[Q&A] Ubuntu on the Transformer (eMMC install)

Search This thread

rdnetto

Jul 3, 2011
BTW, I fixed the audio (the speakers work properly now). It requires a kernel patch, so you can either wait until the next stable release or grab the patch from the dev thread (hopefully lilstevie will merge it into the git soon) and compile it yourself.

CaffeineHead

Feb 16, 2012
RVA
So I just found the ac110 has multiboot working. I dont fully understand the asus bootloader howver so I dont know how practical or feasible it is to implement this on the tf.

They have a wiki page explaining it at ac100.grandou.net/multiboot

Jazztrmpter

Jan 18, 2012
Las Vegas
12.04 Upgrade

Hey guys,

I was attempting to update to 12.04 again this morning, and I almost suceeded except for the end when I accidentally clicked to "keep" the 'no-longer needed' packages. I didn't run into the libgtk or unity error like I did last time. I was having some issues with gedit not opening via terminal so I removed it and also the Ubuntu Desktop something went with it during the uninstall. Upgrading to 12.04 seemed to work after that.

Now, when I boot into ubuntu, the screen flashes like it does if you press the lock button, where it flashses code, then back to the desktop. Now I have to reflash my TF again. This got me wondering though... Can I flash 12.04 directly with OLiFE?

shaola

Dec 26, 2010
Hey guys,

I was attempting to update to 12.04 again this morning, and I almost suceeded except for the end when I accidentally clicked to "keep" the 'no-longer needed' packages. I didn't run into the libgtk or unity error like I did last time. I was having some issues with gedit not opening via terminal so I removed it and also the Ubuntu Desktop something went with it during the uninstall. Upgrading to 12.04 seemed to work after that.

Now, when I boot into ubuntu, the screen flashes like it does if you press the lock button, where it flashses code, then back to the desktop. Now I have to reflash my TF again. This got me wondering though... Can I flash 12.04 directly with OLiFE?

Yes, you can. You have (at least) two options, you can loop-mount ubuntu.img and chroot and upgrade and you can also loop-mount delete everything and install by debootstraping 12.04 directly, but this one would need more work to tweak up everything like i describe in the other thread where i put the example with debian.

I think the esaiest way is to upgrade.

Asuming you have a linux enviroment in your computer (virtual or native, or even livecd, it doesn't matter) make a copy of ubuntu.img (just in case something goes wrong to be able to repeeat or just keep the older one, but you can always redownload it)

(i asume you are in the folder were you have the copy of ubuntu.img and it's also named ubuntu.img)
then mount-loop in some folder, for example:

create folder
Code:
mkdir target
mount the image
Code:
sudo mount -o loop ubuntu.img target
you have to install qemu-user-static in order to be able to chroot to another architecture enviroment:

Code:
sudo aptitude install qemu-usr-static
and copy the correct binary
Code:
sudo cp /usr/bin/qemu-arm-static target/usr/bin

you may need to mount proc and sys and if you don't mount dev before chroot you won't have /dev/pts and you will get some warnings but they don't mean any problem it's just anoyin

how to mount dev before chroot:

Code:
mount --bind /dev target/dev

EDITED: trick to have enough space and all packagaes needed for upgrading outside the image, so you will have enough space and if you repeat this process you will already downloaded all packages so the upgrade will be much faster

create another folder named temp:

Code:
mkdir -p temp/partial
(partial is a folder needed inside /var/cache/apt/archives)
and then mount it over apt cache folder

Code:
sudo mount --bind temp target/var/cache/apt/archives
/EDITED
and now you can chroot:
Code:
sudo chroot target

mount proc and sys inside chroot

Code:
mount -t proc proc /proc
Code:
mount -t sysfs sysfs /sys
now you can upgrade, but you don't have desktop enviroment so you will have to upgrade in the "server" way

install update-manager-core

Code:
sudo apt-get install update-manager-core

you may need to edit /etc/update-manager/release-upgrades and set Prompt=normal . I don't know it's been a long time since i haven't use ubuntu

and then upgrade:

Code:
sudo do-release-upgrade -d

now unmount proc and sys:

Code:
sudo umount /proc
sudo umount /sys

and exit chroot
Code:
exit
and now unmount dev and aptcache folder

Code:
sudo umount target/dev
Code:
sudo umount target/var/cache/apt/archives

i think i haven't miss anything. Let me know if you have any problem.

EDIT: sure, you should remove all downloaded deb packages for the space (sudo aptitude clean) after finished ONLY IF YOU DON'T DO /varr/cache/apt/archives trick descrived below Because if you mount --bind an external folder it won't affect the original ubuntu.img and you will have all those deb packagess already download if you make another attemp so you will save time downloading things.

And another important thing:

I don't know how much free space is in that image so before upgrading execute df -h to see if you will have enough space to upgrade (i think before attempting the upgrade update-manager will tell you i need to download XXXMb or something like that

if you don't have enough space you can mount --bind another partition/folder/filesystem to give more space to do it, like you mounted /dev

for example, if you have linux installed and enough space in the folder you are working create another folder named temp:

Code:
mkdir -p temp/partial

Code:
now you will have all the space you had in your home folder aviable inside the chroot enviroment located in /var/cache/apt/archives were deb packages are downloaded for the upgrade. Remember you have to do this outside chroot enviroment, if you already are inside open another terminal to do it without exiting:

and remember also to unmount everithing after finished.

Last edited:
Reactions: ssciberras and dvhh

braernoch

Oct 4, 2011
Austin, TX
You might be able to chroot into the mounted OLiFE ubuntu rootfs from /images, upgrade to 12.04, and flash that. Just watch the size of the image.

Or create your own rootfs from 12.04 and inject initrd, modules, etc. But that would get messy.

It is possible. It's likely not easy.

Sent from my HTC Vivid using Tapatalk

shaola

Dec 26, 2010
You might be able to chroot into the mounted OLiFE ubuntu rootfs from /images, upgrade to 12.04, and flash that. Just watch the size of the image.
I think that's the easiest way, the size of the image is not going to change, so that is not a problem to nvflash later. The problem could be if there is not enough space to make the upgrade, but bind-mount is the solution as i explained in the previous post

Jazztrmpter

Jan 18, 2012
Las Vegas
I think that's the easiest way, the size of the image is not going to change, so that is not a problem to nvflash later. The problem could be if there is not enough space to make the upgrade, but bind-mount is the solution as i explained in the previous post

So all both of these methods do is modify the ubuntu.img included in OLiFE to upgrade to 12.04?

shaola

Dec 26, 2010
So all both of these methods do is modify the ubuntu.img included in OLiFE to upgrade to 12.04?

well, not exactly, as braernoch said you can make from scrach your own image, that would be debootstrap option, but i just said to mount ubuntu.img and delete everything inside instead of create your own image file just because i thoug it would be easier for an unexperienced user and you will be sure that the image size will fit later with nvflash.

So you are correct, one option upgrade ubuntu.img and the other one build your own one.

Build your own image is kind of messy as you said, you will have to inject things, modify fstab and those things. I already described the process in another thread. If you haven't read it i recommend you to do it. It may be interesting if you like those things ;)

EDIT: when i say you i meaned braernoch :p

Jazztrmpter

Jan 18, 2012
Las Vegas

well, not exactly, as braernoch said you can make from scrach your own image, that would be debootstrap option, but i just said to mount ubuntu.img and delete everything inside instead of create your own image file just because i thoug it would be easier for an unexperienced user and you will be sure that the image size will fit later with nvflash.

So you are correct, one option upgrade ubuntu.img and the other one build your own one.

Build your own image is kind of messy as you said, you will have to inject things, modify fstab and those things. I already described the process in another thread. If you haven't read it i recommend you to do it. It may be interesting if you like those things ;)

EDIT: when i say you i meaned braernoch :p

Okay, great. I'll probably try the easier one since it's still all new stuff to me. You probably already have figured out from before that I'm not that great at making huge changes. But hey, one thing at a time.

shaola

Dec 26, 2010
Okay, great. I'll probably try the easier one since it's still all new stuff to me. You probably already have figured out from before that I'm not that great at making huge changes. But hey, one thing at a time.

Don't worry, if you follow my instructions it will be easy. let me edit a couple of things before attemting this. i'll let you know in a couple of minutes

shaola

Dec 26, 2010
Awesome, thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ASUS Transformer tf101 32gb + dock.

Ok, now i think it's finished, i haven't omitted anything asuming you would now it, so it should work just copy/pasting commands, but please, read the explanations, i really don't like this kind of howtos. It's better to understand what you are doing and if you find any problem you will be able to ask better for fastest solutions.

