[Q] Failed Status 7 from both CWMR and TWRP

Search This thread

xvsanx

Sep 24, 2010
sprint galaxy s3 sph-l710 d2spr, using the newest cm11 build, used cwmr touch newest version and twrp newest, installed recovery from odin, installed the team epic root fix, all of that as I'm familiar with rooting. I've tried many alternative ways now and I always come to the same error: status 7 failed. am I doing something wrong? or do I have to remove the assert line in the script and force a flash? I didn't do that because it sounded risky, but I've tried everything and double checked to make sure I have the most updated files then tried again and nothing has worked. the only thing I'm not doing that I did on my s2 was wipe data right before flashing the rom but the guides I'm using don't mention doing so. I also don't reboot after team epic root, but I don't think that would matter. please reply, would like to get this done tonight as it's for a friend who won't be coming back over for a few days.

Last edited:

joeyhdownsouth

Apr 1, 2009
Creole State
sprint galaxy s3 sph-l710 d2spr, using the newest cm11 build, used cwmr touch newest version and twrp newest, installed recovery from odin, installed the team epic root fix, all of that as I'm familiar with rooting. I've tried many alternative ways now and I always come to the same error: status 7 failed. am I doing something wrong? or do I have to remove the assert line in the script and force a flash? I didn't do that because it sounded risky, but I've tried everything and double checked to make sure I have the most updated files then tried again and nothing has worked. the only thing I'm not doing that I did on my s2 was wipe data right before flashing the rom but the guides I'm using don't mention doing so. I also don't reboot after team epic root, but I don't think that would matter. please reply, would like to get this done tonight as it's for a friend who won't be coming back over for a few days.
I recommend Philz advanced CWM. This will fix error 7 99% of the time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I recommend Philz advanced CWM. This will fix error 7 99% of the time.