how to backup everything to gmail account??

Search This thread

shinojmahe

Aug 4, 2007
experts,
need your guidance for to backup everything to gmail account from my S4. as i am to give this for repairing. dont want to be in trouble afterwards

hardly waiting for your valuable reply

best
shi

D

Deleted member 5657508

experts,
need your guidance for to backup everything to gmail account from my S4. as i am to give this for repairing. dont want to be in trouble afterwards

hardly waiting for your valuable reply

best
shi

What do you mean by everything? Because absolutely "everything" would be a nandroid backup. Do you mean just your emails? l you emails, apps, and other play services? Or apps, media, launcher, sms', contacts?

All of your services linked to your Google account (such as Gmail, Play Store Apps, G+ media, Play Music, etc) is backed up by default. Have you turned this off and want to know how to turn it back on?

If you want to grab everything off your SD Card, you can zip it up and upload it to Drive.

shinojmahe

Aug 4, 2007
What do you mean by everything? Because absolutely "everything" would be a nandroid backup. Do you mean just your emails? l you emails, apps, and other play services? Or apps, media, launcher, sms', contacts?

All of your services linked to your Google account (such as Gmail, Play Store Apps, G+ media, Play Music, etc) is backed up by default. Have you turned this off and want to know how to turn it back on?

If you want to grab everything off your SD Card, you can zip it up and upload it to Drive.

sorry for making you confused
what i want backup is all data, like contacts, messages, gallery, settings and notes.

before a year or so, i done this with my note. that i made a backup, and restored another android phone, i got everything, including last message and contact list which i used before the backup on the first phone.

situation.
front glass of my S4 got a scratch. they says, this need to change display system, so there wont be any guaranty for the data.

so i must to make a backup, and later to restore.

pls suggest me the way

waiting

D

Deleted member 5657508

sorry for making you confused
what i want backup is all data, like contacts, messages, gallery, settings and notes.

before a year or so, i done this with my note. that i made a backup, and restored another android phone, i got everything, including last message and contact list which i used before the backup on the first phone.

situation.
front glass of my S4 got a scratch. they says, this need to change display system, so there wont be any guaranty for the data.

so i must to make a backup, and later to restore.

pls suggest me the way

waiting

If you are rooted and have CWM then your best option is a nandroid backup. This is only if you will restoring your backup to the same (type of) phone that you used to make the nandroid backup.

What I believe happened to you last time was the auto-backup feature provided by Google. This should already be on for you, but you can check by following these steps.

PS: This is the S4 Active forum, not S4 forum. Doesn't matter in this case though, but in the future you should look for the right one.