[ROM][FF18]EpicTouchAOSPICSmod[NOW ODEXed](UPDATED 6/30)

Search This thread

jalexishg

Sep 6, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I posted an update that fixes a lot of the reported issues. Still FD02 based for now.

Yeah BABY !!!!!!! Flashing right now !!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: The only thing I miss is the setting looking like ICS but besides that everything else working like a champ !

EDIT #2: Also missing the Stock keyboard.

But Awesome job ! Thanks a lot for this rom !!!!

Last edited:

musikalharmony

Feb 1, 2011
Carebaretown
So far so good but when I take videos the quality sucks you can't even see what I'm recording any idea how to fix it?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

reddragon72

May 28, 2008
Houston, because I have a problem
Looks like FD24 has the notification bug fixed. I'm going to install the one click and see if some of the other things that I have noticed that are broken are fixed.

But I think that FD24 might be a good one to jump to when you can ;)

tjohnsonjr

Jan 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
Looks like FD24 has the notification bug fixed. I'm going to install the one click and see if some of the other things that I have noticed that are broken are fixed.

But I think that FD24 might be a good one to jump to when you can ;)

Since it seems to be fixed I will start working on an update tonight. That notification bug was affecting the Dialer and thats why some people were getting force closes.

Thanks

reddragon72

May 28, 2008
Since it seems to be fixed I will start working on an update tonight. That notification bug was affecting the Dialer and thats why some people were getting force closes.

Thanks

Ok and it's looking like 24 may be it as an update.zip has been found and released. So this may be the last rom I put on my phone for awhile!

Thanks for all your hard work!

reddragon72

May 28, 2008
Rom has been updated to FD24 base

Just tried it and the flash went super fast and I found myself stuck on the galaxy s2 screen. I am pulling the rom down again and will do md5 checks on it then move it over to the phone and md5 is again. I'll let you know if it was just a bad download.

UPDATE: I did an MD5 on the one I downloaded and it was no good. I have another one downloaded and checked and it's good. I'll let you know in a bit how it goes as I have a meeting right now and can't mess with it during the meeting.

Last edited:
Reactions: tjohnsonjr

k-wow

Jan 18, 2008
There's an issue with the dialer if your dpi is set below 190. I had mine set at 180 and it would work fine for a couple days. Then it stopped working out of nowhere. I read that 190 is the magic number and ever since that no more dialer fcs.

the power of google search! not sure where you read the original but i found this post and helped me fix this issue... just wanted to pass along my appreciation for your contribution. thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS NOT AOSP!!! THIS IS BASED OFF THE STOCK 4.0.4 Leak ROM

EpicTouch AOSPmod ICS v3.9.2

UPDATED(6/30)
    *Added VoiceSearch.apk back in

UPDATED(6/29)
    Updated to FF18 base(Odexed)
    *Added Jellybean 4.1 wallpapers
    *Added Goggle Car Home app

WHATS INCLUDED
    *Based off Stock Deodexed FF18 4.0.4 ROM
    *Stock ICS Launcher
    *Includes agat63 FF18 kernel
    *Remove Touchwiz and TW related widgets(This ROM is pretty bare bones)
    *Apks are PNG optimized and are ZipAligned at boot
    *CRT Animation
    *Ad free host file included
    *Enabled the Google Setup Wizard. Now you setup your Google
    *AOSP Contacts.apk-->Contacts and Dialer (This is NOT a themed Samsung dialer, its the actual APK from CM9)(The in call screen is still Samsung)
    *AOSP News and Weather(Genie.apk)
    *AOSP Clock app
    *AOSP Calendar
    *AOSP Email
    *AOSP Browser
    *AOSP Calculator
    *AOSP Keyboard
    *AOSP Live Wallpapers
    *AOSP Gallery
    *AOSP Sounds, Notification, and Alarms
    *Goggle Car home app
    *Torch App
    *Google Play Music app
    *Removed Kies
    *Settings.apk and SystemUI.apk are themed to look more ICS(Thanks ssconconceptz and Overstew)
    *AOSP lockscreen mod(thanks dtm_stretch)

HOW TO INSTALL

1. You cannot flash this over the stock ROM or any other ROM. You must do a FULL WIPE. Calk's format all zip works great.

2. Clockwork is the preferred method of flashing this ROM. DO NOT flash this ROM through Rouge recovery. So you will need to flash a EL29 repacked kernel, wipe everything and then flash this ROM. Sorry but its like that with ICS leaks. Remember that you will lose the custom Recovery after flashing this ROM.

3. I haven't tried the repacked Rouge FC18 kernel on this. If you try it, YOU MUST BOOT INTO THE ROM FIRST AND THEN FLASH IT THROUGH ODIN.

4.PLEASE give the kernel time to set in before posting about battery life. Its like that with any kernel

5. This ROM has been really stable. If you have any issues please post the following info:
    a)Did you odin/flash the EL29 repacked to flash this ROM?
    b)Which kernel are you using?
    c)Have you used the Stock FC18 ROM and had the same problem?

Wifi Tether(set to Galaxy Nexus): http://android-wifi-tether.googlecode.com/files/wifi_tether_v3_1-beta11.apk

SCREENSHOTS
    Screenshot_2012-06-29-06-21-03.png
    Screenshot_2012-06-29-06-23-11.png
    Screenshot_2012-06-29-06-21-20.png
    device-2012-03-19-153149.png
    device-2012-03-19-153218.png
    device-2012-03-19-153248.png
    Rom has been updated to FD24 base
    Its odd. I haven't experienced the bugs. Everything is working well for me coming from FC07. I installed according to OP. However, while in FC07 I did decide to format sd cards (internal and external) which should not have done anything but reclaim some storage but with the gps techniques being shown to work, you never know...

I really would like to stay on this ROM, but FC18 is sounding very tempting.

I'm working on the update to FC18