FINAL-[ROM][4.4.4r2]p6200/p6210/t869(6Jan2015 BTpatch2)SlimKat build 8.20 Unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

daniel_hk

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2
With a few requests from tab-plus owners, I started building ROMs for tab-plus. I don't want to ignor anyone so built for all models.
I can't reply all post because I don't have the tab to test. However, I tried to answer all PMs as detail as possible. Once a while in these few months, I received a few hostile PMs, calling me names, etc. I might have asked too many questions. I don't have the ability to guess what model or which ROM if they are not mentioned. I don't know why asking for a screen shot, a video or details would be too much for someone.
Anyway, I over estimated myself to support a device I don't have. I have spent too much resource and I don't think I can do this any more. Bye. :)

*** Lollipop is out so my development for Kitkat is done. As a closure, I included all tab-plus models in this final build ***

Latest patch reported can't turn off. Flash the new View attachment bluetooth-patch2.zip in recovery with fix it. Good luck!

banner.png

SlimKat was one of the first few released right after the Official Kitkat released. As its name implied, it has the smallest footprint and yet it has some of the cool stuff. I plan to port it for a long time. Although there are still issues in my Kitkat roms, I want to add this to our list. Enjoy!
*** Slimrom is rooted, in any case if root is lost, follow this ***
*** To disable media scanning: Settings > Advanced Options ***

goo.im is up again!
Release Note:
2014/7/8
Just before the WC Semi-final, I updated SlimKat to 4.4.4r1. SlimKat behaves slim and stable as always. ;)

2014/5/16
Slimrom is persistance. It is version 5.1 now! I was thinking about 4.4.3 but seems a bit far now..
In this build, I fixed the Dashclock from Slim. IR is working. Can't find any material for IR support in platform but Smart IR Remote is working. Smart IR Remote is a great app. It deserve a few dollars!
 History

2014/4/25
This Slimkat 4.6 would be probably the last one from Slim. HWA for openGL is enabled. Camera and Maps are working now. DeskClock widget FC is fixed by porting from Omni.

2014/4/4
That was a productive week. After a few sleepless night trials, the rotation flickering is fixed! :victory: There was actually two issues. Rotation on some apks like the browser cause screen deformation is another. Digging through tens of files, I finally fixed it! SlimKat is 4.1 now. Bluetooth headset and other fixes in Omni and CM11 are also included. Just like other Kitkat ROMs, SlimKat is almost come to an end. I'm glad to say: All the major issues are gone now! :highfive:

2014/3/1
Bluez may take some time to become stable. PA is in beta6 not complete yet. PAC has beta now but not allow to publish. This weekend, I prepare the device trees for SlimKat. They have done a good jod, everything is ready in an hour. Just patched a few things like WiFi and telephony and the rom is out! :laugh:
AFH may take longer to upload...

For Change log and Know issues, please visit my 7.7 thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2666261

Downloads: :highfive:
goo.im: http://goo.im/devs/daniel_hk/rom/slimrom
AFH: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=12536
mirror: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1sjHFbqP#dir/path=/slimrom

Slim gapps http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/dlsearch/viewcategory/1150-addons4-4

Recovery requirement
** CWM6, TWRP 2.3.1 or above is OK.
Most of the 4.4 Roms require the latest reovery with file_contexts and set_metadata support.I have patch the update-binary to work with old recoveries.

** See my thread to patch any gapps or ROMs with set_metadata fail **

Source: :cool:
kernel & device trees will update the new kernel soon after testing
github: https://github.com/danielhk?tab=repositories

Credits: :good:
** The SlimROM team who keeps many old devices alive!
** All those who donate to me. Giving me the resources to upgrade my PC and accessories!
** All those who help our cool tab's developments!

Donations:

show.htm

Last edited:

katarusiva

I have tested this rom ,,lot of issues i have faced with this slimkat rom are:
1.music player is not working properly ..sometimes DSP MANAGER FORCE CLOSES freqently
2.Videos r not playing even i tried to use BS player but no chance ,,,:confused::confused:
3.A dotted lines is flowing through screen ,,when ever i am taking a screen shot ..(Holding power+volume down)
4.And wifi bluetooth everything working gud.Thanks

zombiezoom

Jan 27, 2012
Alexandria
You're the best ever! :D I am so happy that the rotation glitch was fixed at last. Thank you so much for your amazing work. I wish I could donate to you, I was thinking about it for a long time but unfortunately PayPal doesn't include Egypt :/
Let me know if I can help in any way. :)

daniel_hk

Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2
You're the best ever! :D I am so happy that the rotation glitch was fixed at last. Thank you so much for your amazing work. I wish I could donate to you, I was thinking about it for a long time but unfortunately PayPal doesn't include Egypt :/

Thanks!
A few word from you guys always mean a lot to me.;)

All the best!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

katarusiva

Amazing !