Jazztrmpter

Jan 18, 2012
Las Vegas
Okay, I don't think I will get to it tonight, but I'll let you know if anything comes up tomorrow, and how it works out.

Jazztrmpter

Jan 18, 2012
Las Vegas
Yes, you can. You have (at least) two options, you can loop-mount ubuntu.img and chroot and upgrade and you can also loop-mount delete everything and install by debootstraping 12.04 directly, but this one would need more work to tweak up everything like i describe in the other thread where i put the example with debian.

I think the esaiest way is to upgrade.

Asuming you have a linux enviroment in your computer (virtual or native, or even livecd, it doesn't matter) make a copy of ubuntu.img (just in case something goes wrong to be able to repeeat or just keep the older one, but you can always redownload it)

(i asume you are in the folder were you have the copy of ubuntu.img and it's also named ubuntu.img)
then mount-loop in some folder, for example:

create folder
Code:
mkdir target
mount the image
Code:
sudo mount -o loop ubuntu.img target
you have to install qemu-user-static in order to be able to chroot to another architecture enviroment:

Code:
sudo aptitude install qemu-usr-static
and copy the correct binary
Code:
sudo cp /usr/bin/qemu-arm-static target/usr/bin

you may need to mount proc and sys and if you don't mount dev before chroot you won't have /dev/pts and you will get some warnings but they don't mean any problem it's just anoyin

how to mount dev before chroot:

Code:
mount --bind /dev target/dev

EDITED: trick to have enough space and all packagaes needed for upgrading outside the image, so you will have enough space and if you repeat this process you will already downloaded all packages so the upgrade will be much faster

create another folder named temp:

Code:
mkdir -p temp/partial

Code:
/EDITED
and now you can chroot:
Code:
sudo chroot target

mount proc and sys inside chroot

Code:
mount -t proc proc /proc
Code:
mount -t sysfs sysfs /sys
now you can upgrade, but you don't have desktop enviroment so you will have to upgrade in the "server" way

install update-manager-core

Code:
sudo apt-get install update-manager-core

you may need to edit /etc/update-manager/release-upgrades and set Prompt=normal . I don't know it's been a long time since i haven't use ubuntu

and then upgrade:

Code:
sudo do-release-upgrade -d

now unmount proc and sys:

Code:
sudo umount /proc
sudo umount /sys

and exit chroot
Code:
exit
and now unmount dev and aptcache folder

Code:
sudo umount target/dev
Code:
sudo umount target/var/cache/apt/archives

i think i haven't miss anything. Let me know if you have any problem.

EDIT: sure, you should remove all downloaded deb packages for the space (sudo aptitude clean) after finished ONLY IF YOU DON'T DO /varr/cache/apt/archives trick descrived below Because if you mount --bind an external folder it won't affect the original ubuntu.img and you will have all those deb packagess already download if you make another attemp so you will save time downloading things.

And another important thing:

I don't know how much free space is in that image so before upgrading execute df -h to see if you will have enough space to upgrade (i think before attempting the upgrade update-manager will tell you i need to download XXXMb or something like that

if you don't have enough space you can mount --bind another partition/folder/filesystem to give more space to do it, like you mounted /dev

for example, if you have linux installed and enough space in the folder you are working create another folder named temp:

Code:
mkdir -p temp/partial

Code:
now you will have all the space you had in your home folder aviable inside the chroot enviroment located in /var/cache/apt/archives were deb packages are downloaded for the upgrade. Remember you have to do this outside chroot enviroment, if you already are inside open another terminal to do it without exiting:

and remember also to unmount everithing after finished.

Turns out I'm staying up a little extra past normal to get this done...I was just too interested. So far the only thing not the same was installing qemu. The command did not find the package, so I installed qemu-kvm-extras-static from synaptic pm. It mentioned ARM user mode so I hope that will be fine.

I will update any differences/obstacles along the way.

