Windows Phone Most Wanted App List

Search This thread

samsabri

Dec 9, 2010
Los Angeles
Hey XDA,

Romit Metha (@theromit) started a Google doc that is keeping track of some of the most popular and big name mobile apps out there and whether or not they are available for WP7.

Here is a link to the list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Atl58J-8ikdwdHpVOTJzTjhGSHBTeVUyRlNjVHRsX0E&hl#gid=0

Do you want me to list them in this post too? Or just refer to the link?
Tweet suggestions to him (@theromit) or post them below and I'll pass the message on to him to update the list accordingly.

What apps do you want to see on Windows Phone 7 that are available on iOS, Android or BB?
I'm looking forward to a Wells Fargo application or Mint.com, as well as Nike+, and Instagram.

Sam

PS:
We are looking for suggestions for apps that are officially on iOS (iPhone) and Android (Smartphones not Tablets). Maybe a thread for the tablet versions of apps can be appropriate in the Windows 8 forum once it launches later this year. In the meantime lets focus on mobile!

Edit: To reduce duplication, here are all the apps so far.
Whatsapp (In Marketplace)
Tom Tom
Square
Pandora
Words With Friends
Instagram
HippoRemote
Starbucks
WebEx
LogMeIn
GoToMeeting
Citrix Receiver
Wells Fargo
Chase
PayPal
American Express
Mint.com
Citi
CNBC
e*trade mobile pro
ESPN Radio
Yahoo Fantasy Football
CNN app
Viber
TeamViewer
My6sense (In Marketplace)
BB&T
Voxer
Dropbox
Camera+
Spotify (In Marketplace)
Soundhound (In Marketplace)
Cinch
Picplz
shopkick
Safari Books Online
Cut The Rope
Tumblr (Official)
Google+
Golf Shot
Univision app
Remote Desktop
Tweetdeck
File Explorer
Microsoft Sharedview
AirVideo
Waze
ComiXology
GoodReader
Bump
Vonage
Ooma
VuDu
ESPN Cricinfo
Sonos
Photosynth
Scottrade
Nike+ GPS
Hyundai Bluelink
SiriusXM Player
LinkedIn

XDA Suggestions:
Viber (Being worked on apparently)
Aweditorium (It is only on iPad that I saw. We are looking for iPhone and Android apps for Windows Phone not Win8)
Flipboard
Dragon dictation
Hamachi (Not on iOS as far as I could find)
Family Feud
Chipotle
Panera Bread (Nothing official on iOS either)
PNC
Better Best Buy app (Since the current one sucks so bad)
Sams club
Jaxtr (Now in Marketplace)
Torrent Client
Comcast Xfinity
Draw Something

Last edited:

ROCOAFZ

Jun 5, 2007
Words with friends and family feud. I don't want them but I know so many people that wouldn't ge a windows phone without them.

Sent from my PI39100 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

speedfreak228

Jun 19, 2011
Drag racing by creative mobile. There is on similar in the marketplace but it suvks.

Sent from my PI39100 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

deadwrong03

Dec 8, 2008
Voxer (you can tweet them @voxer I've been bugging them)
chase bank
Words with friends

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

937dytboi

Jul 30, 2007
Dayton, Ohio
Chipotle
Panera Bread
PNC
Better Best Buy app
Sams club

Our apps should be quality equivalent to iOS, ours shouldnt slack because of a different OS

Marvin_S

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2010
Code:
Spotify
Soundhound

Are already in the Marketplace for a while now...

And Nokia has a Univision app (don't know if its official).

People also want a YouTube app and a Google Maps app (all official, arguably more wanted/needed than Google+)

Last edited:

otherworld

Apr 13, 2008
Leeds
+ 1 for teamviewer - that would be amazing.
Skype obviously. Also Aweditorium, Flipbook, dragon dictation, and most importantly a UK version of the Amazon app.

dragonide

Jul 9, 2010
Rome
What's missing the in the list (ordered by importance) :

1) Hamachi, HAMACHI , HAMACHI!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. LogMeIn is different from Hamachi. LogMeIn let's you remotely login (a sort of VNC client/server), Hamachi creates fast and easy peer 2 peer VPN (even behind firewall).

2) Jaxtr !!!!!!!!!! JAXTR !!!!!!!!

3) a proper Console/cmd for moving, rename files, ping and similar

4) torrent client

5) a java virtual machine (even an emulated one would be good enough)

6) ssh/ftp/http/php server (3 different apps)

Last edited:

samsabri

Dec 9, 2010
Los Angeles
+ 1 for teamviewer - that would be amazing.
Skype obviously. Also Aweditorium, Flipbook, dragon dictation, and most importantly a UK version of the Amazon app.

Flipboard would be amazing, both on Windows 8 and Windows Phone. I feel like it could translate nicely with the metro design language.

Keep the suggestions coming XDA! I'll work on updated the first post in this thread and keeping it clean and organizing it better. I'm also going to send our suggestions to Romit too.

Sam

Last edited:

otherworld

Apr 13, 2008
Leeds
Flipbook would be amazing, both on Windows 8 and Windows Phone. I feel like it could translate nicely with the metro design language.
Sam

So true. Flipbook looks and feels like it should have been an app designed specifically for metro. They both quote a 'celebration of typography'. It will really shine on a windows 8 tablet, but I could easily see it working on wp7 too. Fingers crossed.

Havenger

Dec 8, 2010
Skype and a Port of the Android App "Quizoid" ( I have the Database with the Questions, so I can port it, but alone is not so easy ) ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pandora(just don't think metroradio is quite as good as pandora)
    Draw Something
    Splashtop or Logmein or some remote desktop app

Thanks for all your work, developers.
    You can stream Pandora (and use the phone's media controls) through the web interace, actually. You still have to go back to the page to Like/Dislike/Block a song, but that's pretty easy and it does (sort of) reduce the need for an app. Personally, I just use Zune Pass now - costs more than the paid Pandora subscription I used to have, but has a ton of advantages over Pandora.

There are both Remote Desktop clients (for connecting to Windows; the one I use is called "RemoteDesktop" and works quite well) and SSH clients (for connecting to OS X and Linux boxes, though command-line only since there's no X11 Server for WP7 yet).