Not the most cost efficient option. In additional, the phone won't be able to utilize the class 10 bandwidth in most of your daily activities.

Edit: I bought a 32GB class 4 Kingston for HTC Vision, at $30 (around £15) shipped and sold by Amazon.com

ok thanks bout that one as i did not really want to buy a card for $200+

sound2005

Mar 27, 2012
I usually buy all my memory cards from play.com

Used to be fast shipping but not anymore.

I've had so many phones in the past, but all the memory cards i have bought from here always works (i recommend you choose the sandisk cards)

blackknightavalon

Feb 1, 2009
Somewhere in NYC

The only two manufacturers that make 64GB cards are Kingmax (who built the card in the first place) and SanDisk (who doesn't make anything above a Class 6), and neither cards are Class 10. I'm actually pretty pleased with the 64GB card in my Doubleshot.

Oni-Musha

Jan 24, 2012
If you want to buy cheap original Kingstone class10 buy on dealextreme, there are in china, but the price is great!

EnricoTFYKD

Apr 14, 2012
Milano
bspt.altervista.org
About dealextreme: buying from that site is pretty much a hit-and-miss. I have actually bought a lot of stuff from there. They're cheap, but also terribly slow at shipping. They also don't usually have goods in stock, and they backorder from the suppliers. NEVER buy there if you are in hurry, never.
Especially about memory cards, you never know if you're gonna get a genuine or a fake item. They just seem to ship whatever they have in stock. You might be lucky or not ;)
Just buy from Amazon if you can. I have bought a Samsung 16GB class 10 for my Desire Z for 20€, and the increase in speed while loading the gallery is noticeable. :cool:

Top Liked Posts