[ROM][4.4.4][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies

Search This thread

elgar

Nov 12, 2006
Kharkiv
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Hi, I have switch to cm10.1 from a stock based rom. But now the structure of my folders of the inner memory changed. For some reason the rom created some EMULATED\legacy folders. I am having problems with dropsync because of it, and it seems, that all my files are doubled now, because I can still locate storage folder outside of emulated folder. Is this normal, or what should I do?

mgutierrez87

May 26, 2012
Happy new year everyone!

I've just installed this ROM, looks good so far. Question... I feel like a noob asking this but how do I find the external SD Card on the CyanogenMod File Manager? It seems to have vanished!

Go to the root directory then go into the "REMOVABLE" folder then you will see your card. If you have the keyboard attached this folder will also show your usb drive and additional sd card.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

dasunsrule32

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 9, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
Go to the root directory then go into the "REMOVABLE" folder then you will see your card. If you have the keyboard attached this folder will also show your usb drive and additional sd card.

This is incorrect. It's under /storage

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Zeklandia

Nov 21, 2011
Hi, I have switch to cm10.1 from a stock based rom. But now the structure of my folders of the inner memory changed. For some reason the rom created some EMULATED\legacy folders. I am having problems with dropsync because of it, and it seems, that all my files are doubled now, because I can still locate storage folder outside of emulated folder. Is this normal, or what should I do?

The internal SD card is really just /data/media

Inside you should see these folders:

/0
/legacy
/obb

and possibly even:
/clockworkmod

Because of multiple user support, /data/media/0 is now mounted as /sdcard. You can view the root of your SD card from either /data/media or /mnt/shell/emulated.

If you use external SD cards, their root folders can only be accessed from /mnt/shell/insert-disk-name-here

Also, that /legacy folder is there from when you upgraded to 4.2. You can delete its contents, because they are also in the /0 folder. I would recommend moving everything in /legacy over to /0 in case anything has changed or didn't copy.

Reactions: elgar

phoneFox

Oct 13, 2010
Unlocking the tablet with the docked keyboard works now, a thousand thanks!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: wildstang83

Zeklandia

Nov 21, 2011
What's the changelog for 1/6/13?

Also, is there any way to disable the back-lighting based on screen content? It makes it flicker, especially when watching videos.

Last edited:

soyusado

Jul 15, 2012
San Salvador
Don't know if anyone is experiencing this bug too.
It says charging when is not even connected to any charger, now it doesn't happen only when I'm watching a movie or playing a game but also when I reboot it.
Logcat.
http://db.tt/0MjfSjj4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357513523804.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357513523804.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 360

Zeklandia

Nov 21, 2011
Don't know if anyone is experiencing this bug too.
It says charging when is not even connected to any charger, now it doesn't happen only when I'm watching a movie or playing a game but also when I reboot it.
Logcat.
http://db.tt/0MjfSjj4

I noticed that too, but I have my tablet in its dock 99% of the time.

Also, if I can get the stupid frameworks branch downloaded, then I'll work on this, but in the meantime if somebody could set it to ignore the dock touchpad while the user is typing on the dock, that would be great! I hate how it moves the cursor to random places when you hit it while typing.

Sent from my Transformer Infinity

Last edited:

StigOE

Jun 13, 2010
I updated to 20130103 or 04 from (I think) 20121226, and now GApps aren't working any more. I tried to start Play Store and it just exited to the desktop. I tried to reboot, without any change. I went back to 20121226, but (possibly) because of the changes in layout of folders, everytime I install GApps, gapps and Setup Wizard crashes on startup. Has anyone else noticed this? Anything I can do about his? I have tried a factory wipe (not wiping internal/external memory) and reinstall, without any more luck.

Zeklandia

Nov 21, 2011
I updated to 20130103 or 04 from (I think) 20121226, and now GApps aren't working any more. I tried to start Play Store and it just exited to the desktop. I tried to reboot, without any change. I went back to 20121226, but (possibly) because of the changes in layout of folders, everytime I install GApps, gapps and Setup Wizard crashes on startup. Has anyone else noticed this? Anything I can do about his? I have tried a factory wipe (not wiping internal/external memory) and reinstall, without any more luck.

Make sure you are on the 12-12-2012 GApps.