EDIT

Okay, ran into something... when trying to chroot, I get this error. I am going to try installing the main qemu package.
Code:
root@bt:~/Documents# chroot target
qemu: fatal: cp15 insn ee1d7f70

R00=4009f960 R01=00000852 R02=000150e8 R03=0d696914
R04=0001d7cc R05=0009ff58 R06=000153e8 R07=00000000
R08=00000000 R09=000a005c R10=4009f000 R11=00000000
R12=000a005c R13=4007f5d0 R14=42090e80 R15=4008b062
PSR=20000030 --C- T usr32

Installing main qemu package did not work...same error as above. I don't have the same qemu package that you listed, and I could not find it online either.
I am running Backtrack 5R1 on a regular hard disk installation (no live cd/usb), and the directory target is in /root/Documents/.

Last edited:

shaola

Dec 26, 2010
Turns out I'm staying up a little extra past normal to get this done...I was just too interested. So far the only thing not the same was installing qemu. The command did not find the package, so I installed qemu-kvm-extras-static from synaptic pm. It mentioned ARM user mode so I hope that will be fine.

I will update any differences/obstacles along the way.

EDIT

Okay, ran into something... when trying to chroot, I get this error. I am going to try installing the main qemu package.
Code:
root@bt:~/Documents# chroot target
qemu: fatal: cp15 insn ee1d7f70

R00=4009f960 R01=00000852 R02=000150e8 R03=0d696914
R04=0001d7cc R05=0009ff58 R06=000153e8 R07=00000000
R08=00000000 R09=000a005c R10=4009f000 R11=00000000
R12=000a005c R13=4007f5d0 R14=42090e80 R15=4008b062
PSR=20000030 --C- T usr32

Installing main qemu package did not work...same error as above. I don't have the same qemu package that you listed, and I could not find it online either.
I am running Backtrack 5R1 on a regular hard disk installation (no live cd/usb), and the directory target is in /root/Documents/.

In wich version of ubuntu is based backtrac?
qemu-usr-static package is aviable in natty, oneiric and precise:
http:// packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=qemu-user-static

braernoch

Oct 4, 2011
Austin, TX

I read somewhere that you should be able to enable current main Ubuntu repositories in Synaptic in BT5. Have you already added those repos? Once done, you should have access to everything.

rdnetto

Jul 3, 2011
So I just found the ac110 has multiboot working. I dont fully understand the asus bootloader howver so I dont know how practical or feasible it is to implement this on the tf.

They have a wiki page explaining it at ac100.grandou.net/multiboot

Thanks for this. The AC100 is also a Tegra 2 system, so in theory the same changes should work.
Unfortunately, I've tried applying them to no avail - it still freezes when trying to execute the new kernel.

See dev thread for further discussion.

Is there anyway to OC the CPU in Ubuntu? In android i run prime at 1.6Ghz, Ubuntu is stuck at 1.0.

Not at present. This is considered a low priority, so no one is currently working on it.

Last edited:

Jazztrmpter

Jan 18, 2012
Las Vegas
In wich version of ubuntu is based backtrac?
qemu-usr-static package is aviable in natty, oneiric and precise:
http:// packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=qemu-user-static

Hey, BT5 is Lucid, 10.04. I have a virtual machine already setup which is running Ubuntu 11.10 I believe, but I tend to use the real installation (backtrack) on another hard drive for most tasks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is for help and support related to ubuntu on the eeepad transformer, all questions not related to development should be asked here, please be friendly and do not flame each other or I will request the thread be closed.

Download links are in the third post.

There is a wiki entry here that has a bit more detailed explanation. Please note though that as it is a wiki information
    quoted in there may or may not be entirely accurite.

you will need to download an nvflashable rom, like prime.

Please read the README before attempting this. The readme is below as well as in the kit, YOU WILL LOSE DATA.

Download links are in the second post.

OLiFE for the ASUS transformer
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

(c) 2011 Steven Barker <lilstevie@lilstevie.geek.nz>

This package should have only been linked to from xda-developers
    or rootzwiki if you got the links to this package from anywhere
    but those sites please send an email to the above email
    address with the subject: "unauthorised posts"

DISCLAIMER

Steven Barker (lilstevie) nor anybody will take any responsibility
    for any damage, data loss, fire, death of a loved one, or loss of
    data resulting from using this mod for your device. Using this mod
    may void your warranty.

NVFLASH

nvflash is the intellectual property of nvidia, and remains the
    property of nvidia. Any questions or queries regarding the usage
    and licence of nvflash should be directed to nvidia.

abootimg

abootimg is by Gilles Grandou <gilles@grandou.net> and is
    unmodified. The source is available from online at
    http://gitorious.org/ac100/abootimg

usage

Usage has changed since the release of the last kit, please read
    these instructions carefully, as the install method is a little
    more complex, (but easier once you use it).