Slimkat 4.1 Is amazing ,,it works flawlessly and It runs smoother ,,And thanks to dev finally we r free of those dotted lines ,and know the rom looks very stable,,For mine purpose i am using ART runtime it works 3 times better than default DALVIK runtime ...:good::laugh:

Advantages:
1.Multi tasking is pretty much responsive
2.Portrait games runs on Full screen mode (Hides the capacitive buttons)

disadvantages:
1.sometimes the sound driver fails to work i have tested lot of time based on this issue while i am playing any music..
2.camera app not working
3.maps show balck screen
4.Phones is not ringing when incoming call arrive ...sometimes it woks but sometimes not

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-05-13-55-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-05-13-55-17.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 2,074
  • Screenshot_2014-04-05-17-41-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-05-17-41-33.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 1,858
  • Screenshot_2014-04-05-17-05-47.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-05-17-05-47.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,692
  • Screenshot_2014-04-05-17-05-16.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-05-17-05-16.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,699
  • Screenshot_2014-04-05-17-04-01.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-05-17-04-01.png
    68.1 KB · Views: 1,531
  • Screenshot_2014-04-05-13-55-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-05-13-55-26.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 1,484
  • Screenshot_2014-04-05-23-05-21.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-05-23-05-21.png
    144.2 KB · Views: 1,823
  • Screenshot_2014-04-05-18-05-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-05-18-05-37.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 1,485
  • Screenshot_2014-04-05-23-07-10.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-05-23-07-10.png
    229.8 KB · Views: 1,494
  • Screenshot_2014-04-05-22-57-21.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-05-22-57-21.png
    211 KB · Views: 1,475
Last edited:

tobacco40

May 15, 2008
hi daniel_hk,

thank you very much for your effort. this is a very good version for this tab.

but there is a problem with google maps. if i start google maps, i get a black screen. the map isn't show. i only see the search bar from maps. i hope, you can fix this.

exists a workaround for the orientation problem with the dialer ? i looked into the other threads, but found nothing.

best regards,

tobacco40

Reactions: daniel_hk

lgstoian

Mar 3, 2010
Bucharest
Great work as ever Daniel. It seems the best kitkat rom for our tab. For now the biggest issue I noticed is the default camera app not working. Camera works in Instagram or other camera apps.

rfok

Nov 30, 2008
Thank you so much dear Daniel for your nice job

I just want to use Titanium Backup and restore some of my old apps+data.
But I've got that my device is not rooted anymore, would you help me to know how to root it once again?

Thanks

lapdog101

Feb 15, 2011
Addison, IL

But I've got that my device is not rooted anymore, would you help me to know how to root it once again?

Thanks

Go to Settings>advanced options and check your superuser settings. I had to change mine to use TB.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

rfok

Nov 30, 2008
Would you tell me what do you mean by TB?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Dear Daniel
I'm experiencing a low performance (sometimes very very low as the device looks like it's halted) on my P6200 and especially lag on page scrolling or switching between apps

Is it something normal?

Your work is awesome at all :good: :victory:
Thanks

daniel_hk

Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2

Thanks

Already answered earlier.
Check a few post back..

Is wifi tethering working? Thanks!

Sent from my GT-P6200 using XDA Premium HD app

Wifi tethering has been there for sometime. Work for my p6800. Probably work for p6200 too.
These kind of things is better trying than asking. With a proper backup, there is no risk.
Good luck!

Would you tell me what do you mean by TB?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Dear Daniel
I'm experiencing a low performance (sometimes very very low as the device looks like it's halted) on my P6200 and especially lag on page scrolling or switching between apps

Is it something normal?

Your work is awesome at all :good: :victory:
Thanks

If it is just after boot, there are many background process in Kitkat. It might take a few minutes to finish, especially those on-line process. Even if you haven't install apks yet, gapps (g+, handout,..etc.) will try to logon to the server.

If everything is settle down and done, it should not like that. If problem persist, check your startup process (disable some if possible).

Good luck!

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kevintangi

kevintangi

Jan 2, 2012
Pekanbaru
@daniel_hk thanks for continuous support for our old tablet.. we really appreciate it. i'd like to buy you some beer, but as i'm below 17 and dont own a credit card, it is impossible..

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk

ravhi1044

Dec 27, 2013
Bogor
The roms is very smooth and stable, but how to link the new internal storage "/storage/emulated/" to old internal storage "/mnt/shell/sdcard/" ?