Sent from my Transformer Infinity

StigOE

Jun 13, 2010
Make sure you are on the 12-12-2012 GApps.

I am now... I was using Goo Manager and it didn't show any newer version than 20121011, so that was what I was using. I found the latest version, but I still have problems. Now the wizard want to start, but it still crashes. I had an update.zip, which I installed, but still the wizard wants to start (and crashes).

gcrutchr

Jun 11, 2009
Bangkok
@dasunsrule32

Cornerstone is a multiwindow framework which allows multiple (3, I think), multitasking windows to run any program in. It's an amazing piece of work.
You can find it here:

Here is a link to the video on an ASUS tablet I believe: Cornerstone Demo

Here is link to the source code: Cornerstone Source

BossMafia2

Jun 15, 2010
@dasunsrule32

Cornerstone is a multiwindow framework which allows multiple (3, I think), multitasking windows to run any program in. It's an amazing piece of work.
You can find it here:

Here is a link to the video on an ASUS tablet I believe: Cornerstone Demo

Here is link to the source code: Cornerstone Source

Look at the last commit date on that source. It's from almost a year ago.

Cornerstone stopped production and abandoned the project due to pressures from Google over app insecurities that arose by having multiple apps run at the same time like that. Is this actually what happens? Who knows, probably not, but Google nixed the idea. Also, CM was once considering including this for their builds as well a while back, they also stopped the idea, probably due to the same pressures.

Regardless of that, there is no way this code would work out of the box for 4.2, there would have to be a bunch of changes in their code before it would work, and then who knows if it would even work as intended anymore.

We all wish it could happen, but at this point, Cornerstone isn't the way to go anymore. We'd might as well build a new system from the ground up.

dasunsrule32

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 9, 2009
Gilbert, AZ

Cornerstone stopped production and abandoned the project due to pressures from Google over app insecurities that arose by having multiple apps run at the same time like that. Is this actually what happens? Who knows, probably not, but Google nixed the idea. Also, CM was once considering including this for their builds as well a while back, they also stopped the idea, probably due to the same pressures.

Regardless of that, there is no way this code would work out of the box for 4.2, there would have to be a bunch of changes in their code before it would work, and then who knows if it would even work as intended anymore.

We all wish it could happen, but at this point, Cornerstone isn't the way to go anymore. We'd might as well build a new system from the ground up.

Ah, yeah. It'd break Google's UI guidlines, that's why Steve Kondik nixed it. Won't happen, ever... Thanks for the refresher :)

gcrutchr

Jun 11, 2009
Bangkok

I understand....

What about standout? It's current and a development project from MIT. Source is available.
StandOut

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** DON'T FLASH THIS IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH DATA LOSS, INSTABILITY, RABID DOGS EATING YOUR CAT, OR SPACE ALIENS STARING AT YOU IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT! ***

*** If you like this post and can't donate to the cause, then hit thanks! ***

Code:
    #include 
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Credits:
    • Steve Kondik and the amazing CM team
    • See here for more contributors
    • And the many testers and contributors not listed above, including: thunderger, jaybob413, Everett Coleman, Pretoriano80, untermensch, Jorge Ruesga, Richard Huynh and others I probably forgot

*** Backup your data before continuing! ***

What works:
    • Audio
    • Hardware Acceleration
    • WiFi
    • GPS
    • Bluetooth
    • Accelerometer
    • Gyroscope
    • Compass
    • Touchscreen
    • HDMI
    • Microphone
    • USB host
    • Dock
    • Cameras
    • Encryption

Known issues:
    • Netflix has issues after pausing, rewinding or fast forwarding. (libomxplayer.so) It's an ASUS issue at this point. (FIXED? Please confirm, I'm not seeing these issues anymore)
    • screenrecord is broken, codecs issue (OMX doesn't support virtual displays, we only have 4.2 blobs, will not be fixed, unless Asus releases KitKat for our devices)
    • You tell us...

