Anyone found a skin yet?

Search This thread

mistawolfe

Nov 21, 2010
Great job installing. Did you try to use skinned phone in Motorola' car dock? Did it still fit?

Thanks!

It will definitely fit. I have a gel case on mine and it fits fine. Also, I had a skin on my x2, and it fit in the dock with that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

Rootuser3.0

May 18, 2011
It will definitely fit. I have a gel case on mine and it fits fine. Also, I had a skin on my x2, and it fit in the dock with that.

I wonder if this fits in the shell/case holster combo with extended battery cover skinned?

harpdoc

Aug 1, 2008
I've had the Skinomi Black Carbon on my Bionic for a couple days now. I love it! Looks great and feels much better than the original plastic. Has a nice texture.

Rootuser3.0

May 18, 2011
Just applied the skinomi skin stretched it out for extended battery came out mint yesterday let it cure for 24 hours then today tried to put it in case (shell-case combo from verizon) now the damn thing wont fit. 1/32 of an inch makes a difference!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i LOVE skinomi, use them for all my screen protectors (Best screen protectors FACT haha). As far as skins, they offer great value for getting the back skin combo.
    You are correct though, it will not cover the sides though. I have the carbon fiber on the back of my iPad2, it is nice because it is textured..

I think you are better off waiting for skinit for a wrapping skin honestly, it should be any day now they add it
    Anyone try this with extended battery cover?

The skin itself is custom cut for the regular battery cover. It is not cut for the bigger battery so when you try to install it it's a little small at the "battery bump, and all of the sides and bottom of the battery cover. However, if you are patient, you can work it with some heat and stretch it to the appropriate size.

I did this as a guinea pig as I had an extra skin. I was hoping the difference would only be about as drastic as Droid X2's extended vs standard battery cover at most when I bought the skins blind, but I was wrong.

With that said, I have noted I am not the best at putting these things on. If you have a lot of patience you can probably do a better job than I did if you need to use a standard Skinomi skin on an extended battery cover. This install for the back took me about 45 minutes working at it slowly so it would fit as well as it could.

So it's your judgement call. My install is not the best but it proves that it is possible to make the skin fit the extended battery cover if you are willing to work at it for a while. If not, you can wait for someone to make a skin specially designed for the extended battery cover.

Good luck for those of you who are willing to give it a shot, just be patient and leave your frustrations at the door.