Is there any way to determine the age of your battery?

Search This thread

dirkdigles

Nov 23, 2010
Chicago
I know batteries degrade with time, however if purchasing a 3rd party battery or used phone, is there any way to determine date of manufacture or age of battery?

joeyhdownsouth

Apr 1, 2009
Creole State
I know batteries degrade with time, however if purchasing a 3rd party battery or used phone, is there any way to determine date of manufacture or age of battery?

I don't believe there is a way to determine that. I would say if battery doesn't hold a charge for at least 8-10 hours, then its probably pretty old. But, it also depends on numerous other factors, like, how many radios turned on, apps running in background like Facebook, and screen timeout.

Last edited:

dirkdigles

Nov 23, 2010
Chicago
I don't believe there is a way to determine that. I would say if battery doesn't hold a charge for at least 8-10 hours, then its probably pretty old. But, it also depends on numerous other factors, like, how many radios turned on, apps running in background like Facebook, and screen timeout.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm looking at various patterns for serial numbers on the batteries and can't tell anything thus far. I found an S4 thread that mentioned defective batteries and related the serial to the date range but can't seem to link it to S3 battery S/Ns.

Our batteries all seem to begin with:

AA1xxxxxS/2-B where the x's are the characters that vary.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

joeyhdownsouth

Apr 1, 2009
Creole State
Thanks for the reply.

I'm looking at various patterns for serial numbers on the batteries and can't tell anything thus far. I found an S4 thread that mentioned defective batteries and related the serial to the date range but can't seem to link it to S3 battery S/Ns.

Our batteries all seem to begin with:

AA1xxxxxS/2-B where the x's are the characters that vary.

I've had the same battery since Gs3 first came out, no issues what so ever. But, I've always waited to charge battery when % was below 10. Not everyone does this.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts