[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS (T959) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

MV10

Jul 16, 2010
FL
Thanks for the tip on the Nova launcher. Very nice. Total respect for the developers trying something new with the Lightning Launcher, but I just couldn't warm up to it. This amazing ROM is still lightning-fast with Nova.

Same here. Lightning made no sense to me. I suspect it wasn't working right, but since I couldn't figure out how it's supposed to work, I can't say for sure.

Nova rocks. I imagine it's "heavier" than what K. is trying to do with Slim, but I think it's a great launcher nonetheless.

I can honestly say the Slim ROM coupled with a Galaxy S-II 2300 mAh battery has significantly extended the amount of time I'll own a Galaxy S. This is how the phone should have been out of the box...

McSqueeb

Oct 25, 2010
London
Same here. Lightning made no sense to me. I suspect it wasn't working right, but since I couldn't figure out how it's supposed to work, I can't say for sure.

Nova rocks. I imagine it's "heavier" than what K. is trying to do with Slim, but I think it's a great launcher nonetheless.

I can honestly say the Slim ROM coupled with a Galaxy S-II 2300 mAh battery has significantly extended the amount of time I'll own a Galaxy S. This is how the phone should have been out of the box...

Explain this Galaxy S2 2300 mAh battery.... does it fit in the t959?

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
4.1 Released:
Note:
Overall change in how i am structuring Slim. No more Base + essentials + gapps. Device ROM + SLim Common ( which inclues slim gapps among other common non compiled stuff). Just flash Device ROM version THEN Slim Common ( includes Slim Gapps). you should be set.

RoxAbout

Sep 13, 2010
Climax, Ks.
got my beta back in time. will contact in future.

Now if your interested in the "update me" app
just noticed the update icon...
after clicking update/download
its telling me theres an error in the file d/l click on ok and it goes to the d/l screen... and just sits there

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

See this post and the one above it. The short version is that if the eBay price is $200, keep watching for it to drop to $15 or $20, that's when she has new batteries in stock.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24310796#post24310796

Not sure about the link...
But I just tried putting in a sgs 2 battery into my vibrant...and theres no way it will fit! too tall!

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
Now if your interested in the "update me" app
just noticed the update icon...
after clicking update/download
its telling me theres an error in the file d/l click on ok and it goes to the d/l screen... and just sits there

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Not sure about the link...
But I just tried putting in a sgs 2 battery into my vibrant...and theres no way it will fit! too tall!

You have to d/l from Full ROM tab, i put it in the changelog at the top ( you can see it if you see the changelog on the device).

You have to d/l from Full ROM tab, i put it in the changelog at the top ( you can see it if you see the changelog on the device).

It isn't downloading for me. When I click the files under full Rom nothing is happening.

Edit: after reboot when I click the files I either get force close or error, and this is under full Rom section.

Last edited:

DataGov

Jun 21, 2011
Bricked

I am coming from Bionix 1.3.1 and wanted to try this rom. I downloaded 4.1, rebooted into recovery, wiped data, formatted system, and then tried to flash the rom. But it flashed in less than 5 seconds and then rebooted and stuck on Samsung Vibrant.

I am unable to get into recovery to flash again. I can get into download mode no problem. But no recovery.

Is there a way to flash this rom via Heimdall?

prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
I am coming from Bionix 1.3.1 and wanted to try this rom. I downloaded 4.1, rebooted into recovery, wiped data, formatted system, and then tried to flash the rom. But it flashed in less than 5 seconds and then rebooted and stuck on Samsung Vibrant.

I am unable to get into recovery to flash again. I can get into download mode no problem. But no recovery.

Is that rom AOSP based or Samsung based? If AOSP find a AOSP ICS kernel and flash with ODIN. If Samsung based ODIN a relative kernel and follow instructions. All else fails ODIN to stock. Just my 2 cents

Netphase

Aug 28, 2010
Redmi Note 8

I think coming from Froyo on a Vibrant you need to flash a gingerbread bootloader through odin/heimdall.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1117990

K

kchau15

Do I have to wipe to install 4.1 or can I simply install 4.1 vibrant + common?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

DataGov

Jun 21, 2011
K

kchau15

I had luck installing cm9 first and then going to slimics

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

ajvasudhar

Oct 30, 2010
Bangalore
4.1 gliding along

downloaded device.zip from slimroms.com website (as some of you experienced, I was not able to download via update me) and common.zip through update me.

I was running subzero's latest kernel. For though who are running different kernel apart from slim's, I would suggest using a kernel cleaning script before flashing the rom.

I did wipe cache, dalvik cache, flashing kernel cleaning script, then flashed device_T959.zip and common.zip file, and finally fix permission.

No issues at all.

Everythings running smooth.

If you want the kernel cleaning script for vibrant here it is.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1455034

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo.png
    IMPORTANT: FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, MY BETA TESTERS WILL DO THAT DIRECTLY TO ME.

Key features:
    • Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team,
    • Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
    • ROM - 54MB
    • Slim Common - ~20MB
    • 5 languages ( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
    • Lightning Launcher
    • Lockscreen Options ( Calendar, Weather etc, check via ASS)
    • Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar
    What Works:

• Everything for daily use
    Supported Devices here, no extra devices for now ( and NO PORTS of Slim ICS):

Removed apps here, download it via my OTA app

Credits here

Source:

https://github.com/krarvind/

Rest:
    http://source.android.com

Latest version, Download Links and Change Logs : Go Here

Discuss the rom here in xda and Hit Thanks if you try the rom and like it .
    reserved for future use
    4.2 Released

Read Changelog carefully. I am off for a mini vacation. Cheers. Do consider donation if/when you can. Have fun.
    2.8 Released

Check 2nd post of SGS thread ( usual place) for details and download links. Lots of effort but managed to get a common base across Nexus and Galaxy S Phones. Have fun guys, hit thanks and consider donation. Cheers. Past midnight here.Bed time.
    3.6 Released, Have fun.