By mrtim123, Senior Member on 7th February 2011, 12:33 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd April 2011, 07:47 AM |#11  
Flag D-town
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtim123

this was some time ago for me, and has not happened since, but i was thinking about it recently and i was actually thinking it was heat related. i was charging (at the time it died last time) via usb-pc connection, and that always gets really hot. maybe its a thermal heat saving thing?

You should avoid charging via usb on PC...it never charges battery properly and is recommended when you only want to charge your phone to do it via charger, not PC usb.
3rd April 2011, 03:36 PM |#12  
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simacid

You should avoid charging via usb on PC...it never charges battery properly and is recommended when you only want to charge your phone to do it via charger, not PC usb.

Where is the data on this?

I just discovered as of yesterday, that my Lenovo (IBM) Thinkpad T400 only has one good USB port as far as my X10a is concerned. The other 2 ports appear to connect, but the charge still falls down.

My best port is on the left side, further back of the two.

I am using rendeiro2005's [MOD/ROM)scamble_v01[CM6.1.3][30MAR]
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1015765

I am attempting a portion of the cycle of power as noted here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1010070
  • # Unplug Charger and do not plug back in until your phone dies
    # Reboot into recovery once it is dead by connecting charger
    # Wipe battery stats
    # Charge to 100% and repeat the discharging, wiping, and charging process about 3-5 times

In attempt to make sure my battery was drained, I kept turning my phone on.
This led to my flashing red LED of death.
I attempted this workaround, but it didn't work exactly, but close enough.
I had to pop the battery out and in and disconnect usb a few times and back in until it started charging.....
3rd April 2011, 10:01 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Newcastle
Thanks Meter: 56

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simacid

yep, i generally do, but i was away on a trip and only had access to a pc/usb for charging (forgot my AC charger!)
4th April 2011, 01:21 PM |#14  
Flag -
Thanks Meter: 10

Donate to Me
More
Red flash of death:
For me it was because the connector on my phone(!), was broken.
So I send it back for repair.
A friend of mine had exact the same.

Vodafone is currently repairing mine, and made a photo of what was broken. ;p

Now the wait till they repair it and send it back to me O_o
8th June 2011, 05:28 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy x10 not charging, not working at all
when i got my x10 which was sent to me thru dhl, i saw it was working before it was placed inside the box then when i get it just this morning i tried to power it on but it didn't so i charged it but nothing happened. Even the led indicator is not blinking so i tried to buy a new one. there, the indicator blinks when i power it up but still didn't work. i tried to charge my original battery thru usb for more thn 2 hours and charge it thru clipped charger for almost half day now but nothing happened. issue is still persisting. can somebody help me with these?
9th June 2011, 06:36 AM |#16  
Flag kuching

More
haha.. this had happen to me be4 when i flash to custom ROM. and tht time my phone battery was 34%. After flash. it show only 10% ._. how funny it is..
11th June 2011, 08:43 AM |#17  

More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtim123

Hey all,

Surely at some point we have all gone to pick up our x10's and seen nothing on the screen and a blinking red led when you try to turn it on.
Immediatly thoughts of Phone Death and End of the World will undoubtably echo through our minds. Fear not!

Well, this happened to me on the weekend again (a few times now) so i thought i'd try a few different ways of getting it back up again and i think i nailed it first go

1. Yank battery out
2. connect charger and wait for green charging led
3. insert battery and wait for charging icon to appear in screen* (SE logo first, then Charging screen)
4. power phone on with cable still connected. Phone will boot as normal and continue charging.
5. celebrate avoidance of mobile technology isolation with a few cold ones

Hope that helps someone!

* For what its worth, i am running Zdzihu's 2.2 Beta4, but i think this should work on most. Only thing that might be different would be the charging icon does not appear on some ROMS. That i cannot answer but is probably worth a shot anyway

Tim.

i tried using these steps but nothing happened. the green led lights up but after a minute is goes out and then nothing happened.

what else can i do to turn my x10 on? i'm really losing hope for this phone. really disappointed. and i don't wanna say these but i'm starting to hate sony ericsson for not responding to these issue. i've read from different forums from different sites that a lot of same issue is happening to same brand and model yet all of these haven't responded even a single solution and that's really frustrating.
12th June 2011, 08:08 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
i have the same issue phone turns on on some point but battery keeps on 0% even if i charge it for more than 2 hours it doesnot goes past 0%..............I tried the genuine charger and everything
20th June 2011, 07:02 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohveric

Hi,

I am facing the same issue as mentioned above but unable to resolve it.

I tried the steps mentioned:

1. Yanked battery out
2. connected charger and waited for green charging led

But for me the green charging led does not come up!!

What could be the issue?

i am in the same boat. had more than 70% when mine died... now all it does is the flashing light thing...
i kno the usb port works b/c ONE time out of probably about a 100 that i've tried, it actually worked and brought me to the charging battery screen then immediately died again...

i can't seem to get the phone to go to xRecovery OR boot into flash mode...
this is all very upsetting... what to do?
3rd March 2012, 12:02 PM |#20  
Flag Sargodha
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Is this topic still alive.i v the same issue like other frends told.my x10 is dead.when i press power button it vibrates for less than a sec and then ..... no life.
3rd March 2012, 04:38 PM |#21  
Flag Sargodha
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Red face
Where are you xpert people and developerz.help us making x10 alive

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Where are you xpert people and developerz.help us making x10 alive
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
charging, flat, red led, wont turn on, x10

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)