Reactions: mohawahba
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With a few requests from tab-plus owners, I started building ROMs for tab-plus. I don't want to ignor anyone so built for all models.
    I can't reply all post because I don't have the tab to test. However, I tried to answer all PMs as detail as possible. Once a while in these few months, I received a few hostile PMs, calling me names, etc. I might have asked too many questions. I don't have the ability to guess what model or which ROM if they are not mentioned. I don't know why asking for a screen shot, a video or details would be too much for someone.
    Anyway, I over estimated myself to support a device I don't have. I have spent too much resource and I don't think I can do this any more. Bye. :)

*** Lollipop is out so my development for Kitkat is done. As a closure, I included all tab-plus models in this final build ***

Latest patch reported can't turn off. Flash the new View attachment bluetooth-patch2.zip in recovery with fix it. Good luck!

banner.png

SlimKat was one of the first few released right after the Official Kitkat released. As its name implied, it has the smallest footprint and yet it has some of the cool stuff. I plan to port it for a long time. Although there are still issues in my Kitkat roms, I want to add this to our list. Enjoy!
    *** Slimrom is rooted, in any case if root is lost, follow this ***
    *** To disable media scanning: Settings > Advanced Options ***

goo.im is up again!
    Release Note:
    2014/7/8
    Just before the WC Semi-final, I updated SlimKat to 4.4.4r1. SlimKat behaves slim and stable as always. ;)

2014/5/16
    Slimrom is persistance. It is version 5.1 now! I was thinking about 4.4.3 but seems a bit far now..
    In this build, I fixed the Dashclock from Slim. IR is working. Can't find any material for IR support in platform but Smart IR Remote is working. Smart IR Remote is a great app. It deserve a few dollars!
     History

2014/4/25
    This Slimkat 4.6 would be probably the last one from Slim. HWA for openGL is enabled. Camera and Maps are working now. DeskClock widget FC is fixed by porting from Omni.

2014/4/4
    That was a productive week. After a few sleepless night trials, the rotation flickering is fixed! :victory: There was actually two issues. Rotation on some apks like the browser cause screen deformation is another. Digging through tens of files, I finally fixed it! SlimKat is 4.1 now. Bluetooth headset and other fixes in Omni and CM11 are also included. Just like other Kitkat ROMs, SlimKat is almost come to an end. I'm glad to say: All the major issues are gone now! :highfive:

2014/3/1
    Bluez may take some time to become stable. PA is in beta6 not complete yet. PAC has beta now but not allow to publish. This weekend, I prepare the device trees for SlimKat. They have done a good jod, everything is ready in an hour. Just patched a few things like WiFi and telephony and the rom is out! :laugh:
    AFH may take longer to upload...

For Change log and Know issues, please visit my 7.7 thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2666261

Downloads: :highfive:
    goo.im: http://goo.im/devs/daniel_hk/rom/slimrom
    AFH: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=12536
    mirror: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1sjHFbqP#dir/path=/slimrom

Slim gapps http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/dlsearch/viewcategory/1150-addons4-4

Recovery requirement
    ** CWM6, TWRP 2.3.1 or above is OK.
    Most of the 4.4 Roms require the latest reovery with file_contexts and set_metadata support.I have patch the update-binary to work with old recoveries.

** See my thread to patch any gapps or ROMs with set_metadata fail **

Source: :cool:
    kernel & device trees will update the new kernel soon after testing
    github: https://github.com/danielhk?tab=repositories

Credits: :good:
    ** The SlimROM team who keeps many old devices alive!
    ** All those who donate to me. Giving me the resources to upgrade my PC and accessories!
    ** All those who help our cool tab's developments!

Donations:

show.htm

Thanks!
    A few word from you guys always mean a lot to me.;)

All the best!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Amazing !

Slimkat 4.1 Is amazing ,,it works flawlessly and It runs smoother ,,And thanks to dev finally we r free of those dotted lines ,and know the rom looks very stable,,For mine purpose i am using ART runtime it works 3 times better than default DALVIK runtime ...:good::laugh:

Advantages:
    1.Multi tasking is pretty much responsive
    2.Portrait games runs on Full screen mode (Hides the capacitive buttons)

disadvantages:
    1.sometimes the sound driver fails to work i have tested lot of time based on this issue while i am playing any music..
    2.camera app not working
    3.maps show balck screen
    4.Phones is not ringing when incoming call arrive ...sometimes it woks but sometimes not
    I have tested this rom ,,lot of issues i have faced with this slimkat rom are:
    1.music player is not working properly ..sometimes DSP MANAGER FORCE CLOSES freqently
    2.Videos r not playing even i tried to use BS player but no chance ,,,:confused::confused:
    3.A dotted lines is flowing through screen ,,when ever i am taking a screen shot ..(Holding power+volume down)
    4.And wifi bluetooth everything working gud.Thanks