FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.2/Win/RPi][v2.0.1] SoundSeeder V2.0 - Multi-Speaker Music Player (August 7th)

201 posts
Thanks Meter: 199
 
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from jekatt: SoundSeeder V2.0 release! Completely redesigned UI, Material Design, Theme support, ...
11th September 2013, 11:56 PM |#101  
d3xp2pc's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Newcastle
Thanks Meter: 257
 
Donate to Me
More
Just tested this after seeing a review on YouTube.

Working fine between Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7.

-----------------------------------------------------
Sign up for COPY with this link, and we'll both get 5 GB of free cloud storage in addition to the usual 15 GB: https://copy.com?r=m3arsR

Free GiffGaff SIM with £5 credit: http://redir.info.giffgaff.com/r/?id...39c&p1=d3xp2pc

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
 
12th September 2013, 12:15 AM |#102  
Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
It was better program if it worked with blue tooth and NOT by wifi.
12th September 2013, 01:50 AM |#103  
SKAm69's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70
 
More
Great idea for an app! Tested between 4.2 and 2.3 Androids and it has a little delay. So it appears like an echo effect.
The Following User Says Thank You to SKAm69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SKAm69 Ad-Free
12th September 2013, 03:32 PM |#104  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Just wanna say I love this app and that it really synchronize the audio playback!
Great job!

As mentioned earlier: An ability to capture the audio stream from other apps (Spotify, Youtube, Netflix and so on) would really extend the usage of this app

And - of course - I have already purchased the full version!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ibennani For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ibennani Ad-Free
17th September 2013, 11:21 PM |#105  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 199
 
More
V0.8 released
Hello everyone.

It has taken a while but we've been busy.
Version 0.8 of SoundSeeder is out now with many improvements and bugfixes.

I've updated the main post and attached the new .apk files. The play store entry should be up to date within the next hour.
There are many changes in the new version, too many to list them all in detail.
The main changes have been made in the streaming engine, which should now be much more stable on low WiFi and older devices.
You should have much less connection- or sync-problems.

As the most devices have only one speaker, we are now per default streaming the music in mono, so the traffic is reduced by 50%. Of course you can switch it to stereo (or left / right) if you want to.

SoundSeeder is now available in the following languages:
English, German, Spanish, Italian, Czech and Polish.

Many thanks to ILCAMPIONE, Josep, skaram and Jan for supporting us with translations!

Here is a (still incomplete) list of the most important changes in v0.8
v0.8:
- Huge improvements in stability, performance and usability
- Improved connection handling and synchronicity
- New default streaming in mono. Network traffic reduction by 50% without any loss of quality on most devices.
- Play songs from external file browsers and mail attachments.
- New localisations: italian, spanish, czech, polish
- New menu item to shutdown SoundSeeder, use back button to hide the app
- Many many minor bugs fixed.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jekatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jekatt Ad-Free
18th September 2013, 11:14 AM |#106  
sverige80's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekatt

Hello everyone.

It has taken a while but we've been busy.
Version 0.8 of SoundSeeder is out now with many improvements and bugfixes.

I've updated the main post and attached the new .apk files. The play store entry should be up to date within the next hour.
There are many changes in the new version, too many to list them all in detail.
The main changes have been made in the streaming engine, which should now be much more stable on low WiFi and older devices.
You should have much less connection- or sync-problems.

As the most devices have only one speaker, we are now per default streaming the music in mono, so the traffic is reduced by 50%. Of course you can switch it to stereo (or left / right) if you want to.

SoundSeeder is now available in the following languages:
English, German, Spanish, Italian, Czech and Polish.

Many thanks to ILCAMPIONE, Josep, skaram and Jan for supporting us with translations!

Here is a (still incomplete) list of the most important changes in v0.8
v0.8:
- Huge improvements in stability, performance and usability
- Improved connection handling and synchronicity
- New default streaming in mono. Network traffic reduction by 50% without any loss of quality on most devices.
- Play songs from external file browsers and mail attachments.
- New localisations: italian, spanish, czech, polish
- New menu item to shutdown SoundSeeder, use back button to hide the app
- Many many minor bugs fixed.

Thank you, works great.
I like the new menus to add songs in the media library!
18th September 2013, 10:24 PM |#107  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 199
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sverige80

Thank you, works great.
I like the new menus to add songs in the media library!

Thank you.
They were already in the previous version, you can open them also by long-clicking on a library entry.
The Following User Says Thank You to jekatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jekatt Ad-Free
19th September 2013, 02:44 PM |#108  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 199
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fits79

It was better program if it worked with blue tooth and NOT by wifi.

Hello everyone.
Many users are asking us for Bluetooth support, but i can't really see a benefit of Bluetooth over WiFi...?!
Why would you prefer bluetooth?

19th September 2013, 06:34 PM |#109  
sverige80's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekatt

Hello everyone.
Many users are asking us for Bluetooth support, but i can't really see a benefit of Bluetooth over WiFi...?!
Why would you prefer bluetooth?

I've connected my two SoundSeeder Speakers to bluetooth speakers.
So my bluetooth connection is already in use. I'm happy with SoundSeeder using WiFi!
24th September 2013, 09:49 PM |#110  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 199
 
More
v0.82
Hello everyone.

We have released a new update to version 0.82.

Some users reported sync-problems, which seem to be hardware related.
Especially Nexus 10 users reported, that the playback of the SoundSeeder Speaker was out of sync.
Please report us, if you have similar issues when using SoundSeeder.

We have now implemented a new setting, to adjust the offset of each speaker manually, if the automatic synchronization does not work properly for your device.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_offset.png
Views:	197
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	2280544  
28th September 2013, 04:19 PM |#111  
Sabyn's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 120
 
Donate to Me
More
how many devices can we connect in the free version? because i tried with more than mine and a friend, and fail, not more than 2 devices on free version?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
group play, music player, share, stream, wireless speaker

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes