2nd May 2014, 12:45 PM |#11  
OP Inactive Recognized Contributor
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 5,409

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiezoom

NO NO NO! PLEASE MAN! You can test anything with mine, just tell me what you want. I already provided a logcat.
This is the best rom yet, it has amazing features.

Normally, there would be a missing resource (for the resolution of your tab) causing crash but I can't find any error in your logcat. If systemUI crash, how can you use it...
I don't know how you got the logcat.
If systemUI crash, you can only get the log via a PC.
Type:
adb logcat > logfile
will dump the log to the file logfile in your current directory.
A clean flash will clear the debug from PC. Try a dirty flash to keep the debug privilege.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel_hk Ad-Free
2nd May 2014, 02:45 PM |#12  
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_hk

Normally, there would be a missing resource (for the resolution of your tab) causing crash but I can't find any error in your logcat. If systemUI crash, how can you use it...
Type:
adb logcat > logfile
A clean flash will clear the debug from PC. Try a dirty flash to keep the debug privilege.

Yes, the logcat I provided was done from my Linux laptop. Now, I only saw SystemUI crash warning once but everytime I boot the device I see a black screen no home! just the toolbar and softkeys.
So, if you need another one, I'll make another.
3rd May 2014, 02:02 PM |#13  
Flag Alexandria

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_hk

Type:
adb logcat > logfile

Screenshots after a clean flash uploaded and you can see that I cannot access Home or Apps drawer
I also attached a ZIP of 3 logcat files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip logcat.zip - [Click for QR Code] (105.6 KB, 51 views)
File Type: zip testphotos.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.90 MB, 185 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to zombiezoom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zombiezoom Ad-Free
3rd July 2014, 10:46 AM |#14  
Flag Alexandria

More
Thumbs up
Thank you so much for taking time to build for our tab
Downloading now!

Edit: the AFH link leads to the galaxy 7.7 downloads!

Edit: Fixed.
The Following User Says Thank You to zombiezoom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zombiezoom Ad-Free
4th July 2014, 08:43 PM |#15  
Flag Alexandria

More
Smile
Thank you Daniel, everything is working as it should. But sometimes when restarting the tablet, it gets stuck on the CarbonRom logo. That's the only problem I encountered so far. I will update this post if I found any other problems.

EDIT: seems like it was fixed by flashing Minimal GApps ^^
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zombiezoom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zombiezoom Ad-Free
7th July 2014, 08:37 PM |#16  
Flag Douglas
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Which Kernel to use?
I have tried all of the kernels available on the download link on the first post, but none work with my P6210. They all fail with a getprop error.
Is there a newer kernel somewhere? I am trying to use CM-11 unofficial or carbonrom.

Thanks!
8th July 2014, 01:47 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Can folks please post experiences on the p6200, I've been using the 7.7 version which is fantastic, the most usable daily rom but if this is good enough on the plus, I'd really like to suggest this rom to a friend who is still stuck with 4.1 jb
8th July 2014, 02:15 AM |#18  
Flag Alexandria

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaadilhx

Can folks please post experiences on the p6200, I've been using the 7.7 version which is fantastic, the most usable daily rom but if this is good enough on the plus, I'd really like to suggest this rom to a friend who is still stuck with 4.1 jb

I am currently using the latest version and it's so amazing, ROCK stable. I have no problems with it. It's the best for Tab Plus so far.

EDIT: BTW a lot of people here -and I don't know why- don't appreciate the massive work that Daniel has made for Tab Plus. You could see a lot of downloads being counted but only a few people who would comment with reviews or even a thank you!
8th July 2014, 04:13 PM |#19  
Flag george
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I'm extremely great full for daniel_hk's work but i think it would be great is somebody would test all P6200 roms and test them on common every day app and games and give feed back and benchmark scores as i have no idea what rom to try first ??? just look at the choices just from daniel_hk
this one is on my list to be tested just saying keep up the great work

Can we have some screenshots ram usage and benchmarks scores from somebody that uses it already? might cause more downloads and more replies
8th July 2014, 05:11 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Thanks for your feedback on the plus zombiezoom, great to hear.

I've been trailing mainly P6800 (7.7) rom mods for about a year now. Its fantastic to be able to get access to these roms and everyone's hard work particularly Daniel, I must say he has so many roms posted and its great to trial them. I've been looking for a stable alternative to stock now for a while and I think I've found it.

I think people who use the roms are likely following guides from other sites, they just download, trial and don't comment here. To get everything working efficiently we do need to focus comments here to help the developers/ and ultimately ourselves by getting a nice working rom.

@ this point to have wifi, bluetooth, mobile function and other major functions to be working reliably is great. I'm sure those who make the switch from stock and remain would likely consider donations. I said on the 7.7 topic, that I rather less fancy functions and features and more stability. This way we can all leave the stock rom behind just like samsung left us there and turn to our rom of choice. Once we do that we then can support our developers who can in turn keep our devices stable and alive.

Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xaadilhx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xaadilhx Ad-Free
8th July 2014, 05:19 PM |#21  
Flag Alexandria

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthys

I'm extremely great full for daniel_hk's work but i think it would be great is somebody would test all P6200 roms and test them on common every day app and games and give feed back and benchmark scores as i have no idea what rom to try first ??? just look at the choices just from daniel_hk
this one is on my list to be tested just saying keep up the great work

Can we have some screenshots ram usage and benchmarks scores from somebody that uses it already? might cause more downloads and more replies

This is the BEST ROM for Tab Plus!

Screenshots:

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaadilhx

Thanks for your feedback on the plus zombiezoom, great to hear.

I've been trailing mainly P6800 (7.7) rom mods for about a year now. Its fantastic to be able to get access to these roms and everyone's hard work particularly Daniel, I must say he has so many roms posted and its great to trial them. I've been looking for a stable alternative to stock now for a while and I think I've found it.

I think people who use the roms are likely following guides from other sites, they just download, trial and don't comment here. To get everything working efficiently we do need to focus comments here to help the developers/ and ultimately ourselves by getting a nice working rom.

@ this point to have wifi, bluetooth, mobile function and other major functions to be working reliably is great. I'm sure those who make the switch from stock and remain would likely consider donations. I said on the 7.7 topic, that I rather less fancy functions and features and more stability. This way we can all leave the stock rom behind just like samsung left us there and turn to our rom of choice. Once we do that we then can support our developers who can in turn keep our devices stable and alive.

Thanks

Exactly! And I can tell you that this ROM has both: stability and features
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zombiezoom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zombiezoom Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4.2, carbonrom, gt-plus, kitkat
Previous Thread Next Thread