If you downloaded OLiFE.tar.gz you will need to inject the android
    rom and ubuntu image. You can use any nvflashable rom with this.
    I recommend that you use prime as that is the configuration that
    I have tested myself, and the ROM that I support for use with this
    device. You can download the ubuntu image from
    http://lilstevie.geek.nz/ports/ubuntu.img.gz.

If you downloaded OLiFE-Prime-Edition.tar.gz you will not need to
    download the ubuntu image or an nvflash rom as they are seeded into
    the image.

Install instructions:

1) Download the specific flavour of OLiFE that you want to use, and
    extract it with "tar xvf <filename>".

2) If needed inject android rom and ubuntu image.

3) From the directory that OLiFE was extracted in run the main script
    with the command ./OLiFE.sh.

4) Read the text that comes up and answer the question it asks.

5) Follow the menu to the option you want (below is a breakdown of
    what each menu item is) and follow the instructions prompted. (also below
    is instructions on how to get into the modes requested).

Menu items:

1) Backup Menu:

1) Full Backup (stock)
    - Full backup (stock) takes a full backup of a stock
    android system. This gives you an option to also back
    up your user data(this will take a while).
    2) Full Backup (ubuntu)
    - Full backup (ubuntu) takes a full backup of a system
    that dualboots android and ubuntu, this backs up your
    system, and the ubuntu image. This gives you an option
    to also back up your user data(this will take a while).
    3) User data only
    - This backs up the user data partition on your device.
    (This option takes a while)
    4) Android ROM
    - This option backs up the android system only. This
    option generates all the files (minus bootloader, and BCT)
    required to flash a rom via nvflash.
    5) Ubuntu Install
    - This option backs up the ubuntu install on your device.
    2) Flash Device:

1) Dualboot:
    - This option will install ubuntu to your device in a
    dualbooting configuration with android. During the
    installation process it asks you which OS you would like
    to boot by default.
    2) uboot (linux only):
    - This option will install ubuntu with u-boot and the
    ChromeOS kernel that supports acceleration. This option
    is currently unavailable, but should be available soon.
    3) asus boot (linux only):
    - This option will install ubuntu with the asus bootloader
    with this configuration you will use all the eMMC for ubuntu
    and there will be no android system installed on your device.
    4) stock:
    - This option will partition the device in a stock way and
    install the android system that is in ./images. Use this
    option if you no longer want ubuntu on your device.
    3) Update Device:

1) Android Kernel:
    - This option will update the android kernel on your device
    with the boot.img from ./images/. This allows you to install
    your own kernel on the device for android rather than the one
    that comes with your chosen rom.
    2) Ubuntu/Linux Kernel:
    - This will update the ubuntu kernel on your device to the version
    included in this flashkit. This option is for updating just the
    kernel with nvflash rather than using the blob method. This method
    is also good for if you flash a bad ubuntu kernel to the device.
    3) Android ROM:
    - This option will update the android rom on the device with the
    one from ./images/. This is good for if the ROM you use is updated
    or you would like to change ROMs and there is an nvflash image for it.
    This option does not destroy your data.
    4) Ubuntu Rootfs:
    - This will update your ubuntu image on the device. This is destructive
    to data stored in the ubuntu image.
    5) Advanced (Unsupported):
    - Any option in this menu is not supported and should be considered
    unstable. There may be bugs in these options and they are not maintained
    at this point in time.

1) Flash ChromeOS Kernel (Primary Boot):
    - This option will flash the ChromeOS kernel to the primary boot
    partition. This option may not currently work in it's current
    configuration.
    2) Flash ChromeOS Kernel (Secondary Boot):
    - This option will flash the ChromeOS kernel to the secondary boot
    partition. This option may not currently work in it's current
    configuration.
    3) Update Uboot Partition:
    - This option will update the u-boot boot partition that u-boot
    reads the kernel and boot script from. This option does work if
    you have installed u-boot by compiling it from source and installed
    it yourself.
    4) Flash ClockworkRecoveryMod:
    - This option allows you to temperarily flash CWR to the device so
    you can update the installed rom. It backs up the current kernel in
    the recovery kernel position and then flashes CWR. When you have finished
    using CWR you then push any key and put the device back in APX mode and
    it will restore the kernel that was in that position. (This only works if
    android is your primary boot option at this time).

