FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

X10 Stock Camera: Better Pictures Guide!

3,095 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,034

By Mr Patchy Patch, Senior Member on 2nd August 2011, 06:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd August 2011, 07:05 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Windsor, Ontario

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by riginal

Oh man what took you so long to write this?

by the way weren't you the one who once said miui camera takes better pictures than stock?

I also thought Vignette did to. Once I learned infinity focus was better than single auto, and discovered EV on stock cam...it was all over lol
2nd August 2011, 07:10 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Windsor, Ontario

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldi4803

Hei, you're good at making photos, so i suppose you're also good with photoshop and stuff.

Because there is a slight chance that there are some ..... how should we call them.... people who don't understand something when they don't see it with their own eyes.... why don't you make a picture of camera app and insert numbers to describe each feature and which is where.

Here is a Screenshot

(sorry for this pixel thing on the right side, but just cant get rid of it, liveview of camera refreshes to fast for screenshot ^^ )

Up in my first post I wrote how I setup my stock cam.
there all in order according to your camera app starting from the top to the bottom, then in the additional settings.

If you use a different camera app, and wanna know what button is doing, just ask (:

Oh! ps. I noticed your set on infinity focus in that screenshot,,,which wouldn't work out so well being so close. you would want macro. Which is the very top box on your camera screen (:
2nd August 2011, 07:11 AM |#13  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 146

More
Very deatil, I must say.
I am going to try using the EV adj to take better photos.

If you gave time,could you write another thread to teach us how to take good photo under poor light/at night(Well,I knowthe light sensor is just x.x)

cheers,
L

Sent fRom mY FreeXperia X10 uSIng xda Premium App
2nd August 2011, 07:12 AM |#14  
Flag Pazardzhik
Thanks Meter: 1

More
m8 the shire quality of the images is much much much time better with vignette than the stock camera app mainly coz the stock camera app compresses the pictures a lot more and the quality is a lot worst than those taken with vignette for instance i took the same picture with the stock app and vignette and the truth is ht picture with the stock camera is 2.8mb a lot worse and the one with vignette is 5.6mb ... sooo .. dunno what u compared but m8 from my experience your not right for shire quality of the images, about the options of the app i agree with u but not for the quality taken with the stock app its poor .For instance i was on the same options that u mentioned and me and my gf who has 6700 nokia compared pictures and i was astonished how bad is the quality untill i found vignette - the best app for taking quality images for me
2nd August 2011, 07:18 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsrailfan

The stock camera in 2.1 was the best, but now I am noticing a severe deterioration in quality after upgrading to GB. Night photos are completely unusable after upgrading to GB - there is severe noise reduction applied as default and the pictures look like some artist's water-colored images. I wish i could revert to the 2.1 firmware

Will post a comparison soon...

EDIT: Image Stabilization is set to OFF and I am using normal mode (no scenes).

while taking pics in night try night landscape! if it's outdoor!

suggested by mode from esato!
you can check few pics in here
2nd August 2011, 07:20 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Windsor, Ontario

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by laill

Very deatil, I must say.

If you gave time,could you write another thread to teach us how to take good photo under poor light/at night(Well,I knowthe light sensor is just x.x)

cheers,
L

Nightime photography is my favorite. However on this phone without manual controls of aperture, shutter speed and ISO...you can only do so much.

If you shooting handheld at night,, you better have a VERY steady hand. Otherwise mount your phone.
Leave the EV at 0 and adjust from there. White balance makes a massive difference at night...which most of the time (not always) will be incandenscent white balance.

Use infinity focus at night because the X10 just wont be able to focus properly anyways. Unless you have significant lighting. I still stick with infinity anyways lol.

Good thing about infinity focus, is you can hold the shutter button half way as if you were focusing and move around with it held half way til your ready to snap your shot then just press the shutter the rest of the way.

But yeah, the sensor is only so good on this phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Patchy Patch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mr Patchy Patch Ad-Free
2nd August 2011, 07:20 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 967

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Patchy Patch

I also thought Vignette did to. Once I learned infinity focus was better than single auto, and discovered EV on stock cam...it was all over lol

That's what I thought about Vignette too & frankly I love that app & its effects hehe.
But I'll try playing with these settings in stock cam & see what'll happen.
2nd August 2011, 07:21 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by laill

Very deatil, I must say.

cheers,
L

Honestly tho, taking phone cameras out of the picture, it's difficult to take nice pictures in low light conditions, even with a DSLR.

Essentially, there are several factors that enable you to take good low light photos, such as longer exposure times (allowing more light to hit the sensor) the use of tripods (a very steady hand) and/or a flash for a light source.

Even your breathing will give camera shake resulting in a blurry picture.
2nd August 2011, 07:22 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Agreed, the X10 is powerful enough to take great photos and it's up to the user to make the picture look awesome.
Here's the one I took and post processed with Lightroom 3.

2nd August 2011, 07:24 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Windsor, Ontario

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diimaan

while taking pics in night try night landscape! if it's outdoor!

suggested by mode from esato!
you can check few pics in here

You better have a steady hand in night landscape mode lol.

But it does work well
2nd August 2011, 07:25 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1,559

More
I Never wanted to make a Foto from my keyboard ^^ just hat nothing else to aim at for making a screenshot. My thoughts behind that were, that if there are people who can make 8mp 16:9 Fotos, there sure are some who cant find the EV+- button

Edit: The Sensor isn't that much different from a Normal sensor... so it should somehow be possible to manually set the exposure time, because the camera.apk is also sending the correct time to the sensor. If we somehow could... hack?.... the camera.apk and look how it works, a custom Foto app should be posssible which let you change the exposure time. Btw, correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought the phone photo sensor has a fixed aperture right?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)