[Q] Dialer FC

Search This thread

BreatheHT

Mar 14, 2012
Diamond Bar
Tried different ROMs & kernels, tried wiping everything and re-flashing, tried flashing the latest RUU(including firmware), changed recovery, did everything I can, the dialer still FCs when I try to make a call.

Driving me crazy.

I used different recoveries as well. TWRP & CWM & Stock after RUU flash.

I do remember using CWM recovery though, but it is the official one.

Mister J

Mar 6, 2011
Tried different ROMs & kernels, tried wiping everything and re-flashing, tried flashing the latest RUU(including firmware), changed recovery, did everything I can, the dialer still FCs when I try to make a call.

Driving me crazy.

I used different recoveries as well. TWRP & CWM & Stock after RUU flash.

I do remember using CWM recovery though, but it is the official one.

Well, I don't think a kernel could have anything to do with it. I think you need to backup your ROM. Then go into recovery and wipe system. Then flash the stock AT&T rooted ROM with nothing else, then try.

sweeterman

Jan 18, 2011
I'm started having the same problem this morning on every single sense ROM that I tried. I finally had to flash CM because I needed to call someone. RUU, wiping everything, different radios and different recoveries, nothing worked.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

sweeterman

Jan 18, 2011
I'm going to try a few other things when I get a chance, hopefully tomorrow. I would like to get this solved.

Reactions: BreatheHT

ChrisPBacon

Feb 24, 2013
Have you checked HTC for a bug update? I know they have had these problems in the past. Might not hurt to check.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
This sounds a heck of a lot like the issue that cropped up with the old hacked (unofficial) version of CWM, way back last summer. It seemed that going from CM to CleanROM using CWM was the root cause (although I don't think the exact cause was ever discovered), and the oddest thing is that flashing different ROMs and even RUU didn't solve the issue. It was pretty much the event that got most of us to swear off the unofficial CWM, until it finally went official this month.

I think (but this is digging deep in my memory banks) some folks were able to resolve the dialer FC issue by going back to a known good CWM nandroid, then I think going to TWRP after that, and flashing a new ROM. But you might use the search function to find the specifics.

Might be something different going on here. But the persistent dialer FC (even after RUU) combined with CWM and CM10 is looking a bit suspicious.

Last edited:
Reactions: JayDream

BreatheHT

Mar 14, 2012
Diamond Bar
This sounds a heck of a lot like the issue that cropped up with the old hacked (unofficial) version of CWM, way back last summer. It seemed that going from CM to CleanROM using CWM was the root cause (although I don't think the exact cause was ever discovered), and the oddest thing is that flashing different ROMs and even RUU didn't solve the issue. It was pretty much the event that got most of us to swear off the unofficial CWM, until it finally went official this month.

I think (but this is digging deep in my memory banks) some folks were able to resolve the dialer FC issue by going back to a known good CWM nandroid, then I think going to TWRP after that, and flashing a new ROM. But you might use the search function to find the specifics.

Might be something different going on here. But the persistent dialer FC (even after RUU) combined with CWM and CM10 is looking a bit suspicious.

Yeah I've read threads and posts having the same problem.... But I've never used unofficial CWM that's the weird thing... And I don't really have a good backup...

BreatheHT

Mar 14, 2012
Diamond Bar

Should I flash CWM again? Because last time for some reason CWM Touch(official) stopped working for no reason(cannot get into recovery, screen flashes and reboots) so I flashed TWRP again, and I think that's when the problem began to show.

elfysrfr

May 12, 2010
Dickinson, Texas
www.facebook.com
Should I flash CWM again? Because last time for some reason CWM Touch(official) stopped working for no reason(cannot get into recovery, screen flashes and reboots) so I flashed TWRP again, and I think that's when the problem began to show.

Maybe try an older version of TWRP, if youre on one of the newer versions. I've heard a LOT of ppl having issues with the 2.4.x.x versions.

Sent from my now S-Off HTC OneXL

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Should I flash CWM again?

I'd say it worth a try.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Yeah I've read threads and posts having the same problem.... But I've never used unofficial CWM that's the weird thing...

I don't think it was ever properly discussed whether whatever caused this bug in ythe "old" hacked CWM was resolved (or not an issue) with the "official" CWM. Not trying to knock CWM, and those that worked hard on it. Its just been a lingering question in my mind since it went official. But I'm also a skeptic by nature.

Reactions: JayDream

sweeterman

Jan 18, 2011
I installed the latest CWM and flashed the rooted att 3.18 rom the dialer now works now. I don't know if there is a bug that once you use CWM, you can't use TWRP. It seems very odd though.

Last edited:

elfysrfr

May 12, 2010
Dickinson, Texas
www.facebook.com
I installed the latest CWM and flashed the rooted att 3.18 rom the dialer now works now. I don't know if there is a bug that once you use CWM, you can't use TWRP. It seems very odd though.

Good to know...I was thinkin bout flashing CWM, but I guess if I haven't had issues with TWRP, "don't fix what ain't broken."

Sent from my now S-Off HTC OneXL

BreatheHT

Mar 14, 2012
Diamond Bar
I'd say it worth a try.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

I don't think it was ever properly discussed whether whatever caused this bug in ythe "old" hacked CWM was resolved (or not an issue) with the "official" CWM. Not trying to knock CWM, and those that worked hard on it. Its just been a lingering question in my mind since it went official. But I'm also a skeptic by nature.

Thanks bro :D

Will try, thanks bro! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I solved the problem using these steps.

Fastboot Flash non touch version of CWM

fastboot erase cache

Flash Sense firmware

boot to rom and verify dialer works

reboot to bootloader

flash TWRP i used 2.3.3.0

fastboot erase cache

Enjoy being able to use dialer and contacts again
    I'm going to try a few other things when I get a chance, hopefully tomorrow. I would like to get this solved.

I solved the problem using these steps.

Fastboot Flash non touch version of CWM

fastboot erase cache

Flash Sense firmware

boot to rom and verify dialer works

reboot to bootloader

flash TWRP i used 2.3.3.0

fastboot erase cache

Enjoy being able to use dialer and contacts again

Thanks, I just had this same problem. I thought maybe I had fudged something up in radio lol