4) Inject Firmware:

1) Bluetooth firmware (default install):
    - This option will inject the Bluetooth firmware from the
    android ROM located at ./images/ in to the ubuntu of your
    currently running system.
    2) Bluetooth firmware (CrOS Kernel):
    - This option will inject the Bluetooth firmware from the
    android ROM located at ./images/ in to the ubuntu of your
    currently running system and flashes the proper u-boot kernel
    if you no longer need adb support.

5) Onscreen Keyboard:
    - This runs OnBoard so that you can run through oem-config properly
    you only need to use this option if you do not have a keyboard dock
    and on the first boot.

1) Standard Kernel:
    - This will invoke oem-config on the standard kernel installed
    on the device.
    2) ChromeOS Kernel:
    - This will invoke oem-config on the u-boot kernel that is
    installed on the device and flashes the proper u-boot kernel
    if you no longer need adb support.

Device Modes:

APX Mode:
    -This mode is used by nvflash to write files to the eMMC device.
    To boot in this mode you press Power and Vol-Up.

Recovery Mode:
    - This mode is where CWR or Asus recovery normally lives, but is
    replaced by the secondary OS in the dualboot configuration.
    To boot in this mode you press Power and Vol-Down, then Vol-Up when prompted.

Normal Boot:
    -This mode is where android normally lives.
    To boot in this mode you press the Power button until the screen turns on.
    Changelog

1.2a - Release name: Odyssey

* New name for kit: OLiFE
    * New menu system
    * Updated README
    * Better handling of platform detection
    * Bluetooth support in ubuntu.img
    * Preliminary support for ChromeOS kernel
    * Preliminary support for uboot
    * Fixed touchpad
    * Fixed network manager
    * Updated to ubuntu oneiric
    * More options for flashing and updating
    * OTB Wireless support (No more injecting)
    * Smaller ubuntu.img for faster upload to device
    * Auto resizing of rootfs on first boot
    * Larger partition size (6GB) for ubuntu
    * Refactored to more easily between devices
    * Maybe something else I have missed

1.1 - Release name: Daedalus

* Firmware injector for BT and wifi firmwares

1.0 and silent updates - Release name: Prometheus

* Support for x86_64 linux distributions
    * Updated README for release on xda-developers
    * Fixes to install scripts
    * Initial Release
    Multiboot by cmw.zips

This will restore cwm on recovery partition.
    And multiboot by flashing Ubuntu.zip or Android.zip

Create flash-recovery.sh in flashkit dir !!

The code below wil not work unless you provide some info on witch flash mode you used !!!!!
    Like me i have selected flash-linux-android.sh,
    View it and find witch --config file it use as you can see below.

--->--configfile ./flash/android-linux.cfg <---

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    nflash --bct ./images/transformer.bct --setbct --configfile ./flash/android-linux.cfg --bl ./images/bootloader.bin --odmdata 0x300d8011 --sbk 0x1682CCD8 0x8A1A43EA 0xA532EEB6 0xECFE1D98 --sync
    nflash -r --download 5 ./images/recovery.img

To Make this code above work replaced nflash with ./nvflash -> then sudo sh flash-recovery.sh

Android <-- Prime 1.7 kernel !! you can select any kernel you want !!
    MD5 : 97cf64f6d5698276bde1d8657ec80cef

Ubuntu
    MD5 : 40c9f82c30e0fd8230c712e23f2e3597
    Downloads:

RootFS md5sum(1a9fa8a698e4a96245a3c08511841eb4)
    OLiFE md5sum(c30263fd8271a23bb211fd9fdd69fa45)
    OLiFE Prime Edition md5sum(767779ccfa200e5e00b2f1e33a3d73a9)

Sources:
    http://gitweb.lilstevie.geek.nz
    To clone the repos "git clone git://lilstevie.geek.nz/$(name of repo).git"
    Simple Version

Here's a simple nvflash package I put together to make things easy. It uses Jhinta's CWM files (incl.) and Prime 1.7. Just add ubuntu.img (from the OP) and run download-ubuntu.sh. (You'll still need to run the firmware injection script for drivers though.)

http://www.multiupload.com/6GZSLRBP8S

MD5: 843f964141ac96423c2fcdfc26092050