Content Removed at OP Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rockythepain

Oct 20, 2010
I did'n noticed any lags. Even when i'm installing apps. So far the best FW i tried without Lagfix. With lagfix and voodoo sound. This GB is gonna rock- :D
well actually i am having a lot of issues,force close for the browser some laggs when multitasking,restarts here and there although i am using the official FROYO!! o_O

Slagathor

Apr 29, 2010
Tilburg
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Google Earth 1.2.2 not working well. Cant rotate with two fingers or move view up and down (same as V1) :(

Nope, you're wrong. Google Maps does rotate but the controls have been changed. Use two fingers against eachother (don't spread your fingers) to rotate and to tilt the map. Try it out, you'll get there!

I think the XXJVK 2.3.3 is pretty fast and smooth! No FC's found and no lag (except a mild lag for the Gallery).

Oh, and to root the ROM search for the post from [Ramad]

_JKay_

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 12, 2010
OK rooted using JV1 went fine... but Titanium Backups restore made systemui crash all the time.... ie no status bar!!

And no power off sound? Is that normal?

And also note: Wifi was on my phone set to ALWAYS ON!!!

Last edited:

.Slane.

Nov 16, 2010
Cyanogen and Samsung kernels aren't compatibles. No features like BLN or Voodoo Sound without a Samsung official release via Kies and source code of a JVx kernel. I hope it'll soon !

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

MikeePA

Aug 23, 2010
The new bar seems to be more "SAMOLED friendly", as you can see:
(bars are represented at the same scale)

Attachments

• NotBar.jpg
    NotBar.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 443
Last edited:
Reactions: oswade

brunes

Dec 9, 2006
there wont be touchwiz 4 on ouhr sgs unless someone here mods it in ;)

I don't know WHY people even care about Touchwiz *... Touchwiz is a horrible launcher compared to Launcher Pro or several other third-party launchers. And yes I have seen the 4.0 videos and to me it is not an improvement at all.

DeHann

Oct 24, 2010
Newfoundland
I have flashed the JVK firmware and then the "CF-Root-XW_OXX_JV1-v1.3-BusyBox-1.17.1.tar" kernel; however, since I have a GT-I9000M (Bell Canada) Galaxy S, I needed to update the modem.bin using an unsigned zip package (update.ugjl2.modem.zip).

In order to do this I have to flash an alternate kernel because the stock 3e recovery does not, of course, allow the installation of unsigned zip packages.

So, to do this, I flashed SuperCurio's "Gingerbread-GT-I9000-stock-kernel+hacks.tar" (as it also contains the voodoo lagfix) and then installed the JL2 modem update.

Unfortunately, although this worked on JV1, it seems that because I did not re-flash the JVK stock kernel then this is the reason that the auto-rotate or horizontal calibration is not working...

Any ideas or suggestions to resolve this? Help! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Admin Edit: The Original Poster has requested the content of this thread be removed.

This initial post has been deleted, but the thread has been undeleted due to there being numerous links to this thread elsewhere.

The thread will be closed, but not deleted in order that those following links are not mystified by receiving an "invalid link" notification.
    Here is how to root:

* Download CF-Root-XW_OXX_JV1 kernel from here : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9920908&postcount=3 (Remember to thank Chainfire for his excellent work!)
    * Extract and flash the extracted tar file as PDA with no pit and no re-partition.

* Download the original kernel from here: http://www.multiupload.com/Q04A1TB713
    * Extract and flash the extracted tar file as PDA with no pit and no re-partition.

* Done!

If you need to install Busybox then download it from Market....Good luck to all of you. :)
    Here are my instructions from last time....they still apply

Sure here are the steps :

1. Download my modified framework-res.apk
    Code:
    adb push framework-res.apk /data/local/tmp
    adb shell
    su
    mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/stl9 /system
    stop
    rm /system/framework/framework-res.apk
    cp /data/local/tmp/framework-res.apk /system/framework/
    rm /data/local/tmp/framework-res.apk
    reboot
    3. Go in display -> turn on either "some" or "all" animations
    4. Enjoy
    Here you go, screenoff animation enabled.

Let me know if it works, cuz im in the process of flashing this firmware :)

Link

Instructions same as my previous ones, just remount push and reboot.

lol

5 Minutes too late. :eek:

But anyway, it's tested on my device...