[Q] Update downloaded to phone - Where is it stored?

Search This thread

AzWizzard

Oct 11, 2012
Mesa, AZ
So my phone downloaded the update and keeps trying to get me to install the update. Where is the update stored on the phone? I want to delete it.

I am still running a older version of SACS ROM and don't want to install it and want to get rid of all the prompts to install it.

leaderbuilder

So my phone downloaded the update and keeps trying to get me to install the update. Where is the update stored on the phone? I want to delete it.

I am still running a older version of SACS ROM and don't want to install it and want to get rid of all the prompts to install it.
This question is asked very often. Little searching would have found the answer(s)
Check here
Good luck

Reactions: daniel4653

AzWizzard

Oct 11, 2012
Mesa, AZ
This question is asked very often. Little searching would have found the answer(s)
Check here
Good luck

I followed the directions in the post:

Navigate to:
/system/app: change fwupgrade.apk to fwupgrade.old and keychain.pak to keychain.old
/system/etc/security: change otacerts.zip to otacerts.old

Now reboot to recovery mode and wipe cache. Reboot system to GUI. If update appears, accept install. Countdown will appear but nothing will be installed.
The update notification will no longer appear.

1st - I don't have a fwupgrade.apk in /system/app (I even did a search for it and couldn't find it anywhere)

2nd - When I try to rename or delete the otacers.zip (in the /system/etc/security) it won't let me. It just says it can't be renamed or can't be deleted.

I am using ES File Explorer.

leaderbuilder

I followed the directions in the post:

Navigate to:
/system/app: change fwupgrade.apk to fwupgrade.old and keychain.pak to keychain.old
/system/etc/security: change otacerts.zip to otacerts.old

Now reboot to recovery mode and wipe cache. Reboot system to GUI. If update appears, accept install. Countdown will appear but nothing will be installed.
The update notification will no longer appear.

1st - I don't have a fwupgrade.apk in /system/app (I even did a search for it and couldn't find it anywhere)

2nd - When I try to rename or delete the otacers.zip (in the /system/etc/security) it won't let me. It just says it can't be renamed or can't be deleted.

I am using ES File Explorer.
You must mount the directory as 'read/write' to modify.
Not sure where that option is in ES but if you have root it's there I think.

You may not have the fwupgrade.apk OR you may just not be able to see it with that Explorer if you don't have the option checked to see system/root apps.

I use Root Explorer worth every penny for me.
BUT you can use ROM Toolbox - the Lite version(free) does have a root explorer that will let you mount as R/W.

AzWizzard

Oct 11, 2012
Mesa, AZ
You must mount the directory as 'read/write' to modify.
Not sure where that option is in ES but if you have root it's there I think.

You may not have the fwupgrade.apk OR you may just not be able to see it with that Explorer if you don't have the option checked to see system/root apps.

I use Root Explorer worth every penny for me.
BUT you can use ROM Toolbox - the Lite version(free) does have a root explorer that will let you mount as R/W.

Thanks, I had Rom Toolbox Lite and used it. Was able to delete the file. :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Check here
    Good luck