*** Backup your data before continuing! ***

Instructions (README, A LOT!!!!!!):
    • Make sure your device is unlocked. Grab the unlock utility here, under Others -> Utilities
    • (If you're on stock 4.2.x, skip this step) Install the 10.6.1.14.4 or greater bootloader for your variant, see here for more information.
    • Download Clockwork Recovery (TWRP has issues with KitKat, be forewarned): Standard | Touch
    • Download CM11.0
    • Download GAPPS
    • Place the cm-11-YYYYMMDD-NIGHTLY-tf700t.zip and gapps-kk-YYYYMMDD-signed.zip on your sdcard of your slate
    • Reboot to the bootloader: Power off slate, then: Power + Volume -. Hit Volume - until you hit the USB symbol, then hit Volume +.
    • Flash Clockwork Recovery instructions: Standard | Touch
    • ^^ BACKUP YOUR DATA!
    • Next, Wipe Data Factory Reset (ONLY NECESSARY IF COMING FROM ASUS stock ROM or something other than CM10.2!!!)
    • Then 'install zip from sdcard', 'choose zip from internal sdcard', then install the cm-11-YYYYMMDD-NIGHTLY-tf700t.zip.
    • Then install gapps-kk-YYYYMMDD-signed.zip.
    • Go back to the main menu and Reboot Now.

Upgrading builds:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Install cm-11-YYYYMMDD-NIGHTLY-tf700t.zip
    • Reboot
    • or use built in cmupdater

If you run into issues outside the 'Known issues', please post a logcat.

You will need the adb binary on your computer (Windows, Mac or Linux):

Code:
    adb logcat > logcat.txt

If are get a hard lock and have to reset, please pull the /proc/last_kmsg and post it after you are booted again.

Code:
    adb pull /proc/last_kmsg

Please do not report on ANY known issues!!!

Help? Click here...

Donate to the devs:
    dasunsrule32 - (Google Wallet - atechols@gmail.com or PayPal)
    jruesga

Source(s), Gerrit and Changelog:

Source(s):
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_asus_tf700t/tree/cm-11.0
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_asus_tf700t/tree/cm-11.0

Gerrit ( Submitting patches/fixes ):
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Doc:_using_gerrit ( When submitting a patch, please use this group vs adding myself and individual devs: Transformer Team )

Changelog:
    http://www.cmxlog.com/11/tf700t/

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod, ROM for the Asus Transformer TF700

Contributors
    dasunsrule32, jruesga
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Bootloader 10.6.1.14.4 or above
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 11.0-M9

Created 2013-10-01
    Last Updated 2014-08-13
    Ok guys, here's the deal. We are ready to push out all the changes. I've got the kernel done, bootloaders packaged and the necessary changes for blobs and device tree.

PLEASE NOTE, THIS BOOTLOADER WORKS FINE WITH THE OLD KERNEL.

So, what do you need to do? Simple:

1. Flash the bootloader for your device variant in TWRP or CWM:

ww: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=4007
    us: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=4006

1a. Flash via fastboot if you want, use the fastboot line associated with your build:
    Code:
    fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash staging ww_bootloaderblob
    fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash staging us_bootloaderblob

ww: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=4009
    us: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=4008

2. Reboot.

3. Flash the next nightly.

4. Reboot

5. Done

Make sure you get the new bootloader flashed immediately, or you may be bootlooping like a mad man on your next nightly. ;)
    Guys, I've been pondering this for sometime now. I think I'm going to be taking a break for awhile.

I'm tired and fried, I don't see a reason to do this for now. It seems my jobs, plus this are to much right now. If I get some time, I'll do what I can.

Work has been putting more responsibility on my shoulders, and I've been tasked with several high level projects over the last couple months and going forward.

In shorter words, I'm too busy for this now. Thanks for all the help and support.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    Ok guys, the new nightlies should be starting tonight. So keep an eye out. Thanks for all the support!!!

Please try to keep this thread clean, I want as much relevant information in it as possible. Please use the Thanks and Donate button(s)/links to say Thank you!!!!
    Ok guys, here's the word. We are switching over to cm10.1 on the nightlies. You should be fine in just upgrading over cm10 -> cm10.1. If you have issues, you know the drill. I'll change the OP around and edit the thread title when I get a chance. I'm too tired to do this tonight.

See this commit for the changeover.

Make to grab the cm10.1 gapps, then flash the latest nightly.

MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON THE LATEST CWM 6.0.1.9 from the OP. That has support for the multiple user profiles if you so choose to use them and for Pete's sake, BACKUP!

Beyond that enjoy. See my Google+ post for what is up with issues, etc. Hit that thanks button or donate ( :silly: )