Y5 replacement for 4.3?

Search This thread

SirVilhelm

Dec 17, 2008
I have been using Y5 since my OG droid 2,0 and it has always worked very well. If you don't know what Y5 is its just a small app that will turn on and off your wifi depending on which cell towers you are connected to. It uses very little battery. Since updating to Android 4.3 it no longer works and the dev hasn't updated it in years.

Are there any similar apps that will work on 4.3?

jcollier

Jan 11, 2008
Houston, TX
I have been using Y5 since my OG droid 2,0 and it has always worked very well. If you don't know what Y5 is its just a small app that will turn on and off your wifi depending on which cell towers you are connected to. It uses very little battery. Since updating to Android 4.3 it no longer works and the dev hasn't updated it in years.

Tasker tasks can do the trick and Locale can also.

nagendraps

Sep 23, 2012
Bangalore

I too really miss Y5 since upgrading to 4.3, I have found this paid app on google play which does this task of swithcing on wifi on or off

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.kismetwireless.android.smarterwifimanager

there is no free or trial version of this app, I have not tried myself yet, but based on reviews this app seems to be good

SirVilhelm

Dec 17, 2008
Reactions: nagendraps

Top Liked Posts