FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Solution for Xperia X10 Heating up and rebooting

10 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By jkjoms, Junior Member on 25th June 2012, 11:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
From many users of xperia x10 who are using firmware version 2.3.3(official update) i ve heard that the phone gets heated up while on 3G connection while on wifi there is no such problem. Even I had similar problem. I really did an in-depth study in this matter it came to my notice that many got their battery changed some got motherboard replaced, but still most of them are not satisfied and hadnt got a solution for this particular problem.

Facing this problem I was really frustrated. I tried all methods like rooting, using custom kernel etc. Then it came to my mind that all this started to happen after I did official update to 2.3.3. For about 1 year i couldnt figure it out. Even if surrounding temperature increased the phone would reboot. this situation was really ridiculous. Tried and tested in many conditions I found out that after flashing to the firmware that the handset came first from factory ie 2.1update there is no problem of heating up or rebooting. I agree many functionality are not there in 2.1 when compared to 2.3.3. but u can be rest assured that ur phone wont get heated up and reboot while using 3G.

Conclusion

Tried on 3 different Xperia X10i 's the problem got solved...... If u really want to use X10i with 2.3.3 then its possible only if u can keep the phone cool by having a dedicated table fan or AC blower directly blowing on to ur xperia X10i while on 3G Connection

HIT THANKS
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jkjoms For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jkjoms Ad-Free
29th October 2012, 03:23 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
still same problem...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjoms

From many users of xperia x10 who are using firmware version 2.3.3(official update) i ve heard that the phone gets heated up while on 3G connection while on wifi there is no such problem. Even I had similar problem. I really did an in-depth study in this matter it came to my notice that many got their battery changed some got motherboard replaced, but still most of them are not satisfied and hadnt got a solution for this particular problem.

Facing this problem I was really frustrated. I tried all methods like rooting, using custom kernel etc. Then it came to my mind that all this started to happen after I did official update to 2.3.3. For about 1 year i couldnt figure it out. Even if surrounding temperature increased the phone would reboot. this situation was really ridiculous. Tried and tested in many conditions I found out that after flashing to the firmware that the handset came first from factory ie 2.1update there is no problem of heating up or rebooting. I agree many functionality are not there in 2.1 when compared to 2.3.3. but u can be rest assured that ur phone wont get heated up and reboot while using 3G.

Conclusion

Tried on 3 different Xperia X10i 's the problem got solved...... If u really want to use X10i with 2.3.3 then its possible only if u can keep the phone cool by having a dedicated table fan or AC blower directly blowing on to ur xperia X10i while on 3G Connection

HIT THANKS

I tried everything including the 2.1update firmaware and still the same problem. Some x10 get fixed with new batterys, some with replacing the motherboard and others with downgrading the software, its not the same for everyone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pato1025 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pato1025 Ad-Free
3rd November 2012, 12:25 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I have one which has everything (screen, keyboard, MB, battery,etc.) replaced except the SIM card, I had 2 other phones to steal parts from, still overheats and shuts off I think SIM cards play a role in this too.
6th November 2012, 07:24 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 637

More
It's funny when I said the same thing I was harassed as a liar.
But it's true.

You want 3G get a PC fan and glue it to your x10.
The X10 is a failure as a android device "phone"
Gets hotter than hell.
The internal cellular radio eats the battery.
Proof of concept.. switch to flight mode.

Using 3G for a extended time will most definitely kill the device.
7th November 2012, 01:59 AM |#5  
Flag santa flora
Thanks Meter: 243

Donate to Me
More
That little black thing I think helps keep the dust out of your phone but since I remove them(around 5) it does not SEEM to heat up as much as before.

Sent from my X10i using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1352253439770.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	1462886  
7th November 2012, 06:45 AM |#6  

More
I removed my cover off of the X10.
Its basically a screen and mobo wide open.
Still heat rises.

3G is not usable on the x10.
7th November 2012, 07:35 AM |#7  
XDA
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjoms

Conclusion

HIT THANKS

Tried on 3 X10s ?????? WOW
And this happened on many user? ??? HOW MANY ????? LOL
You just having bad luck boys.
7th November 2012, 07:57 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremX10

Tried on 3 X10s ?????? WOW
And this happened on many user? ??? HOW MANY ????? LOL
You just having bad luck boys.

Obvious troll is obvious.

If what you are saying is true.
Then obviously there must be more than one version of this chipset.
7th November 2012, 09:00 AM |#9  
XDA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaRED^

Obvious troll is obvious.

If what you are saying is true.
Then obviously there must be more than one version of this chipset.

Can you read the CONCLUSION above?????
Is that make sense for you????
This kind of joke rite????
I swear, this never happened to mine and my friends!!!!!!!
WLOD because of OC???? YES, but not rebooting
due to 3G conn. for hours. Heating up ??!! YES, and stop at +/- 50 C, but this also happened on some other phones (most GSM phones).
So sorry if i disapointed you man.
The Following User Says Thank You to XtremX10 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XtremX10 Ad-Free
7th November 2012, 09:06 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremX10

Can you read the CONCLUSION above?????
Is that make sense for you????
This kind of joke rite????
I swear, this never happened to mine and my friends!!!!!!!
WLOD because of OC???? YES, but not rebooting
due to 3G conn. for hours. Heating up ??!! YES, and stop at +/- 50 C, but this also happened on some other phones (most GSM phones).
So sorry if i disapointed you man.

Yes he said add a fan.
You said we are just having bad luck.
+50*C ... read the warning label on the battery.

Why are you raging?
7th November 2012, 09:18 AM |#11  
XDA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaRED^

Yes he said add a fan.
You said we are just having bad luck.
+50*C ... read the warning label on the battery.

Why are you raging?

Thats is CPU temp reading, dunno for battery.
Seems you absolutely rite, thats why this thread
got FIVE STARS from MOD.
Sorry about my posted above

GoodDay and HavingFan

Cheers
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)