FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Survey: For Newbies, which of the steps was most Difficult for you?

Rooting

14 Vote(s)
23.33%
Flashing Zips Via Recovery (I'm Doubting Haha)

8 Vote(s)
13.33%
Unlocking Bootloader

40 Vote(s)
66.67%
Flashing Kernel for Unlocked Bootloader

15 Vote(s)
25.00%
Installing custom ROM (LB)

15 Vote(s)
25.00%
Installing custom ROM (UB)

11 Vote(s)
18.33%
Relocking Bootloader

17 Vote(s)
28.33%

{x10}[NEWCOMER/NEWBIE/BEGINNER]-FULL PDF GUIDE FOR ROOTING/FLASHING/ULBL/RLBL

556 posts
Thanks Meter: 469

By whitefang3456, Senior Member on 15th June 2012, 01:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th September 2012, 09:13 PM |#21  
Flag Debreczen
Thanks Meter: 12

More
thank you for the guied. it's really comprehensive and helpful
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricsko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ricsko Ad-Free
1st October 2012, 08:12 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
nice for noobs
The Following User Says Thank You to atroxx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift atroxx Ad-Free
2nd October 2012, 09:30 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Problem regarding unlocking bootloader
GREAT WORK MAN

but i am not able to unlock bootloader becuase i have unlocked sim from 3 party software and i know how to do it but i m not able to get AZUZU'S KERNEL DOWNGRADE and UPGRADE can u just mirror the links by taking the permissions or is there any other way by flashing 2.1 firmware or sumthing like that if there then plz tell and give the link ......
thnx
The Following User Says Thank You to GURAYAGARRY For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GURAYAGARRY Ad-Free
5th October 2012, 01:28 AM |#24  
Flag Craiova
Thanks Meter: 2

More
x10i ics
hello friends, I have a little problem with installing XPERIA S ICS [004] - CM9.1{23/9/12} {rom}. The problem is about installing CM9 FXP KERNEL, I downloaded fxp 140.zip and I don't know how to instal.I don't know how to boot in fastboot mode...please help

p.s: what gaps file i need to install? I have stock 2.3.3 gb, rooted, xrecover instaled and UB

Best regards
5th October 2012, 02:08 AM |#25  
Flag British columbia
Thanks Meter: 1,976

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enriquecs2005

hello friends, I have a little problem with installing XPERIA S ICS [004] - CM9.1{23/9/12} {rom}. The problem is about installing CM9 FXP KERNEL, I downloaded fxp 140.zip and I don't know how to instal.I don't know how to boot in fastboot mode...please help

p.s: what gaps file i need to install? I have stock 2.3.3 gb, rooted, xrecover instaled and UB

Best regards

Turn phone off when flashtool says so pull battery plug in cable insert battery while holding back button should start flashing
The Following User Says Thank You to cartmenicus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cartmenicus Ad-Free
6th October 2012, 05:04 PM |#26  
Flag Craiova

More
x10
but is zip file, how I flash?pls help, can you give me a tutorial for flash fxp 140? my phone don't want to go in fast boot...

Best regards
7th October 2012, 02:08 PM |#27  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 329

More
Quote:

but is zip file, how I flash?pls help, can you give me a tutorial for flash fxp 140? my phone don't want to go in fast boot...

Best regards

U flash it through cwm recovery

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to laneyofdeath For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift laneyofdeath Ad-Free
13th October 2012, 09:02 AM |#28  
Flag santa flora
Thanks Meter: 243

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Best regards

Use flash mod not fastboot, the x10 can't use that feature.

Sent from my X10i using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 AM ----------

Quote:

Best regards

To install this particular rom you must have unlocked your bootloader.

Go into the flashtools folder and go to the firmware folder and place the kernel file that you downloaded from the same page. Then place all you want onto your sdcard and power off you phone and then flash the kernel. Using flashtools flash mod not fastboot by seclecting in and pressing ok. Then when you boot you would see a new logo other than sony ericsson and also your notification light change color, when that happens you should press the back button until you enter cwm recovery in which you now use your volume rocker to move up and down and home(your middle button) to seclect.

Well explore and get familiar with the this(don't select anything that you rom instructions say)

Fxp141 kernel: https://m.box.com/view_shared/3pw6eugwrve2cqeos5l6

PS. Try the 003 because for some reason 004 is giving me problem anyway hope I helped you.

14th October 2012, 11:33 AM |#29  
Flag Craiova

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brenty108

Use flash mod not fastboot, the x10 can't use that feature.

---------- Post added at 04:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 AM ----------

To install this particular rom you must have unlocked your bootloader.

Go into the flashtools folder and go to the firmware folder and place the kernel file that you downloaded from the same page. Then place all you want onto your sdcard and power off you phone and then flash the kernel. Using flashtools flash mod not fastboot by seclecting in and pressing ok. Then when you boot you would see a new logo other than sony ericsson and also your notification light change color, when that happens you should press the back button until you enter cwm recovery in which you now use your volume rocker to move up and down and home(your middle button) to seclect.

Well explore and get familiar with the this(don't select anything that you rom instructions say)

Fxp141 kernel: https://m.box.com/view_shared/3pw6eugwrve2cqeos5l6

PS. Try the 003 because for some reason 004 is giving me problem anyway hope I helped you.

Yes mate you helped me with kernel and thank you very much. Meanwhile i used a alpha 1 kernel and i didnt like. I have the same problems with wifi.

Best regards

26th December 2012, 09:15 AM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag National University of Malaysia (NUM), Bangi
Thanks Meter: 469

More
It's been a while guys...i was wondering does anyone here having "unknown baseband" prob here??? Cos i encountered this prob before after i used custom rom about 1month, but i solved it eventually..just wondering should i write this case in pdf just in case happened in some of you again?? Kindly hear your wonderful replies.. Cheers.

Whitefang
6th January 2013, 12:21 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Is it possible to get your X10 completely to factory values (no xrecovery). I was reading your relock guide and at the end you end up with relocked stockrom with xrecovery on the kernel, but is it possible to get original sony kernel on it without xrecovery? (by flashing the original 2.3 ftf file or something?)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
full guide flashing, newbie, newcomer, rooting

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)