Thanks Meter: 5,409

By daniel_hk, Inactive Recognized Contributor on 18th November 2013, 09:37 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
23rd November 2013, 06:34 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_hk

There are only 4 files and only one with ODEX in the file name. http://goo.im/devs/daniel_hk/rom/cm-11.0/gapps

BTW, ART in not mature. Some apks not working.

Good luck!

Thank you for the replies sir. I followed everything and even downloaded your ODEXED GAPPS. However, the same com.android.phone and Themes provider and now there com.android.systemui has stopped etc.
24th November 2013, 05:16 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 181

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by epidemic11

Thank you for the replies sir. I followed everything and even downloaded your ODEXED GAPPS. However, the same com.android.phone and Themes provider and now there com.android.systemui has stopped etc.

there's only one proper answer for questions related to ART (for now at least).
DON'T ENABLE ART IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT WORK.
24th November 2013, 06:47 AM |#23  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerboy92

there's only one proper answer for questions related to ART (for now at least).
DON'T ENABLE ART IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT WORK.

Yeah right. Sadly, I know how to make it work. I have a Nexus 4 with the latest AOSPA 4.4 and PA GAPPS and I MADE ART WORK. So don't come telling me that I don't know how to make it work. I did everything to make ART work with this P6200. But it is giving me a hard time. I flashed and reflashed at least 8 times already. I tried the latest PA GAPPS and Daniel's ODEXED GAPPS.

Come on, reply in CAPS LOCK mode again.
24th November 2013, 07:09 AM |#24  

More
Quote:

Yeah right. Sadly, I know how to make it work. I have a Nexus 4 with the latest AOSPA 4.4 and PA GAPPS and I MADE ART WORK. So don't come telling me that I don't know how to make it work. I did everything to make ART work with this P6200. But it is giving me a hard time. I flashed and reflashed at least 8 times already. I tried the latest PA GAPPS and Daniel's ODEXED GAPPS.

Come on, reply in CAPS LOCK mode again.

if you know how to make it work, then you shouldn't be asking. There's an obvious reason of why Google left it disabled by default. You also should know that you shouldn't be complaining about an experimental feature.
24th November 2013, 07:37 AM |#25  

More
Quote:

if you know how to make it work, then you shouldn't be asking. There's an obvious reason of why Google left it disabled by default. You also should know that you shouldn't be complaining about an experimental feature.

Dude, I'm not even complaining. OK, tell me how can you make ART work? Yeah it's as simple as:

1. installing 4.4 ROM
2. flashing ODEXED GAPPS
3. activating ART

how hard is that?

With my Nexus 4 it works great without any issues. I know there are many incompatible apps but I don't care. I would just uninstall those incompatible apps and I'm fine. I don't need Whatsapp, I don't need Titanium Backup.

The thing here is that, if I did every step properly and exhausted remedies, then the problem might be with the ROM itself.

I'm raising these questions so that Daniel would know that there is a problem with this part of his ROM and so that might be able to do something about it.

Again, I am not complaining. I am seeking help for a possible bug in Daniel's ROM.

You're so illogical.
24th November 2013, 12:58 PM |#26  

More
Quote:

Dude, I'm not even complaining. OK, tell me how can you make ART work? Yeah it's as simple as:

1. installing 4.4 ROM
2. flashing ODEXED GAPPS
3. activating ART

how hard is that?

With my Nexus 4 it works great without any issues. I know there are many incompatible apps but I don't care. I would just uninstall those incompatible apps and I'm fine. I don't need Whatsapp, I don't need Titanium Backup.

The thing here is that, if I did every step properly and exhausted remedies, then the problem might be with the ROM itself.

I'm raising these questions so that Daniel would know that there is a problem with this part of his ROM and so that might be able to do something about it.

Again, I am not complaining. I am seeking help for a possible bug in Daniel's ROM.

You're so illogical.

all right lil boy. whatever makes you happy.
24th November 2013, 07:59 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Does the gps work?. I had hard time with it.
26th November 2013, 06:22 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
thanks for this rom
29th November 2013, 08:43 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:

all right lil boy. whatever makes you happy.

I think the big problem is that we're using an experimental feature in an experimental ROM build. IOW, there's no guarantee it's going to work at all. I know there are a number of KK ROMs even for top-end devices that have intentionally blocked access to ART because it was just plain too buggy for their builds. Indeed, I just tried ART with this build and got stuck on the CM logo screen, forcing me to start over (I tried it just after install, so this is just a nuisance to me), so I suspect ART is not ready for prime time on this ROM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhosAsking For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WhosAsking Ad-Free
1st December 2013, 04:16 PM |#30  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 643

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhosAsking

I think the big problem is that we're using an experimental feature in an experimental ROM build. IOW, there's no guarantee it's going to work at all. I know there are a number of KK ROMs even for top-end devices that have intentionally blocked access to ART because it was just plain too buggy for their builds. Indeed, I just tried ART with this build and got stuck on the CM logo screen, forcing me to start over (I tried it just after install, so this is just a nuisance to me), so I suspect ART is not ready for prime time on this ROM.

In fact, Google clearly states on the 4.4 release notes that ART is experimental and will crash with many applications , its for developer testing only.,
5th December 2013, 11:56 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
As someone noted, I've been noticing brief pixel glitches when the screen rotates. Also, Bluetooth seems to be disabled on this build. Can anyone verify this?
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4, cm-11, gt-plus, kitkat
Previous Thread Next Thread