How much in the UK?

Search This thread

nozzla

Nov 30, 2011
Orange deal sounds good but went with them for one year a while ago and hated it.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA

cookpass

Jan 12, 2009
Wrexham
I personaly dont understand, why u all look for "carrier" phones with monthly payment...

Isnt there any "local" internet shops (similar to ebay/amazon) where you can buy? Here there is planty of them! Choose the one u like or the price u like and go ahead!

You can see some of search results here "http://www.salidzini.lv/search.php?q=htc+one" But ofc, these shops dont send outside Latvia, so its not option for thread author

It works out "for me at least" about £550 odd for a free phone, unlimited texts, loads of minutes and data over
2 years. So paying £400 up front for a phone on its own with none of that makes no sense at all to me I'm afraid.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Stiflerlv

Apr 9, 2010
It works out "for me at least" about £550 odd for a free phone, unlimited texts, loads of minutes and data over
2 years. So paying £400 up front for a phone on its own with none of that makes no sense at all to me I'm afraid.

I see then...

Phones at carriers used to be cheaper! I got my Tattoo for 100 total (only its price) while in shop it was about 180.

But it was 2 years ago, and the Tattoo already was exception for the price.
Now, for example, galaxy S2 in internet shop costs ~300 while at carrier they ask to pay 15 each month for a phone only + the services u use. so that makes 24*15=360 only for phone... This is same for all carriers, only if you arent "VIP" client, these have different conditions.

cookpass

Jan 12, 2009
Wrexham
I see then...

Phones at carriers used to be cheaper! I got my Tattoo for 100 total (only its price) while in shop it was about 180.

But it was 2 years ago, and the Tattoo already was exception for the price.
Now, for example, galaxy S2 in internet shop costs ~300 while at carrier they ask to pay 15 each month for a phone only + the services u use. so that makes 24*15=360 only for phone... This is same for all carriers, only if you arent "VIP" client, these have different conditions.

I guess it varies from country to country. And I'm sure in a few months the price for a standalone phone will be cheaper. That's just the here and now and its basically an interest free payment plan for the phone. :)

matt_not_andrew

Dec 7, 2004
If you work for local government authority (police, teacher, nursery etc) or have a friend who does, then you can get 25% off line rental for life when you renew or take out a contract IN STORE on Orange. All you need is a payslip, ID and address paperwork on the day. I did this with my wife last year and my neighbour and will do it next month when I upgrade (to One S, X or GS3) for myself. You can give discount as about to up to 5 people. Go out and befriend someone in those jobs and ask nicely!

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

h.han

Feb 28, 2011
London
OK, went to Phones4U on my high street and walked out with the grey one s in hand and other free stuff!!

They matched the deal which only available on their website (normally it's £31 phone free), £27 on O2, 24month, 300 mins, unlimited text, 500mb internet, grey one s for free, UNLOCKED, UNBRANDED!!

So, a bit advertisement, if you live in london, go to Chiswick Phones4U store and look for the lady manager, the sales service is excellent and you do get some very good free stuff with no catch, I am not talking about some crappy gift packages, but the real good phone accessories, just mention you heard it from previous customer.

zaphy42

Aug 23, 2005
Telford
Retention deal with Orange

I still don't know how my wife managed to get this, but she's managed to get an amazing retention deal with Orange for the One S.

600 minutes, 600 texts, 500Mb data, 30 picture messages for £13.98/month for 2 years and £60 for the phone itself!

I can't get anywhere near this deal with T-Mobile retentions! :(

nafonja

Mar 2, 2011
I still don't know how my wife managed to get this, but she's managed to get an amazing retention deal with Orange for the One S.

600 minutes, 600 texts, 500Mb data, 30 picture messages for £13.98/month for 2 years and £60 for the phone itself!

I can't get anywhere near this deal with T-Mobile retentions! :(

mobiles(.co.uk)/t-mobile-htc-one-s.html

FREE HTC One S
T-Mobile T-Mobile Text Standard Internet £26
In Stock Now!
£26 Per Month! (7 Months Free, so £18.42 on average)
300 Minutes
Unlimited Texts
750 Data Usage

and that will give you an extra £60 cash back so your average monthly cost will be £15.92
quidco(.com)/mobiles-co-uk/

h.han

Feb 28, 2011
London
you guys really got good deals, especially the Orange £13.98 one with phone £60, even EverythingEverywhere own employee won't get that deal I am sure.

I am not too sure about the tmobile one cos I just checked the deal seamed not there anymore. however, if you would take the risk of cash back (it could be tricky sometimes), you can get £20/month or less for sure.

For me I just being lazy went to upgrade my existing o2 contract from Phones4U and got a sim free one s grey for £27, 300min, 500mb, 24 months contract. To me, acceptable deal is good deal. :)

paulpenny

Mar 20, 2007
Most of the chat seems to revolve around deals on contract.

I have a sim only deal and always buy the handset outright.

Bet price I saw advertised was @£430. I went in to Phones4u to have a play with both the One S and One X and they were quoting me £489 for the One S.

I told the guy that Amazon were doing it for £430 and he offered me "his staff discount for friends" which came out at £383.

At that price it was too good to turn down!

The Jones

Jul 14, 2008
London

Bet price I saw advertised was @£430. I went in to Phones4u to have a play with both the One S and One X and they were quoting me £489 for the One S.

I told the guy that Amazon were doing it for £430 and he offered me "his staff discount for friends" which came out at £383.

Which store was that!?

MemphisLeak

Aug 8, 2010

Three do it for £369.

You can also get an o2 contract for 2 years which adds up to £350 after quidco cashback.