[Q] issue after rooting Recovery Booting. Set Warranty Bit : Recovery loop

Search This thread

saeidzzz

Jul 15, 2013
hi, i just decided to root my t mobile note 3 device so the first website was tellin about KINGO 1 step root so i did install KINGO and it said successfully rooted and i clicked finish the phone rebooted and it showed me
Recovery Booting
Set Warranty Bit : Recovery
and this screen keeps looping and i cant even enter recovery mod once the phone turns on it shows me that and it keep looping auto reboot same screen
im not sure if my phone is still alive anymore :(
any solutions?
thanks.
note 3 t-mobile n900t

Frank Westlake

Nov 13, 2013
Enter download mode (hold [VOLUME-DOWN][HOME][POWER] until buzz, then release [POWER]). At the first download mode screen where it says you can press volume-down to boot normally, press volume-down to boot normally.

Frank

Reactions: juampinarbondo

cdresor

Nov 12, 2010
same prob

Enter download mode (hold [VOLUME-DOWN][HOME][POWER] until buzz, then release [POWER]). At the first download mode screen where it says you can press volume-down to boot normally, press volume-down to boot normally.

Frank

Same problem as OP, and I can not get into download mode either. If I do as above, it still goes on booting .

cdresor

Nov 12, 2010
hi, i just decided to root my t mobile note 3 device so the first website was tellin about KINGO 1 step root so i did install KINGO and it said successfully rooted and i clicked finish the phone rebooted and it showed me
Recovery Booting
and this screen keeps looping and i cant even enter recovery mod once the phone turns on it shows me that and it keep looping auto reboot same screen
any solutions?
thanks.
note 3 t-mobile n900t

If the advice above didn´t work (nothing happened when pressing the usual VOL down - home - power etc), this is how I managed:
I tried booting around 25 times with the power button released at different times. Did not work.
Tried to insert battery when pressing the 3 buttons. Did not work.
I let the battery run completely empty. Started charging the phone and pressing the 3 buttons. Did not work.

I charged the phone full (with booting the whole time....needed to put it somewhere quiet). After estimating it was full, I pulled out the battery, preparing to send it to mobiletechvideos.com (they saved me before). After a few hours I wanted to see the error message so I could write them. When I inserted the battery, I got the regular download mode! Nowthen, would I dare to boot it since I am not really sure what to flash to my phone?
I rebooted, and now the phone is back to normal. OTOH, I will not try to flash CWM/TWRP again, so goodbye custom roms (Omega :( )

Reactions: The Tweakie bro

Quincy_adams

Mar 16, 2011
Baltimore
you are a life saver!

Frank

I thought I was going to have to factory reset my phone like other forums suggested and lose everything. Thanks to your suggestion I was able to get out of recovery reboot loop. Thank you! :)

mkatz

Sep 1, 2015
Thanks for your help, you are a lifesaver lol! I saved so much money and time because of you. Have a great day :)

MJ_CHE

Apr 8, 2016
samsung j5 500f

i have the same problem when i flash twrp recovery..any solution ????

ulop3z

May 3, 2016
My Fix

I held down the Down volume key along with the power and spammed the home button until the download screen came on, just keep spamming it while holding down the other keys, it will reboot just keep spamming, then I plugged it in to my computer, opened Odin and re installed the Root and it booted up fine

Tmobilefan906

Apr 1, 2016
I held down the Down volume key along with the power and spammed the home button until the download screen came on, just keep spamming it while holding down the other keys, it will reboot just keep spamming, then I plugged it in to my computer, opened Odin and re installed the Root and it booted up fine
Um. U might wanna flash back to stock. Your phone shouldn't do that. Ur messing up your bootloader. Flash newest firmware via Odin

Sent from my Samsung SM-N900T using XDA Labs

DroidHackers

Dec 2, 2016
This happens...

This happens to almost everyone at some point of time. There is no need to worry as you just need to flash recovery like TWRP or CWM. To shed some light on this issue... boot loops mainly happen when you uses the incorrect version of software with your ROM or stock firmware. By using youtube you can look at the videos of your phone model and find the recovery version number needed.

For anyone who has a Note 3 T-Mobile phone who is still stuck! I am willing to make a video to show how to fix this and provide all the firmware/version numbers + links in one bundled location to make it easier.

ALL PHONES ARE VERY specific... ONLY USE THE CORRECT FIRMWARE FOR YOUR MODEL PHONE

Again, if you have a Samsung Note 3 T-Mobile, model number SM-N900T and are still lost. Let me know so I can shot a video and bundle files needed.

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

If the advice above didn´t work (nothing happened when pressing the usual VOL down - home - power etc), this is how I managed:
I tried booting around 25 times with the power button released at different times. Did not work.
I let the battery run completely empty. Started charging the phone and pressing the 3 buttons. Did not work.

I charged the phone full (with booting the whole time....needed to put it somewhere quiet). After estimating it was full, I pulled out the battery, preparing to send it to mobiletechvideos.com (they saved me before). After a few hours I wanted to see the error message so I could write them. When I inserted the battery, I got the regular download mode! Nowthen, would I dare to boot it since I am not really sure what to flash to my phone?
I rebooted, and now the phone is back to normal. OTOH, I will not try to flash CWM/TWRP again, so goodbye custom roms (Omega :( )

Don't be scared by this... just choose the correct versions before blindly trying to install a ROM. Also, only use links from main sources if you dont fell like auditing the code!

sawless

May 17, 2016
Hi guys, sorry for might be late about helping you now years later... But recently I've found something interesting about fixing this issue.
Fix: (100% working in Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530H)

UPDATED: More detailed info!

# Before flashed Recovery or Root:
1. Root device using Odin or any other rooting known workaround.
2. Backup Recovery (optional), and Kernel using Rashr (available on PlayStore).
3. Flash Custom Recovery (TWRP), using Odin PC software or TWRP android app.
4. Flash backed-up Kernel.img file to Boot partition using TWRP install section.
5. Reboot system (It may take a few time to boot)

# After flashed Recovery or Root: (accidentally or without knowing)
1. Search online and download your exact Phone Stock Kernel.
2. Follow *before flashed* above ↑ from 3rd.

Bonus info:
Even after flashing TWRP, you might be able to Boot device yet, by going to TWRP → Advanced → Reboot system. (It bypass bootlooping to Recovery, while: “Set Warranty Bit : Recovery”).

That's all! Try at your own, then share it!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Frank
    Recovery Booting
    any solutions?
    thanks.
    note 3 t-mobile n900t

Um. U might wanna flash back to stock. Your phone shouldn't do that. Ur messing up your bootloader. Flash newest firmware via Odin

Sent from my Samsung SM-N900T using XDA Labs

The phone is fine now, it was just stuck on the loop and spamming home was the only way out, its fine now I've had no problems and it boots up fine